chicken nuggets, patties etc...

Boomer3

Awards
How does everyone feel about packaged chicken nuggets, patties etc... Been buying alot of them cuz they are quick and simple. Been buying the Tyson brand stuff? anybody have thoughts on this? is it a decent choice, im assuming it isnt as good as actual chicken breast etc but this is a heck of a lot more convenient

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
i was thinking about the same thing and decided not to buy it i dont know why.. and im doing a 1 month bulking plan so buying a few packages of the chicken patties with whole wheat buns, mustard, lettuce all the good stuff might not be that bad actually.

Boomer3

Awards
yeah it is nice since it only takes 20 minutes to cook faster if you use a microwave, but im using a pizzaz (greatest thing ever)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
yeah it is nice since it only takes 20 minutes to cook faster if you use a microwave, but im using a pizzaz (greatest thing ever)

Yah, they're great if you are bulking. But speaking of 20 minutes, I can also grill a whole bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts in 20 minutes as well :)

NxtVictim

Awards
I've always went for boneless skinless bags of chicken, 6 bucks for 5lbs. Takes as long to cook and has more flavor then the breaded chicken, not to mention its got less carbs, and no preservatives. My fav is to take cut the breast up in peices fry it, and then make a mongolian sauce, has some sodium but the chicken lasts all day. IMO anyway.
I'm a hugh fan of the nuwave and flavor wave ovens as well, cuts cooking in half and really helps reduce fats.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At Dollar General, they have these 5oz cans of white meat chunk chicken, 175 cals. 25g protein, 7.5g fat and like 1-2 carbs for a buck. They taste great alone or mixed with a bit of spicy mustard or even hot sauce. Can't beat that for a buck, will sometimes pack 2 and some cottage cheese and 2 slices of rye. 70 of protein, 425 cals. Is yummy **** Nom NOM!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
At Dollar General, they have these 5oz cans of white meat chunk chicken, 175 cals. 25g protein, 7.5g fat and like 1-2 carbs for a buck. They taste great alone or mixed with a bit of spicy mustard or even hot sauce. Can't beat that for a buck, will sometimes pack 2 and some cottage cheese and 2 slices of rye. 70 of protein, 425 cals. Is yummy **** Nom NOM!

I feel u brotha, in high school those were my lunch everyday.

Boomer3

Awards
haha yea you can cook the bag in twenty minutes but figure prep time to marinade etc...different story then. :) Not to mention im living in fargo, ND right now, our outside temperature is below, -10 lol. I wouldnt say that I am bulking but I am in a gaining phase, at 230 currently would like to be 245.

NxtVictim

Awards
haha yea you can cook the bag in twenty minutes but figure prep time to marinade etc...different story then. :) Not to mention im living in fargo, ND right now, our outside temperature is below, -10 lol. I wouldnt say that I am bulking but I am in a gaining phase, at 230 currently would like to be 245.
You just getting some fat, to stay warm lol

BigJoshStud

BigJoshStud

Awards
chicken nuggets and patties are absolute crap. They basically grind up the chicken, bone, beak, eyes and all into a pink paste and make your nuggets and patties out of it.

NxtVictim

Awards
chicken nuggets and patties are absolute crap. They basically grind up the chicken, bone, beak, eyes and all into a pink paste and make your nuggets and patties out of it.
I heard the same crap, i even seen a documentary on it. Kinda why i prefer the Chicken breast, in bags, or fresh from meat market.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
as long as it taste good i dont give a **** whats in it ahaha like chinese f00d

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Whose to say beaks and eyes aren't nutritious?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dunno guys... they aren't even that tasty.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Total waste of time. They are all fat. Id rather real chicken, tuna, or a quart of whole milk. There are plenty of better choices of things to eat then that absolute crap.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are in a bulking phase, then that stuff is fine^ you must realise that in that breading and processed chicken is alot more fat and some carbs than you get in straight chicken breast, or any other lean meat for that matter. I would say dont eat it everyday, unless you have a choice. If recomp or cutting, I wouldnt eat the nuggets, a pattie would be okay but obviously no where near the top choice. read the nutritional labels they do have a purpose. When bulking, a true bulk I repeat, then your just trying to gain mass. fat, water, muscle, whatever, your trying to gain. you will get stronger if you gain weight, and get enough protein and other essentials, and work your balls off in the gym. Ive done it, thousands upon thousands of lifters have done it, and its proven that fats are NEEDED to gain wait (no way, right?!) so, getting a little fat is A okay when gaining. Chicken patties are good to go, especially if its just one part of one of your daily meals.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, why a quart of whole milk, but you just complained about chicken having too much fat ? anyways your gettin alot more sugar from milk, which if your on a cut may not be what you wantttt ;)

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
Yah, they're great if you are bulking. But speaking of 20 minutes, I can also grill a whole bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts in 20 minutes as well :)
yup george forman grill...i love that thing !!!!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
If you are in a bulking phase, then that stuff is fine^ you must realise that in that breading and processed chicken is alot more fat and some carbs than you get in straight chicken breast, or any other lean meat for that matter. I would say dont eat it everyday, unless you have a choice. If recomp or cutting, I wouldnt eat the nuggets, a pattie would be okay but obviously no where near the top choice. read the nutritional labels they do have a purpose. When bulking, a true bulk I repeat, then your just trying to gain mass. fat, water, muscle, whatever, your trying to gain. you will get stronger if you gain weight, and get enough protein and other essentials, and work your balls off in the gym. Ive done it, thousands upon thousands of lifters have done it, and its proven that fats are NEEDED to gain wait (no way, right?!) so, getting a little fat is A okay when gaining. Chicken patties are good to go, especially if its just one part of one of your daily meals.
Bulking is not purposely trying to gain any type of mass. If that was your goal why not sit on your couch and eat chicken nuggets all day, since that is mass? There are much better choices then chicken nuggets.

Why are more and more people severly mistaken when it comes to what bulking really is?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
LOL, why a quart of whole milk, but you just complained about chicken having too much fat ? anyways your gettin alot more sugar from milk, which if your on a cut may not be what you wantttt ;)

I can guarantee 99% of people would choose whole milk over processed fat paddies. Whole milk is a staple of bulking for numerous reasons, not just its sugar content.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didnt say it was the best choice, and you obviously didnt read if you think thats what I said. but bulking is not the gain of solely muscle, thats recomp, and its obviously not cutting. bulking is putting on weight. of course your want most of it to be muscle, but eating some fat is needed. ever hear of EFAs? fats. you need fat to make horomones in the body, for energy, to store vitamins, and a boatload of other things. eating a 0 fat diet during a bulk is pointless. I wasnt knocking you or anything, just saying its not as bad as you say.

Lol, and as to sitting on the couch eating chicken nuggets, thats one of my favorites ;)

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I said its bad for cutting, nothing about bulking. and you didnt discuss its use in bulking either. I was simply comparing your knocking of chicken for its fat to your suggestion of whole milk, which contains just as much, if not more fats ( and saturated fats at that).

sugar is a carb, people on low carb med fat high pro diets cut back on milk for that reason, so whole milk is bad in that case. thats all. just like chicken covered in fat and breading is bad for a cut. and whole milk and chicken are good for bulking. We agree, you just wont agree that we agree it seems.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I didnt say it was the best choice, and you obviously didnt read if you think thats what I said. but bulking is not the gain of solely muscle, thats recomp, and its obviously not cutting. bulking is putting on weight. of course your want most of it to be muscle, but eating some fat is needed. ever hear of EFAs? fats. you need fat to make horomones in the body, for energy, to store vitamins, and a boatload of other things. eating a 0 fat diet during a bulk is pointless. I wasnt knocking you or anything, just saying its not as bad as you say.

Lol, and as to sitting on the couch eating chicken nuggets, thats one of my favorites ;)
Bulking to me is the same bulking it has been for over 70 years. People can change the name all they want, but the reality is that bulking means eating quality foods, and lots of them. Forcefeeding yourself quality foods, ungodly amounts of quality foods, see where I'm going with this? You will gain muscle, strength, and some fat in the process. To ask about a specific food, which is total junk, means the OP plans on eating it as one of his regular components of diet. Before stocking up on a box of chicken nuggets/paddies, he should be guided in the right direction and stock up on something better. Eating them every so often is fine, but then why ask about it?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
exactly my point, and thats what I said. Its okay to eat some, but not too often and not too much. Its not the worst and certainly not the best. now lets stop pissin about this cause I got better things to do. I can attest that I have eaten alot of chicken patties and those types of food because I have to eat sub par meals once a day. I dont like it but I do it. It doesnt stop me or hurt me at all. telling him its "total junk" is BS. end of story.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
exactly my point, and thats what I said. Its okay to eat some, but not too often and not too much. Its not the worst and certainly not the best. now lets stop pissin about this cause I got better things to do. I can attest that I have eaten alot of chicken patties and those types of food because I have to eat sub par meals once a day. I dont like it but I do it. It doesnt stop me or hurt me at all. telling him its "total junk" is BS. end of story.
Telling someone to go out and get as fat as possible and it's ok because its bulking, and not "recomping", is total BS. If I had my last 20 dollars and had to buy something, it would not be chicken nuggets. After all they are subpar. :spank:

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yup george forman grill...i love that thing !!!!
Nothing beats coming home from the gym, reheating some rice in the microwave and throwing some chicken breasts in the George Forman (as I call it, my GF, almost replaces my girlfriend haha) and preparing my supps and meals for the next day while I wait or playin some xbox lol...

French dressing goes great for the last couple minutes of grilling. Monterey chicken and rice!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright Bro. Cool.

Last edited:

Boomer3

Awards
lol, country, capone, why so serious? lol Been gone a few days and come back to all this....lol :)

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol thats what Im sayin^ I felt bad u had to come back to that crap. just eat hard lift hard and pray you gain easy, hahaha. Im goin so later

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
lol, country, capone, why so serious? lol Been gone a few days and come back to all this....lol :)
Well unlike Obama I would like to see you spend your money on something that will benefit you. Countryliftin does have some good food choices in the recipe section, but once he starts adding chicken paddies into his shakes we will have an issue.

My personal philosophy on bulking is quality foods and a lot of them. Every once in a while you can splurge, as we all do, but since you posted asking opinions on the said food you got my opinion. If you eat them once in a while cool, but there are better foods to spend your hard earned money on. That is unless you are on welfare then there are better foods to spend my money on!

Last edited:
CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well said^

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
I like like their stuff but if you're talking about the breaded stuff I try to avoid it.