Not follow strict diet - anyone do this?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    I feel like the diet thing is directly related to the results you want. i dont see a point in having bodyfat, it slows down my BJJ and doesnt look good lol this is why my diet is 99% dialed in, except for an occasional chinese food once a month or something like that. ive noticed throughout the years that the stricter I ate the better I looked and performed, so thats my motivation right there. if you are okay with having a two pack and having average energy levels, why not mix it up and eat some pizza/bagels etc. you just might not ever find out how freakishly you could have looked if you ate 100% clean.

    I feel u brotha. I love the "chase for perfection" of it. And the fact that you will never attain it, it keeps you reaching and reaching every single day towards something. Because let's face it, if you ever finally attained it, there'd be no pont in going to the gym anymore.

    And I get pretty anal about things in my chase for it. Like if 42g of protein on a certain meal is workikng for me. I'll try and get the measurements exactly right and do literally 40g or 45g on that meal for a week straight and see whether those 2-3g either way are able to give me a millimeter or centimeter or any extra progress towards whatever my goal (cutting, or bulking) at the time may be.

    Some people say it's no way to live life, and that's definitely true for a lot of people. But personally I wouldn't have it any other way, I absolutely love how cerebral dieting can be when you really focus on the minute details of everything. It's enjoyable to me, I love it.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    I feel like the diet thing is directly related to the results you want. i dont see a point in having bodyfat, it slows down my BJJ and doesnt look good lol this is why my diet is 99% dialed in, except for an occasional chinese food once a month or something like that. ive noticed throughout the years that the stricter I ate the better I looked and performed, so thats my motivation right there. if you are okay with having a two pack and having average energy levels, why not mix it up and eat some pizza/bagels etc. you just might not ever find out how freakishly you could have looked if you ate 100% clean.
    Make no mistake. By not following a strict diet it does not mean that I eat anything less then quality foods. I've always stated this, but to me there is no such thing as "clean" bulking or "dirty" bulking. These two terms have been created by some unknown person. Bulking always meant that you eat quality foods, just as much as humanly possible. You forcefeed yourself with these quality foods. "Clean" bulking is just trying to add a few extra pounds and not gain any fat, this is what 90% percent of American males want to do. This does not constitute bulking or "getting big" in my opinion. "Dirty" bulking is just a lazy and uneducated mans excuse for stuffing their face with with anything they feel like eating, all in the name of "bulking". This isn't bulking but binge eating, whether you work out or not.
    •   
       


  3. Science has proven the use of carbs pwo. Your pwo meal should never not include carbs and loads of calories. Leangains has proven time and time again scientifically and anecdotal evidance as well that your pwo meal should be as huge as you can plan for in your daily caloric requirement. I would never hesitate to reccomend even 50% of someones macros in that single meal due to how amazing your bodys nutrient partioning is for those several hours after. I personally try n cram down 1200-1500 cals pwo. The evidance is there if you care to read Martin berkhams work.

    IMO it's much easier to maintain and plan for proper macros when having less meals, so just plan 3 huge solid meals in and stick to those macros and youwill be well on your way to making it an easy lifestyle that you can maintain.

  4. You bros and girls on here are fantastic....you have made this into a really good thread...excellent advice and debate within the thread...and very helpful to see different insights....and dare i say....nice to see people who are not completely anal about their food.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Scottish08 View Post
    You bros and girls on here are fantastic....you have made this into a really good thread...excellent advice and debate within the thread...and very helpful to see different insights....and dare i say....nice to see people who are not completely anal about their food.
    Something about mixing the words "anal" and "food" doesn't really "sit right" with me!
    --Brian
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    I do not follow strict BB diets anymore. The whole eating clean thing drives me crazy cause i see how stupid it is. BBs want to gain muscle and get six packs so badly, that they feel if they sacrafice stuff like flavor they gotta be making more progress. Read through my latest log about monsterdrol xt. Alot of vets on here were bashing me and my diet, but you can see how I eat and yet am leaner than most year round. I get most of my carbs from huge bowls of cereal, bagels, fruits, bread, sometimes oats, rice and potatoes.
    Protein shakes make up prob 150 grams of my protein, as I only like 2 solid food meals a day.
    I'm not afraid to eat out and get some high fat meals in, i just add a shake before it to make macros look better, and next meal eat low fat to stay right on track to hit my macro numbers. Like i said all of this is with 2 huge solid good meals and several shakes with bagles and fruits or cereal. My post workout meal i usually save about 200-250 carbs for so i do 3-4 big pancakes with syrup and some butter and a huge shake. Give me about 80-100 g of protein and 225 carbs. I also do 3-4 servings cereal pwo sometimes.

    For scientific articles on nutrition and not broscience you will get here visit Martin berkhams site leangains, Lyle mcdonalds site bodyrecomposition, jcds site jcdfitness

    and you will learn all you ever need to know in terms of training diet and how to actually incorperate your lifestyle in it.
    reps bro...

    I started to eat whatever the he'll I want a few weeks ago as long as I don't hfve any carbs during the evening I'm kool with it....
    I make my own shakes and as long I get at least 200)g protein..
    I'm happy...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Scottish08 View Post
    You bros and girls on here are fantastic....you have made this into a really good thread...excellent advice and debate within the thread...and very helpful to see different insights....and dare i say....nice to see people who are not completely anal about their food.
    dude that's nasty...

  8. Rosie, what do you use to measure your bf%?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by sluggy View Post
    Rosie, what do you use to measure your bf%?
    I have an 8-skinfold test done by a qualified ISAK anthropometrist.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    Science has proven the use of carbs pwo. Your pwo meal should never not include carbs and loads of calories. Leangains has proven time and time again scientifically and anecdotal evidance as well that your pwo meal should be as huge as you can plan for in your daily caloric requirement. I would never hesitate to reccomend even 50% of someones macros in that single meal due to how amazing your bodys nutrient partioning is for those several hours after. I personally try n cram down 1200-1500 cals pwo. The evidance is there if you care to read Martin berkhams work.

    IMO it's much easier to maintain and plan for proper macros when having less meals, so just plan 3 huge solid meals in and stick to those macros and youwill be well on your way to making it an easy lifestyle that you can maintain.
    ok but there is absolutely no science proving 200+ grams of carbs post workout being useful. sure 50 or so will successfully replenish glycogen but even science (through studies) found that we dont deplete as much glycogen as some people think. carbs post workout will iniate an insulin response (desired) with a spike in blood sugar (undesired/fat gain). fat and protein rich foods like eggs/steak/fish will actually iniate the same insulin response without any spike in blood sugar. use the anabolic postworkout window, dont abuse it.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    ok but there is absolutely no science proving 200+ grams of carbs post workout being useful. sure 50 or so will successfully replenish glycogen but even science (through studies) found that we dont deplete as much glycogen as some people think. carbs post workout will iniate an insulin response (desired) with a spike in blood sugar (undesired/fat gain). fat and protein rich foods like eggs/steak/fish will actually iniate the same insulin response without any spike in blood sugar. use the anabolic postworkout window, dont abuse it.
    I'm going to definitely have to agree with this. Over the years I've experimented with really low carbs PWO, as in 20-30g, mid level carbs, 50g, and really high level carbs as in 100 plus. Also experimented with all different fast/slow absorbing forms of each dosage. And even with a ridiculously strict diet the rest of the day, I still accumulated fat gain at 100g plus of carbs in PWO window. When I dropped it back down to around the 40-50 range, I felt bar none just as recovered, just as strong in the gym, and also lost quite a bit of bodyfat in the process. I think 200g PWO is really quite unnecessary to accomplish what you need to accomplish in that PWO window.

    Remember, even though your body IS in that PWO window where carbs are going to be shuttled towards your muscles instead of stored as bodyfat, once you have taken enough to successfully replenish your muscles, the rest still DOES have a tendency to be stored as bodyfat. The anabolic window isn't like a license to go all out by any means. Like I said, this is just my opinion and what works for me though.

  12. thank you, it wont let me rep you again. these guys always wonder why they gotta bulk and cut, bulk and cut, where is that fat coming from?? all the big dudes at the gym slam thousands of grams of carbs!!
    BJJ = life

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    If you've ever followed any of my logs you'll know that I am one of the rare people whose nutrition is not as important as training and I train my fcuking arse off to "make up" for any "lack" in nutrition! Yes, I do stay under 10% bodyfat when I am training at over 4,000 calories a day - it's not impossible. Most of it is from carbohydrates, at least 60% of my nutrition is.

    ~Rosie~
    I call total bull**** on this, you are a 108lb female with 8-10% bodyfat, which is competition-conditioning.

    Unless you do hours and hours of cardio or something

  14. lol, I'm not gonna pretend I know any more about her than you do, but with a rep power of 39, I'm not sure I would come at one of the most respected members on this board in quite that fashion brotha...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    I'm going to definitely have to agree with this. Over the years I've experimented with really low carbs PWO, as in 20-30g, mid level carbs, 50g, and really high level carbs as in 100 plus. Also experimented with all different fast/slow absorbing forms of each dosage. And even with a ridiculously strict diet the rest of the day, I still accumulated fat gain at 100g plus of carbs in PWO window. When I dropped it back down to around the 40-50 range, I felt bar none just as recovered, just as strong in the gym, and also lost quite a bit of bodyfat in the process. I think 200g PWO is really quite unnecessary to accomplish what you need to accomplish in that PWO window.

    Remember, even though your body IS in that PWO window where carbs are going to be shuttled towards your muscles instead of stored as bodyfat, once you have taken enough to successfully replenish your muscles, the rest still DOES have a tendency to be stored as bodyfat. The anabolic window isn't like a license to go all out by any means. Like I said, this is just my opinion and what works for me though.
    so you have a problemish hitting your macros. When you had the larger pwo meal you gained weight and loss fat on the smaller one. Clearly you were eating more calories in one situation and less in another. It's not like you had the same total daily caloric intake was the same otherwise your results would have been different.

    The whole you can only process so much carbs in one meal and the rest goes to fat is broscience. When I diet for fat loss I skip breakfast, eat a big lunch usually tuna sandwitches and a big bowl of cereal, pre workout shake, and have a big dinner. So since all my carbs come in two meals I must affect my fat loss... Oh wait it doesn't.

    Besides carbs don't just restore glycogen, they have lots of process one major one pwo is to help stop muscle tissue breakdown. I have seen countless ridiculous transformations from Martin on leansgains website where people do amazing recomps in timeframes where we would all almost wanna doubt is possible, and his guys eat 50% total calories in there pwo meal. Why aren't they getting fat then?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    so you have a problemish hitting your macros. When you had the larger pwo meal you gained weight and loss fat on the smaller one. Clearly you were eating more calories in one situation and less in another. It's not like you had the same total daily caloric intake was the same otherwise your results would have been different.

    The whole you can only process so much carbs in one meal and the rest goes to fat is broscience. When I diet for fat loss I skip breakfast, eat a big lunch usually tuna sandwitches and a big bowl of cereal, pre workout shake, and have a big dinner. So since all my carbs come in two meals I must affect my fat loss... Oh wait it doesn't.

    Besides carbs don't just restore glycogen, they have lots of process one major one pwo is to help stop muscle tissue breakdown. I have seen countless ridiculous transformations from Martin on leansgains website where people do amazing recomps in timeframes where we would all almost wanna doubt is possible, and his guys eat 50% total calories in there pwo meal. Why aren't they getting fat then?

    actually the macro and calorie daily intakes WERE exactly the same. All I did was manipulate it so that more carb macros and calories came PWO, and less spread out throughout all the other meals.

    I think if you spread out your calories a bit more evenly throughout your day, you wouldn't need to gorge yourself PWO.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    so you have a problemish hitting your macros. When you had the larger pwo meal you gained weight and loss fat on the smaller one. Clearly you were eating more calories in one situation and less in another. It's not like you had the same total daily caloric intake was the same otherwise your results would have been different.

    The whole you can only process so much carbs in one meal and the rest goes to fat is broscience. When I diet for fat loss I skip breakfast, eat a big lunch usually tuna sandwitches and a big bowl of cereal, pre workout shake, and have a big dinner. So since all my carbs come in two meals I must affect my fat loss... Oh wait it doesn't.

    Besides carbs don't just restore glycogen, they have lots of process one major one pwo is to help stop muscle tissue breakdown. I have seen countless ridiculous transformations from Martin on leansgains website where people do amazing recomps in timeframes where we would all almost wanna doubt is possible, and his guys eat 50% total calories in there pwo meal. Why aren't they getting fat then?
    dude you, your 2 pack, and your broscience comments dont impress me. you can process as many carbs as you want in one meal, except the extra that you dont need will just be stored as fat. highly glycemic complex carbs spike blood sugar, FACT. you state no actual information about how the body works, just push some retarded fitness website. i wouldnt waste a second of my day to actually look at the crap you keep referring to. actually, reading your posts waste even more of my time.

    not trying to flame but i gave the facts to back up what i said. you can look up how complex carbs affect blood sugar and insulin, etc. you sit there and talk $hit on the paleo diet while you know nothing about it. it has worked very effectively for tons of people including people on this board but you still call it "broscience". internet is a place where we share information, studies, self experiments. i trust the homework that people here did a whole lot more than some "fitness guru" website that you keep advertising. good day.
    BJJ = life

  18. Quote Originally Posted by hungryH View Post
    I call total bull**** on this, you are a 108lb female with 8-10% bodyfat, which is competition-conditioning.

    Unless you do hours and hours of cardio or something
    Believe what you will - what you think means nothing. Those who have lived and live with me know what my nutrition is like - and yes, they didn't believe it until they saw it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    I just wanted to confirm for you all...when it comes to eating food...I would literally put my wife Rosie up against anyone and I can all, but guarantee she would win by a landslide. She might kick my a$$ for saying this, but Rosie doesn't count how many calories she is eating. Rosie actually counts how many minutes she has been eating for and literally turns into an eating machine and devours everything in sight. The only thing I can even battle her on is pizza. I have an endless appetite for pizza, but Rosie could seriously have an 8k meal and act like it wasn't sh*t and even funnier or more frustrating is that she can get away with it.

    Cheers!

    -Sean-

    Primordial Performance
    As far as training, I do 20-30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week, so no, not hours and hours - as I said, I just train very hard and intense, something you obviously know nothing about. Next time you want to be a complete douche, make sure you know what you're talking about!

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Believe what you will - what you think means nothing. Those who have lived and live with me know what my nutrition is like - and yes, they didn't believe it until they saw it either. As far as training, I do 20-30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week, so no, not hours and hours - as I said, I just train very hard and intense, something you obviously know nothing about. Next time you want to be a complete douche, make sure you know what you're talking about!

    ~Rosie~
    Ugh! Rosie, you do not have to respond to haters. For those that fellow your logs, reviews know you are NOT of the norm...


  20. i dont see whats there to not believe, her pic obviously shows an under 10% bf. 4k calories just means she has a faster metabolic rate than others.
    BJJ = life

  21. I eat 7 meals a day. Breakfast, Mid-morn, Lunch, Pre-Workout, Post-Workout, Dinner, Bedtime. Very strict diet. Always feel good and tons of energy.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    I do not follow strict BB diets anymore. The whole eating clean thing drives me crazy cause i see how stupid it is. BBs want to gain muscle and get six packs so badly, that they feel if they sacrafice stuff like flavor they gotta be making more progress. Read through my latest log about monsterdrol xt. Alot of vets on here were bashing me and my diet, but you can see how I eat and yet am leaner than most year round. I get most of my carbs from huge bowls of cereal, bagels, fruits, bread, sometimes oats, rice and potatoes.
    Protein shakes make up prob 150 grams of my protein, as I only like 2 solid food meals a day.
    I'm not afraid to eat out and get some high fat meals in, i just add a shake before it to make macros look better, and next meal eat low fat to stay right on track to hit my macro numbers. Like i said all of this is with 2 huge solid good meals and several shakes with bagles and fruits or cereal. My post workout meal i usually save about 200-250 carbs for so i do 3-4 big pancakes with syrup and some butter and a huge shake. Give me about 80-100 g of protein and 225 carbs. I also do 3-4 servings cereal pwo sometimes.

    For scientific articles on nutrition and not broscience you will get here visit Martin berkhams site leangains, Lyle mcdonalds site bodyrecomposition, jcds site jcdfitness

    and you will learn all you ever need to know in terms of training diet and how to actually incorperate your lifestyle in it.
    i'm the same way and glad to be, I cannot follow the 6 clean meals a day grail, most of the clean stuff to me is blahh tasting no matter what seasonings and stuff added. I like my stuff full and flavorful and have no problem eating out as well and staying in shape, I've been in a bulking phase and look moreso like I've added size and muscle but without that fat look so many get especially in the gut area.

    At the same time that doesn't mean I eat junk everyday, but I'm also not one of the guys that monitors every single little carb or gram in every meal lol

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i dont see whats there to not believe, her pic obviously shows an under 10% bf. 4k calories just means she has a faster metabolic rate than others.
    yeh, but she also takes a fat burner to like alpha t2...

  24. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    yeh, but she also takes a fat burner to like alpha t2...
    i see. yeah i dont know anything about those things
    BJJ = life

  25. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    yeh, but she also takes a fat burner to like alpha t2...

    I'm going to assume that was sarcasm...right? It's tough to tell on a forum sometimes.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What kind of diet should I follow?
    By Broly in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. Is it hard to follow a strict diet in college?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM
  3. How strict is your diet ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
  5. Feel like crap when keeping a strict diet...
    By iwannagetbig in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Log in
Log in