How much sleep are you getting

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I try to get out of bed at about 6.5-7 hours,but my body will not let me unless i have had at least eight hours of sleep. Anybody else like this??

ModernLats

Awards
No lately I get about 3, 4 and at times 9.

I go to sleep late from playing ps3 with the wife then wake up around 3am to go drive an hour and go hiking once a week. Wake up at 4am to go jog 6 miles, hit gym, get breakfast, go home shower then take a nap before work at ten am. Other days I go to bed at 8 and sleep till about 7 or 8 :)

I think it depends on what your motivated to do and accomplish as to how your body will react. There are guys 50 years old out jogging early and faster then I so that's my thought on it. Here is to staying healthy my friend :friday:

Side not my goals and why I wake up early
ten half marathons this year
one full marathon
Triathlon next year
be able to do a hundred dips nonstop and 50 pull ups without kipping or stopping

Maybe make some goals that require you to get out of bed and take action to accomplish.

IronBusta

Awards
I get 6, but it takes me like an hour to fall asleep (f'in anxiety), but when I wake up I usually go back to bed for an hour after I eat breakfast. :D

Your body probably just needs 8 hours of sleep... That's not a bad thing btw. I wish I could sleep for 8 hours straight.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As long as I have 6 I am fine but studies show there are actually short and long sleepers, which is why some people are considered "morning people" and others hate the morning lol.