bowel movements - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

bowel movements

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Careful. Senna is a stimulating laxative and will cause dependence from lazy bowels/decreased natural peristalsis

Good luck to you.

I'm just running it for 7 days to cleanse, then I plan on being done with it.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Careful. Senna is a stimulating laxative and will cause dependence from lazy bowels/decreased natural peristalsis

Good luck to you.
    I agree, there is actually a product called Detox-LGC that I used twice a year. It helps clean out my colon and can help build up on the intestine walls. Normally the quote "you think your sht don't stink" is made fun of. But its true, there should be very little smell to no smell in your BMs. The more bacteria you have the worse it will smell. But, you don't wanna go from I can't crap, to holy crap i need depends. No one likes a Leakey O ring lol

Really Bad Smelling comes from
    An imbalance of intestinal bacteria or eating too much animal protein, which can putrefy in your digestive tract.

While your digestive cells are absorbing sugars, starches, fats, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, waste products continue traveling down the line. In the colon, all the leftovers are combined, packed together, and partially dehydrated. What remains - our feces - consist of water, indigestible fiber, undigested food (such as corn and small seeds), sloughed-off dead cells, living and dead bacteria, intestinal secretions, and bile. (The worn-out red blood cells in bile give excrement its distinctive brown color.)

If all goes as it should, you'll end up with a healthy bowel movement. Although digestive idiosyncrasies, variations in intestinal bacteria, and other variables can produce different standards for a healthy stool, in general it should be brown to light brown; formed but not hard; cylindrical, not flattened; fairly bulky and full-bodied, not compacted; somewhat textured but not too messy; and very easy to pass. And it shouldn't smell - much. You're passing methane and bacterial, degraded foodstuffs, so there's always going to be an odor, but it shouldn't be a very strong, pungent odor.

Frequency
    There's no generally accepted clinical definition for frequent bowel movements. Bowel habits vary widely among healthy people. Population studies indicate that most people have more than three bowel movements a week. Generally speaking, however, normal is what's normal for you.

Frequency of bowel movements also varies for individuals over time. You could have one bowel movement a day for years, and then begin to have two or three for no obvious reason. If your bowel movements increase in frequency but not in any other way — no loose, watery stools and abdominal cramping (diarrhea) or bloody stool — the change is probably not a sign of illness.

I hope this helps. I can site the info if you wish. most this came from my personal nutritionist, and doctor, we had many interesting talks lol.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    So I guess I've always had slow bowel movemens ever since I was a kid. When I was younger it might only happen once a week.

But obviously being a kid I was pretty oblivious to fiber intake, water intake, etc..

But it's just been bugging me lately that those same problems never went away. I eat 25-30g of fiber a day. Pretty much 50/50 between powder and whole food. Drink prolly close to 2 gallons of water a day if not more. Train 1-2 hours in the gym EVERY day 7 days a week, and I still don't get one bowel movement a day. It's usually every 3 days. And when it happens, it literally is like I just gave birth to a baby lizard. Sorry to get so graphic but I mean it's absolutely ridiculous, I've thought about calling up guiness and inquiring about some stats to see if I could qualify.

Is this a sign I am cursed with a slower than normal metabolism for the rest of my life or what? Or doesn't bowel movements really have any correlation with your metabolism?
    well at least you're not like me and hae to go like 4 times a day.....sucks, especially when you go out on a date and need to go.
    •   

4. New Member

Anyone used Chia Seeds for extra fibre?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.

If you drink coffee, Try and use splenda with fiber, like clock work it keeps me regular. It's the only thing i use splenda for, and it's always worked. I try to keep to a natural fiber intake as much as possible so that it don't become chemically dependent, maybe im wrong.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    If you drink coffee, Try and use splenda with fiber, like clock work it keeps me regular. It's the only thing i use splenda for, and it's always worked. I try to keep to a natural fiber intake as much as possible so that it don't become chemically dependent, maybe im wrong.

I think splenda acts somewhat like insoluble fiber. VERY little of splenda is actually digested by your body, the rest is passed through undigested, which is why it has no caloric value.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.

I think splenda acts somewhat like insoluble fiber. VERY little of splenda is actually digested by your body, the rest is passed through undigested, which is why it has no caloric value.
    Yeah, I knew there wasn't a caloric value, but the splenda with added fiber, for some reason when added to my coffee, its like clock work being on the can lol
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    To my enemy: In the realm of eternity I will surely die. I just want you to know before I go I'm taking a lot of your people with me.
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    Yeah, I knew there wasn't a caloric value, but the splenda with added fiber, for some reason when added to my coffee, its like clock work being on the can lol
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So not only does it not have any calories, it actually literally makes you expend calories, LOL. Thats quite the combo
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Splenda could also be like sorbitol, in that it draws water away from the body (reverse osmosis), acting as a diuretic. I have no information that splenda acts in such a way, but it's a possibility.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

polyethylene glycol aka miralax.... people who have to use opiates for chronic pain often get constipation, and it is safe for long term use... it works by drawing more water into the colon
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    try this...

15 mins after each meal you eat, go sit on the toilet. (even if u dont have to poo)

this may help you have more frequent bowel movements
    Just be careful of this because it can cause hemorrhoids and that is something you really don't want to deal with. It could end your bodybuilding career.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

polyethylene glycol aka miralax.... people who have to use opiates for chronic pain often get constipation, and it is safe for long term use... it works by drawing more water into the colon
    I second this. And you clearly drink enough water, so you should be good.
  13. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    I second this. And you clearly drink enough water, so you should be good.

So the active ingredient in miralax is safe for continuous and long term use?
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    So the active ingredient in miralax is safe for continuous and long term use?
    yes, lol i just told you
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    Just be careful of this because it can cause hemorrhoids and that is something you really don't want to deal with. It could end your bodybuilding career.

yea yea, when i say that, i mean just SIT, not push until you dump no matter what... just sit there for a little, and your stomach will get in tune with it...

A DOCTOR RECCOMENDED THIS TO ME = good idea

maybe some extra fish oil will make the poops come
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

dont trust doctors
    BJJ = life
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Try Activia once a day first thing in the morning.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    dont trust doctors

lol @ your comment.... while its true in a sense, some doctors know less than some people on this forum...

some doctors actually care, learned shi* in med school, and they have a degree to show they know what they are talking about.

but to be honest, i think i would put my trust in my doctors hands
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

lol @ your comment.... while its true in a sense, some doctors know less than some people on this forum...

some doctors actually care, learned shi* in med school, and they have a degree to show they know what they are talking about.

but to be honest, i think i would put my trust in my doctors hands
    ok trust some doctors but never trust their pills
    BJJ = life
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  194 lbs.

Try some SuperDump errr I mean SuperPump 250. Just messin with ya, but maybe try some metamucil, you can get two big tubs at sams for a decent price, I have two orange tubs but I never use it much anymore.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

ok trust some doctors but never trust their pills

okay, i think you may have some trust issues lol

dont trust a doctors pills if he doesnt know what hes talking about (always do some research)

never think any advice you get here is 100% correct
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

okay, i think you may have some trust issues lol

dont trust a doctors pills if he doesnt know what hes talking about (always do some research)

never think any advice you get here is 100% correct
    not trust issues, the whole industry is flawed. modern medicine is dollar driven and doctors treat symptoms, not underlying problems. come to a doctor with a cold, he will give u an antibiotic or acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms. come to him with a skin disorder, he will give you a steroid cream to temporarily relieve the symptoms....just so they can return stronger in response to that topical steroid. tell him your child is having trouble in class, he'll prescribe government made cocaine = adderal without even blinking. tell him you are feeling kind of down lately, he'll write you a script for some happy anti-depressants that will make you kill yourself later when you decide to get off. you get a pill, he gets a check from the pharma company and everyone is happy and "healthy".

then the doctor tells you that you need statins to lower your cholesterol. cholesterol is a body's natural defense and antioxidant, it is not the reason you have heart attacks. sure it may look as plaque in your arteries, but thats because its trying to keep them together after you destroyed them by eating vegetable oils and deep fried $hit. ignorant doctor took 1 class on nutrition and thinks that by lowering your natural cholesterol he will save your life. he tells you to eat less cholesterol even though there is ZERO scientific proof that dietary cholesterol affects blood cholesterol. in fact, the liver will just make more if you eat less eggs or whatever.

i came to a doctor once with a wicked sinus infection that i was trying to battle and pinkeye that developed because of it. i came primarily for the pinkeye meds- i wanted to just wait the sinus infection out, done it before without antibiotics. got the drops and she gave me amoxicillin for the sinus. highest dose available. i trusted her and took the pills. sinus infection was gone but so was all the good bacteria in my stomach, the antibiotics were so strong they killed it. this resulted in antibiotic caused colitis, cramps 20 $hits a day for 2 months and a 20 pound weight loss. i called and another doctor picked up:

"hey i think you gave me colitis with the amox"

"yeah probably, it happens all the time"

"soo...."

"you want to come in? we can give you another antibiotic to help colitis"

click

<rant over>
    BJJ = life
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

not trust issues, the whole industry is flawed. modern medicine is dollar driven and doctors treat symptoms, not underlying problems. come to a doctor with a cold, he will give u an antibiotic or acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms. come to him with a skin disorder, he will give you a steroid cream to temporarily relieve the symptoms....just so they can return stronger in response to that topical steroid. tell him your child is having trouble in class, he'll prescribe government made cocaine = adderal without even blinking. tell him you are feeling kind of down lately, he'll write you a script for some happy anti-depressants that will make you kill yourself later when you decide to get off. you get a pill, he gets a check from the pharma company and everyone is happy and "healthy".

then the doctor tells you that you need statins to lower your cholesterol. cholesterol is a body's natural defense and antioxidant, it is not the reason you have heart attacks. sure it may look as plaque in your arteries, but thats because its trying to keep them together after you destroyed them by eating vegetable oils and deep fried $hit. ignorant doctor took 1 class on nutrition and thinks that by lowering your natural cholesterol he will save your life. he tells you to eat less cholesterol even though there is ZERO scientific proof that dietary cholesterol affects blood cholesterol. in fact, the liver will just make more if you eat less eggs or whatever.

i came to a doctor once with a wicked sinus infection that i was trying to battle and pinkeye that developed because of it. i came primarily for the pinkeye meds- i wanted to just wait the sinus infection out, done it before without antibiotics. got the drops and she gave me amoxicillin for the sinus. highest dose available. i trusted her and took the pills. sinus infection was gone but so was all the good bacteria in my stomach, the antibiotics were so strong they killed it. this resulted in antibiotic caused colitis, cramps 20 $hits a day for 2 months and a 20 pound weight loss. i called and another doctor picked up:

"soo...."

click

<rant over>

LMAO i had the same thing happen to me with cipro........ i generally look for the script as a last desperate alternative... except for serms.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

"soo...."

click

<rant over>
    Honestly not all doctors are like that though. Once in a while you can find a good one, or if they know that you are an educated consumer their game plan usually changes.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

im sorry but what anton just said has now re-confirmed the fact that doctors dont know anything..

my psyciatrist told me today that welbutrin is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor

i walked out of the office.... im done
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That's right--because YOUR psychiatrist was wrong, ALL doctors don't know ANYTHING
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. RAW RAW RAW max effort movements only !
    By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 10:21 PM
  2. yellow gold bowel habits
    By bosompincher in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 12:37 AM
  3. Ugh, help me!!! Irritable Bowel Syndrome....
    By Grant in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
  4. outter tri and bi...best movements?
    By rippednKY in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
  5. Aspirin 'prevents bowel cancer'
    By yeahright in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 11:45 PM