Wait, what? lost 2kg in 4 days?!?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
:::sigh:::

:wtf:

A bit long, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.

So after my MDrol cycle, I weighed in at 80kg, and had a diet of 4200-4700 Cal per day while on. My maintenance approximately 2800 prior to the cycle. During my 4 week PCT, I lowered my caloric intake to about 3500 mostly by cutting out the massive amounts of carbs, and some fats while keeping the same amount of protein. My diet during PCT was approximately equal protein and carbs, accounting for 70% of the caloric intake, and mostly good fats making up the rest. I maintained the same training, and noticed that my strength stayed about the same, losing only about 2.5kg on most compound lifts but retaining within 1rep of my on-cycle sets/reps.

So last week, I went on a ski trip. My diet during those 4 days consisted of buffet breakfast of mostly omelets, meats, whole wheat breads, nuts, cheese, yogurt. Lunch consisting of approx 900 Cal, and a buffet dinner cinsiting of mostly meats. I would estimate that I was intaking at least 3000+ Cals with a decent amount of protein. I weighed myself at the end of the ski trip, and tipped the scale at approx. 78.8kg

Now, 4 days and one more ski outing later, I weighed myself again and was surprised to see 76.8 on the scale. WOAH WTF? I started a cut 3 days ago, with caloric intake at an estimated 2500, and today was my 2nd gym day. How could I possibly be in a 3000+ Cal deficit per day which led to this massive difference in weight? I realize that this may be water weight loss, but 2kg worth? that's 4.4lbs...

All my compound lift numbers haven't changed either... so my strength is still there.

What gives? Please help me out here! I'm a bit confused...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:::sigh:::

:wtf:

A bit long, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.

So after my MDrol cycle, I weighed in at 80kg, and had a diet of 4200-4700 Cal per day while on. My maintenance approximately 2800 prior to the cycle. During my 4 week PCT, I lowered my caloric intake to about 3500 mostly by cutting out the massive amounts of carbs, and some fats while keeping the same amount of protein. My diet during PCT was approximately equal protein and carbs, accounting for 70% of the caloric intake, and mostly good fats making up the rest. I maintained the same training, and noticed that my strength stayed about the same, losing only about 2.5kg on most compound lifts but retaining within 1rep of my on-cycle sets/reps.

So last week, I went on a ski trip. My diet during those 4 days consisted of buffet breakfast of mostly omelets, meats, whole wheat breads, nuts, cheese, yogurt. Lunch consisting of approx 900 Cal, and a buffet dinner cinsiting of mostly meats. I would estimate that I was intaking at least 3000+ Cals with a decent amount of protein. I weighed myself at the end of the ski trip, and tipped the scale at approx. 78.8kg

Now, 4 days and one more ski outing later, I weighed myself again and was surprised to see 76.8 on the scale. WOAH WTF? I started a cut 3 days ago, with caloric intake at an estimated 2500, and today was my 2nd gym day. How could I possibly be in a 3000+ Cal deficit per day which led to this massive difference in weight? I realize that this may be water weight loss, but 2kg worth? that's 4.4lbs...

All my compound lift numbers haven't changed either... so my strength is still there.

What gives? Please help me out here! I'm a bit confused...
Don't pay so much attention to "x caloric deficit will cause x pound loss in x days" because that does not take into account other factors that contribute to fat loss (you're not necessarily in a 3,000+ caloric deficit per day). A 2kg loss in four days can definitely happen, and is highly likely if you are going to HALF your caloric intake from~4,500 to 2,500 calories a day - you'd be surprised how much water weight you can have on ~4,500 calories (and a lot of food weight). On the other side of the coin, you COULD be in TOO much of a deficit for even fat loss, so take another look at your nutrition.

~Rosie~

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Don't pay so much attention to "x caloric deficit will cause x pound loss in x days" because that does not take into account other factors that contribute to fat loss (you're not necessarily in a 3,000+ caloric deficit per day). A 2kg loss in four days can definitely happen, and is highly likely if you are going to HALF your caloric intake from~4,500 to 2,500 calories a day - you'd be surprised how much water weight you can have on ~4,500 calories (and a lot of food weight). On the other side of the coin, you COULD be in TOO much of a deficit for even fat loss, so take another look at your nutrition.

~Rosie~
I wasn't really serious about the 3k+ cal deficit... and I was sustaining my weight, more or less, at 3500 during PCT, and only recently (past 4 days) dropped to 2500. Guess I'll bump that back up to 3000.

Thanks for the input Rosie.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
its just water or crap. ive fluctuated more weight than that in 2 days.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't really serious about the 3k+ cal deficit... and I was sustaining my weight, more or less, at 3500 during PCT, and only recently (past 4 days) dropped to 2500. Guess I'll bump that back up to 3000.

Thanks for the input Rosie.
No worries - just making sure you were aware (and that fluctuations in scale weight within a few days is NORMAL - even in a day) :)

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
This makes it quite difficult to judge weight change from a cycle. Info that's needed to properly adjust my next cycle... Weight of crap in bowels is not taken into account, since when bulking, I often visit the restroom at least 3 times a day. So pre-cycle weight would include waste weight, and post PCT weight would not include waste weight... hmmm oh well. As long as I look better in the mirror and my clothes feel tighter. Thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This makes it quite difficult to judge weight change from a cycle. Info that's needed to properly adjust my next cycle... Weight of crap in bowels is not taken into account, since when bulking, I often visit the restroom at least 3 times a day. So pre-cycle weight would include waste weight, and post PCT weight would not include waste weight... hmmm oh well. As long as I look better in the mirror and my clothes feel tighter. Thanks.
Not necessarily - think you're reading too much into it. The best way to measure your progress is to pick a day and take your scale weight every WEEK on that day, first thing, naked, after you've been to the bathroom, before you eat or drink anything. Just do this ONCE A WEEK - any more and you can drive yourself nuts if scale weight is that important to you (even though it should NOT be your focus, but BODY COMPOSITION).

~Rosie~

Boomer3

Awards
Yeah, just water and glycogen man, wouldnt worry bout it too much.