Best way to improve REM SLEEP?

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok first thing first. I have already had sleep test done couple years ago. I even got the machine. Although I was set on using it, I didn't have much success because I kept waking up to pee all night long and would forget to put mask back on. I have been prescribed ambien. lunesta and even Halicon. The Halicon was the only one that even showed any help in the matter. I noticed once asleep I didn't wake up but maybe once before alarm clock would go off. I work long hours 6am-4:30 pm. Doesn't give me much time to do much during the work week. I have tried Melonotin several times. Even Benadryll doesn't knock me out like it does some. I wanted to know of any other methods or supplemetns that could or have help others increase their sleep especially the rem sleep. I get maybe 4 1/2 hours a night during work week. To cutt out any assumptions no i do not drink anything caffiene related except early in the day no later then 4 pm and I usually drink water during supper. My biggest problem is my mind races like it never wants to stop and I need something that will literally relax my body and mind.

catty66

catty66

Awards
HGH Up by AP. 5 pills right before I go to bed. In 15 to 20 minutes I have this relaxed feeling come over me and I am out. It puts me in that deep REM sleep, that I used to have when I was a kid. It makes me have crazy dreams, also. But I don't know, man. You say even Benadryl doesn't work. It might be a joke that I am even suggesting this to you.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best thing I ever tried was somnidren, that stuff is magical

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I have heard of HGH and Som, I thought about trying them. I actually was going to stack HGHpro with my log stack but decided to hold off til next stack. I will give them a shot. I'm about as desperate as one could get, since sleep is such an important role in muscle recover and natural energy.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Ok first thing first. I have already had sleep test done couple years ago. I even got the machine. Although I was set on using it, I didn't have much success because I kept waking up to pee all night long and would forget to put mask back on. I have been prescribed ambien. lunesta and even Halicon. The Halicon was the only one that even showed any help in the matter. I noticed once asleep I didn't wake up but maybe once before alarm clock would go off. I work long hours 6am-4:30 pm. Doesn't give me much time to do much during the work week. I have tried Melonotin several times. Even Benadryll doesn't knock me out like it does some. I wanted to know of any other methods or supplemetns that could or have help others increase their sleep especially the rem sleep. I get maybe 4 1/2 hours a night during work week. To cutt out any assumptions no i do not drink anything caffiene related except early in the day no later then 4 pm and I usually drink water during supper. My biggest problem is my mind races like it never wants to stop and I need something that will literally relax my body and mind.
Fusion Bodybuilding 'Sleeping Giant' or Need2s 'Need 2 Sleep' both knock me out for at least 8 solid hours. And I'm normally a very light sleeper. Not sure anything otc will compete favorably with prescription meds, though. Good Luck, bud.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplements and pharmaceuticals aren't the be all and end all for your problem. Actually, I'd probably advise against relying on them to treat your problem lest you become dependant on meds for life, even if it's just a psychological dependence. I'd suggest looking into ways to relax your body before bed; deep breathing, yoga or tai chi are among countless examples. Avoid watching TV or using the computer close to bed.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What company did you say those were from?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ihave the same problem....i can be dead tired but then i get in bed and my mind ust starts racing and i cant fall asleep......once i do fall asleep i always get up to pee (at least 2 tiems a night) even if i pee right before bed

JGant

Awards
Hey it hasn't been said yet but Im sure someone on this forum is going to say "Dude just smoke some weed". As they usually do just like "Hey smoke you'll eat more when bulking!" But DONT THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, has been shown to decrease the latency of stages 3 and 4 of sleep, as well as decrease the latency or, oftentimes, altogther eliminate the REM phase of sleep. Laboratory research has been very consistent on this particular adverse relationship since the 1970's, and has been replicated with rats, rabbits, cats, rhesus monkeys, and human beings (mostly college students). The implications for this finding are far-reaching. REM sleep is vital. It is the one point during the night in which your body's muscles and tissues are most at rest. Because of this, the bulk of your tissue & cell repair is done during this phase. It is the immune system's most effective time to work. REM is also vital for the consolidation of short-term memory into long-term memory (remember that chronic marijuana users do not perform as well on task associated with short-term memory as non-users or occasional recreational users). REM is also when the bulk of your dreams happen, and dreams are most vivid durinig this phase (remember the memory consolidation).

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know man it's annoying as heck. I am researching to see if I may have enlarged prostate. I see a urologist every three months already for TRT but he never sees anything wrong. So I am thinking it's this or bladder problem.

JGant

Awards
PS have you tried just some simple breathing excercises? Or I could always let you borrow my 19 mos old son for a day...That will definately knock ya out!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I bet, but that's just it man I promise I am not making this up. Ever since I was little I could stay up late and get little sleep. Once I get up for school or work now since I am older lol, I could get going. However over the years my body still feels the effects of sleep dep and I know the more sleep the better I can workout to lose weight and become more healthier. However I still have two kids and workout work ten hour shifts. Even when I am not taking any stims what so ever, and I don't drink coffee or sodas, I still can't just fall asleep. I have never been desperate on anything but trying to sleep lol.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am bro thanks. I have been taking androgel pumps daily since seeing urologist for low t levels. The levels were just under but now they are with in range. I will say this I have not felt a change for the better in my over all health since doing it and I have been on it for over a year. So I am thinking of telling the doctor to give me the shots.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i too have low T....been seein an endocrinologist about it and may be going on TRT only problem is..... im only 21 :-( so i dunno what it is, part of me wants to say overtraining but at hte same time......i dont feel horrible, ya knwo what im sayin, and my FSH levels are real low which makes my T almost nonexsistent

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I do. I actually found out while doing a weight loss clinic. Doctor said my levels were below range. He said mine was due to pituary gland and nothing down south lol however I don't think the androgel really does much, I just want to be healthy and want the best for my body!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its good stuff. My only issue with it is it contains phenibut (only 100-250 mgs per serving) still though phenibut is best used once a week as tolerance builds fast on it.

Yeah I have heard of HGH and Som, I thought about trying them. I actually was going to stack HGHpro with my log stack but decided to hold off til next stack. I will give them a shot. I'm about as desperate as one could get, since sleep is such an important role in muscle recover and natural energy.
Hghpro works very nicely for a trance like sleep I never experienced the feeling from any other sleep product. The most important point is hghpro helps raise growth hormone and helps put a person into a deeper state of sleep.

Supplements and pharmaceuticals aren't the be all and end all for your problem. Actually, I'd probably advise against relying on them to treat your problem lest you become dependant on meds for life, even if it's just a psychological dependence. I'd suggest looking into ways to relax your body before bed; deep breathing, yoga or tai chi are among countless examples. Avoid watching TV or using the computer close to bed.
I agree with you Steve. I use hghpro for mainly increased hormone and better sleep, it just enhances sleep and growth hormone levels. who doesnt want better sleep and increased growth hormone levels? I cycle off it as well and sleep fine without it. I use phenibut maybe once per week

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea my problem is with my pituitary gland as well i guess....its jsut not producing FSH which tells ur balls to make T...........but i dunno what to do lol id otn want to go on TRT at 21

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah and I thought about using HGHpro with my stack!!! Should have bought it lol but will soon. Thanks

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
what effect does watching tv and being on the comp close to bed have on sleep? I just hear it all the time and don't know what the reasoning is.

Sorry not trying to thread jack here OP

JorDrol

Awards
melatonin works great and even if you dont get a full nights rest you dont feel all groggy. gaba is pretty good too, they both naturally boost your gH levels which is always a plus

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried phenibut? really calms the mind.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TV can keep the mind from entering states of relaxation (inhibits the winding down process) and can agitate the CNS as well as circadium rythms and any form of light (TV's, laptops, cell phones, and even an alarm clock's LED light for the very sensitive) can impede the body's perception of timing/preparation for sleep.

what effect does watching tv and being on the comp close to bed have on sleep? I just hear it all the time and don't know what the reasoning is.

Sorry not trying to thread jack here OP

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
google Dr Jeffrey Thompson and gets some of his sleep Cds. I have been using them and they have over like 15-20 years of research into sound frequencies that have been proven to alter states of conciousness.

They are different states for different cd's. This is one fo the reasons I feel I look 5 years younger because I have been using them like 7 years now and sleep is fantastic

O and im here to promote AI Sports Nutrition so I recommend HGhPro =)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
google Dr Jeffrey Thompson and gets some of his sleep Cds. I have been using them and they have over like 15-20 years of research into sound frequencies that have been proven to alter states of conciousness.

They are different states for different cd's. This is one fo the reasons I feel I look 5 years younger because I have been using them like 7 years now and sleep is fantastic

O and im here to promote AI Sports Nutrition so I recommend HGhPro =)
wow I have seen infomercial type products like this before and always ignored it as crap. If you say they work for you then I might go ahead and give those ones a try. So you been using them for 7 years? They dont build any kind of tolerance? Like dont you get used to the sounds and they loose effect?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OMG I just googled him and he has 62 F'N albums!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[

wow I have seen infomercial type products like this before and always ignored it as crap. If you say they work for you then I might go ahead and give those ones a try. So you been using them for 7 years? They dont build any kind of tolerance? Like dont you get used to the sounds and they loose effect?
No tolerance. If you can hear them they have been proven to put your mind into different brainwave states. There are four different states alpha, theta, ..

delta is the one you want for sleep. I use theta for when i visualize my goals and alpha for relaxation

OMG I just googled him and he has 62 F'N albums!
he comes out with new ones all the time you can find some really inexpensive ones for like 1-2 $ on amazon

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very cool. So which ones do I want if I just want to pass out and get a great 8 hours of sleep?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great I will check amazon out and might get a couple! I am starting some relaxation techniques. Right now I have been doing Epsom salt baths with lavender and chamomile oils. I am gonna try a couple different songs to see which is best for relaxation, unless you can recommend one. Thanks for the info though john

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Read a book. Forget the drugs. Get a book you like and read till you pass out. It will focus your mind instead of letting it race back and forth. Take some ZMA and get a book. Don't read the computer either.

Massiah

Awards
I second the somnidren

The new somnidren is great! Even with heavy stims at 5pm I can take two scoops and be out like a light at 1030. The only drawback is that the taste leaves a little to be desired and it makes your mouth smell like Sh!t. I feel a "weighed down" affect, it doesn't really put you down like a tranquilizer dart but once asleep you do NOT get back up. I wake up refreshed and not groggy like with nyquil, benadryl etc.

Also on a serious note...try rubbing one out before bed, I do every night.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very cool. So which ones do I want if I just want to pass out and get a great 8 hours of sleep?
the ones for sleep,aka delta sleep

Read a book. Forget the drugs. Get a book you like and read till you pass out. It will focus your mind instead of letting it race back and forth. Take some ZMA and get a book. Don't read the computer either.
Reading a book helps me as well. I like reading motivational books to great my mind positive

Also on a serious note...try rubbing one out before bed, I do every night.
This helps relax me before bed, if not I seem to feel wound up.

There is so many things you can do to get great sleep and when you use many of them they all have their place.