Benefits of Fish Oil

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey everyone. I was going over some things and noticed Alot of people Supplement with fish oil. Got me thinking why you wouldnt want to. Here is a quick list of benefits.

1. Less Pain and Inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response. Through several mechanisms, they regulate your body's inflammation cycle, which prevents and relieves painful conditions like arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis and anything else ending in "itis."

2. Cardiovascular Health. Omega 3 fatty acids have also been proven to work wonders for your heart and the miles and miles of arteries and veins that make up your cardiovascular system. They help to lower cholesterol, tryglicerides, LDLs and blood pressure, while at the same time increasing good HDL cholesterol. This adds years to your life expectancy.

3. Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack. When plaque builds up on arterial walls and then breaks loose, it causes what's known as a thrombosis, which is a fancy way of saying clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it causes a stroke and when it plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Research shows omega 3 fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage.

4. Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence. Pregnant and nursing mothers can have a great impact on the intelligence and happiness of their babies by supplementing with fish oil. For adults, omega 3 improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. You'll swear you're getting younger and smarter.

5. Less Depression and Psychosis. Making you smarter is not all omega 3 does for your brain. Psychiatry department researchers at the University of Sheffield, along with many other research studies, found that omega 3 fish oil supplements "alleviate" the symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis (Journal of Affective Disorder Vol. 48(2-3);149-55).

6. Lower Incidence of Childhood Disorders. Just to show how fish oil fatty acids leave nobody out, studies show that children (and adults) with ADD and ADHD experience a greatly improved quality of life. And those with dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders have gotten a new lease on life thanks to omega 3 oils.

7. Reduction of Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancer. And finally, omega 3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer - breast, colon and prostate. Science tells us that omega 3s accomplish this in three ways. They stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.

What Im curious about, is that for the people supplementing with fish oil, Do you FEEL the benefits. Or just use them Because they are "supposed" to help?

Me personally, I first starting using them when someone suggested I use them for an achey knee I had from time to time. Which I guess was the help from inflammation. I didnt notice much at first but after about 3 weeks to a month I noticed my knee rarely bothered me. Now It is a daily staple. I take 3 grams in the morning and 3 grams at night.

ntornado

Awards
I don't really feel the difference personally but have been taking them for 3 or so years now and will continue for the rest of my life.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i feel a slight test boost when i take like 15+ grams a day. joints feel smoother, no clicking or cracking. skin usually feels better.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What Im curious about, is that for the people supplementing with fish oil, Do you FEEL the benefits. Or just use them Because they are "supposed" to help?

Me personally, I first starting using them when someone suggested I use them for an achey knee I had from time to time. Which I guess was the help from inflammation. I didnt notice much at first but after about 3 weeks to a month I noticed my knee rarely bothered me. Now It is a daily staple. I take 3 grams in the morning and 3 grams at night.
Challenge a statment like "I feel a slight test boost..." :)

Many of the benefits listed in your post are the result of studys done on EPA/DHA in particular. It is not simply the amount of F/O but rathere the amount of EPA/DHA. It is suggested about 2-3g of EPA/DHA.

An inexpensive commercial generic grade of F/O rates about 30% EPA/DHA. At that rate you want to take 7-9g total F/O.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established

Many of the benefits listed in your post are the result of studys done on EPA/DHA in particular. It is not simply the amount of F/O but rathere the amount of EPA/DHA. It is suggested about 2-3g of EPA/DHA.

An inexpensive commercial generic grade of F/O rates about 30% EPA/DHA. At that rate you want to take 7-9g total F/O.
hey i know my body well and when i change things in my diet i notice a change in how i feel.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey i know my body well and when i change things in my diet i notice a change in how i feel.
I didn't say you didn't feel a change but you have nothing to support the assertion that you experience a "slight test boost". I've seen and read speculation but not any studies. Provide us some data and references to support your opinion. I 'd be interested in reading them.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I didn't say you didn't feel a change but you have nothing to support the assertion that you experience a "slight test boost". I've seen and read speculation but not any studies. Provide us some data and references to support your opinion. I 'd be interested in reading them.
oh please the OP asked do we FEEL the benefits, not if we can RESEARCH studies and post them in here. you also have nothing to support the assertion that i didnt. he asked a question and i provided my answer, granted the answer is not scientifically supported but when i take 15+ grams a day i can FEEL my boners being more random and i FEEL more hungry..which (forgive my speculation) led me to believe that maybe some way somehow there was a slight elevation in my free test levels.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Relax pal. I asked you, not the OP, to support your assertion.

Fish oil increases nitric oxide which can improve and increase erections. Fish oil improves insulin resistance which can account for food consumption issues.

Opinions are great and all. Don't be affraid to go beyond your feelings and get an education while you're at it.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SWEET!!! This is the stuff I wanted to hear. Different opinions!

I also wanted more info on fish oil. I am not a human encyclopedia..LOL.
I didnt realize it increased nitric oxide..BONUS!!!

And as far as me saying..FEEL IT!!! I meant like a poster mentioned..smoother joints and what not.

KEEP IT COMING GUYS!!!

P.S. No fighting kids...:b

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bumpage!!!
I started working out at the age of 15 never really took fishoil much at all until i was about 17, i started to battle anxiety and slight depression which i think ( not sure obviously ) but beleive was from chemicals in my brain figuring themselves out, i noticed when i didnt take fishoil i felt downer then usual, but when i did take it, i didnt notice the depression or anxiety much at all. Its obviously a staple for me now, but just some food for thought!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember seeing a psychiatrist. She had me on saraquil. I told Her I was taking fish oil, and she asked why. I told her my reasons. She then went on and told me that it helped with depression and "bipolar" like symptoms. Blew my mind. She suggested I take at least 6 grams a day.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fish oil is used to help with depression, anxiety, ADHD and a slew of other psychological conditions.

Google: "fish oil psychiatric benefits"

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
You took care of the nitty gritty details lol

But from my standpoint, once I got over 250 on the bench I hit a plateau because of my elbows and previously torn shoulder.
I started taking fish oil twice a day and 6 months later I am pushing up 315x4 and feel great. I have a little click in my elbow and I have to stretch my shoulder but that never would have been possible without fishoil

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil just lubes the joints imo. I mean I know it does a bunch of other stuff, omega fatty acids are definitely great, but the joint help is what I take it for. Charles Poliquin recommends to mega dose fish oil 20+ G per day. I always forget to take that much but I buy NP bulk fish oil by the kilo so I try and take about 5G per meal, just forget a lot. I get lots of conola oil in Animal Flex which is the best joint supp Ive found so far. I also take Cissus in every protein shake, maybe 2 or 3G. Fish oil is definitely good though.

Check this out: Im drunk so "I can't find Charles original article but this is close:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/bodybuilding-supplements/charles-poliquin-best-supplement-577960.html

anetad

Awards
I know that there are many omega 3 rich supplements available, but those combining omega 3 and glucosamine seem to give good results. I've been taking OmegaFlex and would recommend it to anyone.

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
Fish oil benefits are very high. The list only scratches the surface.

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
Come on homey list some more!!!!
Age-related macular degeneration - better sight
Prolonging the life of cells is not the only anti-aging benefit of fish oil. Fish oil has also been shown to significantly reduce the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration.

Fish oil benefits to pregnant women and the unborn children
Fish oil has also been shown to be beneficial to pregnant women and the unborn child. It is recommended that a pregnant woman have 900 mg of fish oil per day, which is equivalent to a serving of salmon per day. The benefits to the unborn child are numerous and include: healthier brain with increased intelligence; good nervous system development; better eyesight from retina formation; fewer behavioral problems after birth; and better sleeping patterns as a new born

Fish oil and depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia
By maintain the proper functioning of dopamine and serotonin signaling systems in the brain

Benefite the skin
Wounds heal quickly. With an ample supply of omega-3 fatty acids, abrasions and other superficial wounds to the skin heal quickly as the cells regenerate fast enough to produce new cells to cover the old ones. The skin does not produce much sebum or oils that cause acne and other problems. EPA also helps to limit the amount of skin oil that the body produces. This prevents acne which erupts only when dust and dirt get caught in skin pores due to excessive oil in the skin. There are lesser incidences of inflammatory skin diseases. Last but not the least, EPA helps to reduce the incidence of skin diseases such as psoriasis by inhibiting the production of the hormone arachidonic acid.

Promotes fat metabolism
Promotes Optimal Fat MetabolismAccording to the National Institutes of Health, omega-3s trigger “I’m full” signals to the brain and help quash hunger signals. Research has also shown that fish oil improves the efficacy of exercise in reducing weight. Volunteers who were given fish oil diet showed greater weight loss as compared to those who did not consume fish oil diet. Exercise combined with fish oil had a positive effect on the body shape and body composition of the patients

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW!!!
"Fish oil benefits to pregnant women and the unborn children
Fish oil has also been shown to be beneficial to pregnant women and the unborn child. It is recommended that a pregnant woman have 900 mg of fish oil per day, which is equivalent to a serving of salmon per day. The benefits to the unborn child are numerous and include: a healthier brain with increased intelligence; good nervous system development; better eyesight from retina formation; fewer behavioral problems after birth; and better sleeping patterns as a new born"

This right here is VERY interesting.... Looking to have a kid in a couple years and this is good stuff!!!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

You mean you don't have a slight test boost from fish oil? :D

In all serious I have seen the benefit of EPA/DHA with Compulsive disorders, as well as seasonal depression. It also shows benefit in allowing a smaller dose of depression medications and mood stabilizers. I have some of my own speculative theories as well.

v4nce

Awards
same here on the couple years.. and the smarter of a brain my kid has the easier my parenting life will be lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
same here on the couple years.. and the smarter of a brain my kid has the easier my parenting life will be lol
I have news for you. The smarter your kid the harder your job is when they have the ability to practice reason and logic and display rational thought and behavior. They are very quick to challenge you and expose your lack there of...sorry for the disappointment.

My kid is very gifted and challenges me all of the time. I am blessed and grateful for the challenge.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some great information here. What's the best way to does fish oil for improved athletic performance? Or perhaps I'm asking the wrong question, but along those lines, how do you guys dose fish oil? I take 1-2 grams with each meal @ 5-6 meals a day.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, like with anything else macronutrient wise, I try to consume my protein and fat together and my protein and carbs together. I do my best to avoid fats and carbs simultaniously, with the exception of vegetables.

I usually consume 4-5g with three protein rich meals.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yupppp on 10g a day all my joint pain and arthritis was gone evey morning niw I just take one tsp of cod liver

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil is used to help with depression, anxiety, ADHD and a slew of other psychological conditions.

Google: "fish oil psychiatric benefits"
I'm taking a high amount of fish oil/omega right now, I would say as much as an animal omega pack, and classes start tomorrow :( I'll see if I can pay better attention or not. I've also injured both my knees and my left ankle and I'm staking the fish oil with animal flex. I'll also see how fast I can recover from this. I truly do hope it helps with my ADHD cause the medications are ****ing insane and I've stopped taking them. They all made me depressed and killed my appetite.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck Luelinks. Fish oil is a staple for sure. Hope it becomes one for you

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Luelinks. Fish oil is a staple for sure. Hope it becomes one for you

Thanks bud and with the price I've found them...YES SIR! These are 3,6,9 omega but I'm also about to order 1000caps of 1000mg fish oil so I could get a little more omega 3 in :D

jin

jin

Awards
  • Established
WOW!!!
"Fish oil benefits to pregnant women and the unborn children
Fish oil has also been shown to be beneficial to pregnant women and the unborn child. It is recommended that a pregnant woman have 900 mg of fish oil per day, which is equivalent to a serving of salmon per day. The benefits to the unborn child are numerous and include: a healthier brain with increased intelligence; good nervous system development; better eyesight from retina formation; fewer behavioral problems after birth; and better sleeping patterns as a new born"

This right here is VERY interesting.... Looking to have a kid in a couple years and this is good stuff!!!
yeah, it turns out that kids whose moms eat a diet high in dha end up with higher iq's too...
guess it encouraged neural development in gestation, so the theory goes.
but it could just be that people who eat right, take fish oil supplements, or whatever, are smarter than those who don't in the first place...

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
My girlfriend's father takes fish oil as protection from diabetes-his doctor told him to do so. So far, so good.

laurahill

Awards
I think this is a very good information.
My doctor also prescribed me fish oil supplements.fish oil contain very important vitamins like omega 3 fatty acid.fish oil improve the immune system and brain functioning.fish oil improve the joint movement.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think this is a very good information.
My doctor also prescribed me fish oil supplements.fish oil contain very important vitamins like omega 3 fatty acid.fish oil improve the immune system and brain functioning.fish oil improve the joint movement.
Laurahill! Welcome to anabolic minds

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of good information in this thread. I'm considering switching to krill oil myself, for some added benefits. Anybody have any thoughts on it? RLS just released some TS-Krill a bit ago and I am thinking about picking some up when my fish oil runs out

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of good info. I personally use the EFA Lean Gold with Tonalin CLA in it. So far I have had no issues. I Run 6 Caps a day

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] EFALean GOLD™[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Essential Fatty Acid Blend[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial][SIZE=+1]Nutrition Facts[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Serving Size: 3 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 60[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Amount
Per Serving[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] % Daily
Value*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Total Calories[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]30 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Calories From Fat[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]30 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Total Fat[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]3.4 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]5% [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Saturated Fat[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2].4 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]2% [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Cholesterol[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]0 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]0% [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Total Carbohydrate[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]0 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]0% [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Dietary Fiber[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]0 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]0% [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Polyunsaturated Fat[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]2030 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Omega-3 Fatty Acids [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]925 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Omega-6 Fatty Acids[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]715 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]390 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Monounsaturated Fat[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]550 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Omega-9 Fatty Acids[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]550 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]EFA Lean™ Proprietary Blend[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]3657 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]† [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Flax Seed Oil[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Sesame Seed Oil[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Sunflower Oil [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Borage Oil [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Sunflower Oil [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pharmaceutical Gelatin, Glycerin USP, Purified Water.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
† Daily Values not established.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions: Take 3 EFA Lean® Gold Softgel Capsules with any meal. (Do not exceed 6 capsules per day.)[/FONT]

JayJo

Banned
Awards
A lot of good information in this thread. I'm considering switching to krill oil myself, for some added benefits. Anybody have any thoughts on it? RLS just released some TS-Krill a bit ago and I am thinking about picking some up when my fish oil runs out
Already bought a bottle of Krill-TS. Looks like a good quality product and krill oil has so much benefits over fish oil...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Already bought a bottle of Krill-TS. Looks like a good quality product and krill oil has so much benefits over fish oil...
It really is good stuff, and lots of studies and info backing it up :)

BabyCAP

BabyCAP

Awards
As a previous poster noted - Fish oil supplements contain a variety of fats but only the Omega 3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA, are proven to enhance the quality of life and prevent premature death. The human body cannot produce its own Omega 3 fatty acids. Therefore, we must obtain these key components from diet or supplements. When choosing a fish oil supplement a key consideration for consumers is the amount of DHA and EPA per serving. When choosing a fish oil supplement make sure you know the amount of DHA and EPA you are getting per serving.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking fish oil for a few years now. I mainly take it for joint comfort. I take about 7 grams a day and feel great, but if I miss a few days in a row i can tell in my shoulders and elbows.