Diet Help! Anything would be much appreciated - AnabolicMinds.com

Diet Help! Anything would be much appreciated

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  280 lbs.

Diet Help! Anything would be much appreciated

I'm looking to take my training to the next level, and I know that my diet is pretty ****ty. I am in college and eating right is hard to do, but I am looking for help as for what I should do when I eat. I know I should eat about 4-6 times a day, and that I need to calculate my basil metabolism, in order to see the amount of calories I need. My dad back in the day was big into lifting and told me to cycle 3 days on diet, and 1 day off, where you eat whatever you want to stop your body from going into reserve mode. I do not know **** about dieting for lifting, so any help, websites, any help would be much appreicated.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

do you have a kitchen or you are limited to eating in the cafeteria?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  280 lbs.

cafeteria, so It cant be too strict, but I can try and get like a peice of beef or chicken and whatnot for protein. There is really no clean carbs there, but there is a sub station. Im just looking for a diet to help tone up and cut down all while building muslce.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Heres a easy way to diet for me atleast. Cut carbs. Just dont eat any types of breads or anything, and dont eat past 6:00 at night. This is wat I do and I like it.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

yea tell us everything they have in this cafeteria and we'll be able to tell you whats good and whats bad. also you have a microwave and a little fridge, correct?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  280 lbs.

Yeah I have a microwave and fridge, but I'm a poor as college kid whos low on money, so i cant really buy a bunch of ****. But basically in my cafeteria there is a salad bar thats open at lunch and dinner, a sub station thats open lunch and dinner. In the morning they have a make your own omlette station, some nasty egg product eggs, hashbrowns or potatoes, bacon or sausage, and a continental breakfast with fruit waffles cereal and bagels and toast. Dinners are random and have all sorts of meat, with vegetables and carbs. Most of it I will say is very greasy. The vegetables are rarely grilled, and they have things like collard greens with tons of butter. So their not exactly healthy. Thats about it, besides the buger/chicken patty station where everything is fried. Hopefully I can get some help.
    Also I am 20 years old about 280 lbs, around 6 ft 1 altheltic build, have a gut and such, but I dont look like like your average 280, I'm more muscular, if that would help with calorie count and stuff.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

ok. what does the salad bar have? like spinach, hard boiled eggs, cut up chicken, etc?

subs are out of the question we need to get your weight down so no bread (no bagels either). make your own omlette is good, you can load up on eggs there. bacon and sausage are ok, just dont go overboard. a good breakfast there could be like: big omlette with some bacon and fruit.

do you have any money at all? like for cans of tuna? they are very cheap and a good source of protein when you are in your room. you can also buy some very cheap whey protein from walmart and that will be very helpful.

so what do u mean by greasy dinners? deep fried? butter is good, just not vegetable oil.
    how do they cook the vegetables?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  280 lbs.

Yeah, they have sliced chicken sometimes but I think cut up eggs most of the time. It does have spinach and a lettuce medley.

Also thanks for being so helpful guys, thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac71 View Post
    Yeah, they have sliced chicken sometimes but I think cut up eggs most of the time. It does have spinach and a lettuce medley.

Also thanks for being so helpful guys, thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.
    so there. now you know foods to load up on. eggs, chicken, any meat, vegetables, fruit, spinach etc anything natural not dipped in grease. see how well you can stick to this and we'll move forward from there.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any help is really appreciated
    By wahlay in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
  2. Feedback on cutting diet/plan appreciated!
    By xBlingBlingx in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 04:58 AM
  4. Your help is appreciated
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 11:29 AM
  5. My X-Factor diet...help from rep appreciated!
    By ahs4n in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:35 PM