- 01-02-2011, 01:43 PM
- 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
First post, long time lurker,... Anyway, my wife is Japanese and she's heard of those before but never tried them. Not sure if they would pass a smell test for us long-nosed round-eyes... lol
There's quite a bit of Japanese cooking that's an 'acquired' taste. Like black yam noodle, natto, etc...
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I can't find them in the grocery store but if I could I'd give em a try.
Back.... for real this time
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
How about bean thread noodles? They have no taste on their own. Are available pretty much everywhere. They're basically just carbs with low calories (zero protein though). Japanese girls like those as low calorie foods. You now, for those awful times when they get close to 100lbs... lol
Just stay clear of the ones made in China. Some were contaminated with heavy metals in the past. Why take that chance?
Did you try a asian grocery store?
Btw, thanks for the reps.
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I've had them several times. They are not bad really...kinda remind me of undercooked ramen style noodles. Do rinse them well though, they have kind of a slight fishy smell to them. I found them at my local oriental store for a buck something a bag...which was about a serving to me. They are sold wet in a fluid of some sort, hence the rinsing. I just tossed them in boiling water for a few seconds to warm them up, and covered them in tomato and meat sauce. When you are on restricted carbs, they do work to curb that noodle craving.
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By vadox6466 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 08-25-2010, 12:51 PM
- By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
- By Hurleyboy05 in forum RecipesReplies: 14Last Post: 11-19-2008, 05:19 AM
- By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 46Last Post: 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM
- By taellian in forum BulkingReplies: 6Last Post: 10-24-2005, 12:36 AM