Better to eat lots in one day or spread out over time?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.69%

Better to eat lots in one day or spread out over time?

A bit of a Christmas themed question here but, is it better to go miles over you maintenance calorific intake for one or two days, then return back to normal. Or would it be better to go over your maintanence by a bit for a longer time?

The reason iask is that, being christmas, i have alot of chocolates and other carbs to eat, including gifts etc. So would i see any difference between stuffing it all down in a couple of days and 'getting rid' of it, rather than just continually eating them at a slower rate over a week or so.

Is there any biological difference to how it would be used by the body? If i ate loads would some of it sort of pass straight through?

It seems like a daft question as i type it but i'm currently doing a good job of losing some excess weight at the moment and my stomach was just starting to get nice and flat. A family chrismtas is an inevitable eating and drinking event but if i can minimise it's effects, without seeming like a Scrooge, all the better.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    A bit of a Christmas themed question here but, is it better to go miles over you maintenance calorific intake for one or two days, then return back to normal. Or would it be better to go over your maintanence by a bit for a longer time?

The reason iask is that, being christmas, i have alot of chocolates and other carbs to eat, including gifts etc. So would i see any difference between stuffing it all down in a couple of days and 'getting rid' of it, rather than just continually eating them at a slower rate over a week or so.

Is there any biological difference to how it would be used by the body? If i ate loads would some of it sort of pass straight through?

It seems like a daft question as i type it but i'm currently doing a good job of losing some excess weight at the moment and my stomach was just starting to get nice and flat. A family chrismtas is an inevitable eating and drinking event but if i can minimise it's effects, without seeming like a Scrooge, all the better.
    Having 1-2 days of overeating is not going to hurt your progress - if you're training, then even better. However, spreading it out over a longer period could start becoming detrimental - depending on your goals, of course. In the end, it's really up to you, how you feel, and how quickly you can minimize or turn-back any damage you may have done towards your goals.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.23%

I vote for endulging during the holiday.. then again I do not have the abs that Rosie does haha.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Epi Spread
    By Liquid13 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
  2. Spread out Epi dosing on time awake or 24 hrs
    By jamze7417 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
  3. should it be spread?
    By futuremrO in forum Anabolics