Solid oats in my post work drink, ok?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
So I started taking real mass by gaspari but it has low amount of carbs so I added half cup of oats and took it 15min after workout. Is this ok? I always heared solid foods right after.gym is a bad idea?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I started taking real mass by gaspari but it has low amount of carbs so I added half cup of oats and took it 15min after workout. Is this ok? I always heared solid foods right after.gym is a bad idea?
You can use solid foods after the gym without problems - adding the oats to your shake is fine. Some people may recommend against eating solid foods after training, because it can be hard for some individuals to eat after intense exercise, but there is nothing wrong with consuming food post-training.

~Rosie~

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use them all the time, every time with no problem. If the volume or mass of oats is a problem use a coffee grinder to grind them up prior to scooping into your shake.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Hahahhahhaha I knew rosie would b first to answesr thanks!!! I hope u get the mod position. Thanks both of you

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahahhahhaha I knew rosie would b first to answesr thanks!!! I hope u get the mod position. Thanks both of you
No worries. Have a safe and blessed Christmas, bud :)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm all for solid foods PWO, personally I've experimented at length with both oats and rice, and for SURE prefer rice PWO. Faster acting, still filling, less fiber and fat as well. Oats are great for low GI carbs during the day when you are cutting, but for PWO, even a half cup adds 3.5g of fat, which obviously slows absorption, and 4g of fiber, so 4 of the 27g of carbs are fiber, so you are really only getting 23 ish g of carbs from it PWO. quarter cup of rice is only about 10 more cals than a half cup of oats, and I'd rather have my cals come from carbs that are going to be immediately used rather than fat.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I just have a protein shake, then 30 mins later have a solid meal with good amount of carbs

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I use them all the time, every time with no problem. If the volume or mass of oats is a problem use a coffee grinder to grind them up prior to scooping into your shake.
I have found this makes the shakes a bit difficult to drink, and def takes the good taste out of them lol, however it is an unmatched way of getting oats in. I do this daily as opposed to cooking them.

I eat solid food post wo with a protein shake and oats. It will become a bit easier as you start doing it daily, if you have a problem eating after the gym.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oat flour is a nice substitute too. It's a little pricey though.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
get a coffee grinder n buzz it up, works like a charm

95% of the time i just eat food after a lift.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always have oats in a whey shake immediately post workout.