I love stims!..... This is why im worried....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I know a lot of people on here that love walking into the gym buzzed out of there mind on stims. Working out on stims can give some of the most amazing workouts... And.... I love the feeling! I get a kind of high off of it....
Ok so heres the problem. I have come to a realization that my tolerance is a little high.... Or is it? I have not come across a pre workout that doesnt hurt my stumach so i just get energy drinks... I drank the 3 servings can of monster one morning and that did barely anything. When i really want a buzz i drink one and a half, or im sure i could drink 2.... I know i need to cut back.... but the cut back is going to suck. What are some suggestions? are there any supplements that can help clean me out quick?

Thank you peeps!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been taking stims for as long as I can remember... Before I was 16 I used to walk to the gym and after the 2nd bridge I new it was time to get my buzz on! I say I was 14 when I started on stims ! Now almost 10 years later I pop them from the min I wake up till pre work out! I go to the doctor and get blood checked up regularly and although he doesn't know my stims usage there has never been any negative sides as of yet... And I also have a supposed heart condition "tachycardia".

Anyway, I do NOT know the answer to your question just thought I'd share.

Sub'd for more info!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm interesting. You never felt as though to cut back?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmmm interesting. You never felt as though to cut back?
I've been going hard on stims for the last 5 years, I'm on stim detox for the first time, on day 6 without giving in....it's rough. But on the positive side I found my libido has gone way up and vascularity, I wan't expecting it but it's making it a bit easier not giving in. I'll take a 8 week break, then go back to them, but this time I think I will only use Caffeine 3 times a week.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I've been going hard on stims for the last 5 years, I'm on stim detox for the first time, on day 6 without giving in....it's rough. But on the positive side I found my libido has gone way up and vascularity, I wan't expecting it but it's making it a bit easier not giving in. I'll take a 8 week break, then go back to them, but this time I think I will only use Caffeine 3 times a week.
If you dont mind me asking. What is this stim detox consist of? Is it a supplement? I have been curious in reset ad and maybe that will help....

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol works well even though people harbor some ill found hatred of it.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you dont mind me asking. What is this stim detox consist of? Is it a supplement? I have been curious in reset ad and maybe that will help....
No sorry, I ment detox as in just Caffeine free, I will be trying PerformaStrips VB-12 by Genomyx soon as a natural energizer, reviews look pretty good on it, plus it's a good price at nutra.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JD has provided you some great advice already.

You're just going to want to give your body a total break from stimulants for a while. Start off by giving yourself a 4 week break and then come back and see how it is. If it's not great, you can give yourself a longer break next time.

Typically, it's advised that you go 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off and I'd follow that. I never knew anything about it until much later (years of stimulant use) and my tolerance level is still not what it once was. However, taking the breaks, definitely does make some difference.

For me, the first 2 weeks are usually horrid. I feel lethargy and get headaches. But after that, I actually feel amazing and am honestly tempted to stay away from stims for even longer.

I've got a big cut starting up in the new year, or I'd take an even longer break (8 weeks or more). I'm currently around Day 11 or so of a detox and didn't get the headaches this time (still got the lethargy, though).

Also, Palo Alto Labs has a product: Reset AD that is supposed to help with this. I took it during my first stim detox, but I'll be honest, I didn't notice any help from it, nor any regained sensitivity to stimulants after its use. It's only about $17 or so, so it may be worth a shot for you, though. Something to think about.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
blood work wont show your adrenal glands being all run down. like it was mentioned above, caffeine releases just as much cortisol as it does adrenaline. its also a vaso constrictor.

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would get this same problem but now every time I deload from weights, I stop taking all stims for that week. The first 3 days are ussually the worst but by the begining of the following week my tolerance is back to normal. Id then start out with lower doses of the desired stim and gradually increase it as needed throughout the training cycle.

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...a subject I know all to well: stims. Let me put it this way - energy drink are so weak to me that they actually make me tired! Yes, even Red Bull. Mesomorph is the only this I found that actually works on me and take regular breaks from it because I'm afraid my tolerance is so high that I will all of a sudden be immume to it's effects. And considering there's nothing really better than Meso on the market right now I'd be f*cked.

Here it goes: I have 2 combat tours to Iraq (including the invasion into Baghdad in 2003) under my belt. Since then I was diagnosed with mild/moderate PTSD. Here's the kicker - I don't have anger issues, flashbacks, etc...no I got a nice healthy case of Narcolespy! Yay! Not like in the Movie Duce Bigelow where the chick had to tie her hair to the wall so she wouldn't drown in her soup (hehehehe). But no matter how much or how little sleep I'd get I was so tired I'd just randomly take naps. Not pass out - I knew when I was gonna fall asleep. Also I'd actually turn off my alarm clock(s) in my sleep. Multiple alarm clocks set at different times across the room!!! So I was taking unhealthy amounts of caffeine pills and any other legal upper I could get my hands on! Currently I am on the absolute highest dose of Aderall!!!!! Oh yea and I still occationally have to take caffeine pills!

But to answer your question: the only real way to detox is time. You could go cold-turkey, but that usually leads to headaches and other unpleasantries. The step down process is generally the best route. Yes, like quitting smoking - caffeine IS a drug. Other than that taking "drug vacations" for 72 hrs and then going back to a lower dose is typically effective at lowering tolerance. So why don't I detox off of caffeine? Because along with being a soldier 24/7, I'm also a single dad. So yea we'll see how this turns out.....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...a subject I know all to well: stims. Let me put it this way - energy drink are so weak to me that they actually make me tired! Yes, even Red Bull. Mesomorph is the only this I found that actually works on me and take regular breaks from it because I'm afraid my tolerance is so high that I will all of a sudden be immume to it's effects. And considering there's nothing really better than Meso on the market right now I'd be f*cked.

Here it goes: I have 2 combat tours to Iraq (including the invasion into Baghdad in 2003) under my belt. Since then I was diagnosed with mild/moderate PTSD. Here's the kicker - I don't have anger issues, flashbacks, etc...no I got a nice healthy case of Narcolespy! Yay! Not like in the Movie Duce Bigelow where the chick had to tie her hair to the wall so she wouldn't drown in her soup (hehehehe). But no matter how much or how little sleep I'd get I was so tired I'd just randomly take naps. Not pass out - I knew when I was gonna fall asleep. Also I'd actually turn off my alarm clock(s) in my sleep. Multiple alarm clocks set at different times across the room!!! So I was taking unhealthy amounts of caffeine pills and any other legal upper I could get my hands on! Currently I am on the absolute highest dose of Aderall!!!!! Oh yea and I still occationally have to take caffeine pills!

But to answer your question: the only real way to detox is time. You could go cold-turkey, but that usually leads to headaches and other unpleasantries. The step down process is generally the best route. Yes, like quitting smoking - caffeine IS a drug. Other than that taking "drug vacations" for 72 hrs and then going back to a lower dose is typically effective at lowering tolerance. So why don't I detox off of caffeine? Because along with being a soldier 24/7, I'm also a single dad. So yea we'll see how this turns out.....
Wow neo..... I dont know what to say. An i hope i dont get like that i mainly started taking them cause of the wierd work hours i work, then my tolerance started.... ok i figured i would just start detoxing.... Im Trying to think of ways i could still amp up my workouts without..... Its hard for me to work out hard without stims.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I would get this same problem but now every time I deload from weights, I stop taking all stims for that week. The first 3 days are ussually the worst but by the begining of the following week my tolerance is back to normal. Id then start out with lower doses of the desired stim and gradually increase it as needed throughout the training cycle.
Hmm interesting i might have to try this....

I was just hopeing somone had the magic detox :ponder:

Or even some supplement that would help.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
JD has provided you some great advice already.

You're just going to want to give your body a total break from stimulants for a while. Start off by giving yourself a 4 week break and then come back and see how it is. If it's not great, you can give yourself a longer break next time.

Typically, it's advised that you go 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off and I'd follow that. I never knew anything about it until much later (years of stimulant use) and my tolerance level is still not what it once was. However, taking the breaks, definitely does make some difference.

For me, the first 2 weeks are usually horrid. I feel lethargy and get headaches. But after that, I actually feel amazing and am honestly tempted to stay away from stims for even longer.

I've got a big cut starting up in the new year, or I'd take an even longer break (8 weeks or more). I'm currently around Day 11 or so of a detox and didn't get the headaches this time (still got the lethargy, though).

Also, Palo Alto Labs has a product: Reset AD that is supposed to help with this. I took it during my first stim detox, but I'll be honest, I didn't notice any help from it, nor any regained sensitivity to stimulants after its use. It's only about $17 or so, so it may be worth a shot for you, though. Something to think about.
Thanx MB i was looking at that also but wasnt sure if it worked.. I might just have to spend the money....

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established

what unit? I was in Baghdad in 2003..
diagnose PTSD and purple heart recipient..
meds as well

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Dose no ut rohidola root work to clean receptors

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
^^^ Good question! Hmmmm Google time. While i drink my monster energy drink.....

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
what unit? I was in Baghdad in 2003..
I was with 549th MP CO at camp Marlboro in Sadr City (Saddam City when we first got there). It was an abandoned cigarette factory (hence the name) that we shared with 2nd ACR...and they even inducted us into "The Order of the Spur" because of all the missions we rolled out with them on. Yea I was in Baghdad both times. Yay.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was with 549th MP CO at camp Marlboro in Sadr City (Saddam City when we first got there). It was an abandoned cigarette factory (hence the name) that we shared with 2nd ACR...and they even inducted us into "The Order of the Spur" because of all the missions we rolled out with them on. Yea I was in Baghdad both times. Yay.
I was 4/27Fa 1rst armored division... ever heard of hiefi streets in Baghdad.. worst ****ing street and we patrolled it....ambush like clock work
anyways back to the subject...

bakkbakk

Awards
you might not want to go cold turkey if youve been hittin the stims hard, I had no choice awhile back for other reasons. Caffeine headaches are from blood pounding back into your head since the stims restrict blood flow to the head, if you havent had them you might want to get some green tea and ween yourself off slowly. just tryin to help, mine felt like 6 migraines at once after a couple weeks

bakkbakk

Awards
Oh and not just the headaches..............look up caffeine withdrawal symptoms. you should find a list. can be like heroin withdrawal for some people. ween it

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
The most commonly reported withdrawal symptoms are listed below:

• Headache – (often described as being gradual in development and diffuse,
    and sometimes throbbing and severe)
  • Fatigue -- (e.g., fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, sluggishness)
  • Sleepiness/drowsiness -- (e.g., sleepy, drowsy, yawning)
  • Difficulty concentrating -- (e.g., muzzy)
  • Work Motivation -- (e.g., decreased motivation for tasks/work)
  • Irritability -- (e.g., irritable, cross, miserable, decreased well-being/contentedness)
  • Depression -- (e.g., depressed mood)
  • Anxiety -- (e.g., anxious, nervous)
  • Flu-like symptoms -- (e.g., nausea/vomiting, muscle aches/stiffness, hot and cold spells, heavy feelings in arms or legs)
  • Impairment in psychomotor, vigilance and cognitive performances
I can attest to all these - but yea the headaches were debilitating!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh I so failed my caffeine detox, broke 4 times in 18 days....better then everyday tho lol, I'm gonna try and stick with only 1-2 times a week....I have to start somewhere :D

VeganMike

Awards
Take lots of B-complex vitamins and meditation helps a lot too. I've been there.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah im trying to quit cold turkey..... Wow this sucks.. Anxiety and lethargy like crazy!!!!

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im stim free and the way i did it was my dosing i cut back only a 1/4 per week...for example i would drink a monster..and only leave a 1/4 left in the can and toss it out...next week i would only drink half and either toss it out or put it in the frig for the next day..week after i would only drink a 1/4...then i only a few sips the following week..now i cant drink a can at all or i get the shakes real bad and feel sick...did the same principal with Jack3ed..used to take 2 scoops cut it down to 1 1/2 then 1 then 1/2 then none..feel great now..juice fruit in the morning for my pre workout..i juice an apple, orange, pineapple, and a lemon..works for me

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I support your decision to go stim free. The whole "healthy lifestyle plus being whacked out on stims all the time" thing seemsn to be a contradictory trap that us fitness people fall into.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ill keep my drug failing test- JACK3D, THANK YOU :)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yes, many times i have seen posted jack3d creates a faild drug test in amphedamines grenium (1,3....... ingrediant)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes, many times i have seen posted jack3d creates a faild drug test in amphedamines grenium (1,3....... ingrediant)
Ummmmm

Should I be worried?

I believe this is a fairy tell...

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i've seen people go cold turkey done it myself and seen people ween themselves off the HARSHEST stimulant out there and personally i feel cold turkey is the way to go the weaining is kind of like a tease push yourself through about 72 hours and you start getting better.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Nah its real look it up, I have seen a few articles b4, but I'm not worried

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah guys i appreciat it. After about the fifth day er so i was feeling alot better. Well also all of the xanies i was eating, to help me get through my anxiety lol. Christmas i was falling asleep after each present. lol. My parents were like "you ok?" I told em what i was going through, they understood.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
But i have not completely stopped stims i still am using 1RM for my workouts....... I just know how far not to go.....

batbreakr

batbreakr

Awards
Wow neo..... I dont know what to say. An i hope i dont get like that i mainly started taking them cause of the wierd work hours i work, then my tolerance started.... ok i figured i would just start detoxing.... Im Trying to think of ways i could still amp up my workouts without..... Its hard for me to work out hard without stims.
I use Razor 8, and I have found a week on needs 1-2 days off, and 2 weeks needs 4 days off minimum. every five days if i can i'll take a day off, otherwise i stick to the 1wk-1-2dys thing. I take decently large doses of vitamins, and that does seem to help... on days off i drink a mountain dew when and if the headaches happen, but usually on off days i feel normal and have regular adrenal function, so i am fairly sure that if i am able to maintain my regimen, i can keep my adrenals strong. I find caffiene to be rather addicting, but nothing I cannot handle. Remember, if you cannot take the stims without becoming addicted, then you should find another way to boost yourself. Some of us are harder to addict, but if i start getting addicted I'll stop, and will not restart until i know i can avoid addiction. slowly lowering how much you use until you dont need it is a good old detox method, but i caution you, NEVER go cold turkey, the discomfort can hook you right back on the stims. I love boosters, but they can f**K you up. Good luck man!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I use Razor 8, and I have found a week on needs 1-2 days off, and 2 weeks needs 4 days off minimum. every five days if i can i'll take a day off, otherwise i stick to the 1wk-1-2dys thing. I take decently large doses of vitamins, and that does seem to help... on days off i drink a mountain dew when and if the headaches happen, but usually on off days i feel normal and have regular adrenal function, so i am fairly sure that if i am able to maintain my regimen, i can keep my adrenals strong. I find caffiene to be rather addicting, but nothing I cannot handle. Remember, if you cannot take the stims without becoming addicted, then you should find another way to boost yourself. Some of us are harder to addict, but if i start getting addicted I'll stop, and will not restart until i know i can avoid addiction. slowly lowering how much you use until you dont need it is a good old detox method, but i caution you, NEVER go cold turkey, the discomfort can hook you right back on the stims. I love boosters, but they can f**K you up. Good luck man!
I find one day on equals pulling back from my workout because I dont feel safe and then feeling the crash the next day.

batbreakr

batbreakr

Awards
well, i have tested on myself enough i know what i am safe with, taking it easy on workouts is not an option, stims or no. on days where i do not use stims, i make sure to have at least one of those be a workout day. My metabolism is rather lethargic, so while the stims help that out at the same time the correct diet plus my boosting regimen helps keep me going great even when not on them, i tested and two weeks was not too bad when not using, i just have to keep my metabolism moving with intense workouts, add the stims to that and you see why i feel safe on this, once i found what i responded best to i tweaked the workouts and intake of vitamins to keep things right. (lot of work, but so incredibly worth it). It is a program for me. One that works.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
well, i have tested on myself enough i know what i am safe with, taking it easy on workouts is not an option, stims or no. on days where i do not use stims, i make sure to have at least one of those be a workout day. My metabolism is rather lethargic, so while the stims help that out at the same time the correct diet plus my boosting regimen helps keep me going great even when not on them, i tested and two weeks was not too bad when not using, i just have to keep my metabolism moving with intense workouts, add the stims to that and you see why i feel safe on this, once i found what i responded best to i tweaked the workouts and intake of vitamins to keep things right. (lot of work, but so incredibly worth it). It is a program for me. One that works.
Im usually the same way. for me, Razor 8 just gave me a feeling in my chest like If I kept going, I really was gonna die.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Oh now its good i appreciate it fellas it sucked back in the day. But im just green tea man. thats it nothing else. Drink a cup before i work out. morning times. Tea is my friend now and only drink and energy drink as a treat. But i stay away from them mostly. They just taste too good to me.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Thanx fellas! It was hard but now I have learned my lessons

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I try to take a break from Stims and am kinda able to give a little bit here and there, but I end up being tired at work if I'm unable to get all the sleep I need (usually due to work as well, or workout, or social life) and therefore feel the need to pop a Dexaprine in the morning... Or drink a tall can of Monster before a drive and so on...

So it's kinda hard for me to go cold for a bit, and I'm sure I'm resistant as hell by now. Hell, one of the best naps I take is after taking some Geranium... Seriously, I take some of my best naps after that. How is that even possible for me to basically be knocked out by 1-3dimethyl?!?!

I've been trying to take of the new product from the makers of Dexaprine, I forgot the name right now, in hopes that they will reset my adrenal glands. We'll see. I'll have to do some blood work to check up on that.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
The headaches...they are brutal. Mine come on slow and then ramp up to a full-on migraine. They tend to last all damn day too.
I read about Revamp. Any word on this product? Does it help?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I never liek to abuse stims myself. 1-5 coffees worth max ed and 1 serving preWO drink on workout days (2 servings max)
just helthier i feel.