Any reason not to?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Any reason not to?

Is there any reason not to have my breakfast consist mostly of fat/protein instead of carb/protein? I gain fat around the midsection way too easily, so I'm thinking of just having carbs at lunch (last whole-food meal before working out after work).

In the mornings, I normally make a smoothie consisting of a scoop and a half of protein, liquid egg whites, one or two whole raw eggs, natty pb, frozen (fresh) blue berries (instead of ice), sometimes EVOO, and a little no-sugar-added nesquick.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

It never hurts to try new methods if there is good reasoning behind it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    Answers

What would you normally attribute mid-section fat gain to? Diet, or something else like low test levels?
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

It's usually a diet and genetic issue. Some are sensitive to glucose and others are not.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's usually a diet and genetic issue. Some are sensitive to glucose and others are not.
    Is there anything than can me done to deminish the genetic part? I don't mean completely overcome it, but just sway things a little in my favor.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

cardio and stick to whole foods. walking up hill on an incline preferrably(sp). the more carbs I sacrifice in return starts to effect my workouts. I really believe you can eat fruit all day and it will only help you. you seem to have quite a protein shake too. I understand they are different types of proteins in there but you can store protein as fat too. Ive never seen any whole food eating lifting cardio freaks that have ever had a problem keeping fat off. it was scary how much ft i lost when i adopted the no preservative, no hydrogenated or trans fat diet. my doc thought i had cancer. I am a genetic failure so to speak when it comes to metabolism. can get huge quick though, but when it comes getting cut its an all whole food and protein shake diet,

running and eliptical will just burn muscle, calories too, but hard earned muscle

try walking at the highest incline at 3.0 at a half hour, at 240 for me its rough
    then do intervals of walking backwards uphill, its actually the best cardio for your heart as well, low impact for the muscles too.
    of course this all depends on if your"stubborn" belly fat is 8 percent or 25 percent bodyfat. and you have no stats up to judge. just some thoughts
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Id be willing to bet 70% of my body fat is belly, if not more. What would you suggest for my shakes? Or were you not not saying there was anything wrong with mine?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Like You Need Another Reason
    By h22t88 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
  2. another Reason to Recreate--Very good reason
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM