Does anyone eat dinner really late?

drvinnybombat

Awards
I may have to start eating my largest meal at like 9:00 or 10:00 PM to fit my schedule. Usually I eat steak, sweet potato and vegetables which is a lot for that late. It's kinda that or I just don't eat any large meal and try to get by on Subway sandwiches and whatever else I can get. Is this really bad, or just not ideal?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
depending on your goals, cutting ect maybe? otherwise who cares! IMO go for it it wont matter that much to be worrying about it....

2buff

2buff

Awards
my schedule sometimes also makes it difficult. If i'm eating a late dinner I usuallly cut out a good amount of the carbs and eat something lean, but if your goals are just to bulk up then eat up brother.

purelife1

i have to eat at 10 every night to....i just cut most of my carbs out

LowSodium

LowSodium

Awards
My wife and I eat dinner between 9:30 & 10:30pm almost every night. She doesnt get home from work until 9pm or so and if I ate without her she wouldnt eat as healthy. I workout from 4:30 - 5:30pm, pound a protein shake right after, an hour after I get home I eat some almonds, PButter, maybe some carrots, some sliced cheeses, an apple, then dinner a couple hours later. Normally we do a meat and a vegetable. I'll throw in rice once or twice a week. I eat about 5000 calories a day, throughout the whole day in a course of 6 meals which keeps my metabolic rate pretty high. So it doesnt matter what time I eat. I wake-up at 5:45am for work and am famished, ready for oatmeal and a protein shake.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife and I eat dinner between 9:30 & 10:30pm almost every night. She doesnt get home from work until 9pm or so and if I ate without her she wouldnt eat as healthy. I workout from 4:30 - 5:30pm, pound a protein shake right after, an hour after I get home I eat some almonds, PButter, maybe some carrots, some sliced cheeses, an apple, then dinner a couple hours later. Normally we do a meat and a vegetable. I'll throw in rice once or twice a week. I eat about 5000 calories a day, throughout the whole day in a course of 6 meals which keeps my metabolic rate pretty high. So it doesnt matter what time I eat. I wake-up at 5:45am for work and am famished, ready for oatmeal and a protein shake.
If you get done working out at 530 and drink a shake at let's say 545 then what I would do is eat a meal at 715. Add some meat and all the carbs you would eat the dinner to the nuts and veggie snack. Then when you eat with your wife just eat the protein and veggies. I would also drink another shake before bed but that's just me lol.

I get done with the gym at 630 drink a shake then eat the at 730 (10oz steak 1 cup rice) then eat a 6-8oz steak at 9 then a protein shake before I brush me teeth and hop in bed around 11

Hope this helped some!!

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Jesus, how do you afford to eat so much steak?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do it because of my schedule too and I don't care because I'm bulking right now, need those cals. What's been bothering me though for the past month is insane acid reflux while sleeping. I don't know if it's due to eating so close to bed, or from other things. I usually eat a full meal and then immediately before bed I down maybe 2-3 pints of whole milk... I've since cut out the whole milk to see if it will help though, but it hasn't yet

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jesus, how do you afford to eat so much steak?
It's chopped steak made with half ground beef and half ground Turkey. 80/20 beef and extra lean ground turkey

VERY CHEAP lol

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
It's chopped steak made with half ground beef and half ground Turkey. 80/20 beef and extra lean ground turkey

VERY CHEAP lol
So you buy the two seperately and then just mix them together and cook it?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup add some pepper & you're good I make 12 oz patties and they weigh about 8-10 after they're cooked

bakkbakk

Awards
Must have a super colon. steak twice a day? nice. poor pooper

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may have to start eating my largest meal at like 9:00 or 10:00 PM to fit my schedule. Usually I eat steak, sweet potato and vegetables which is a lot for that late. It's kinda that or I just don't eat any large meal and try to get by on Subway sandwiches and whatever else I can get. Is this really bad, or just not ideal?
Just because you eat at 9-10pm does not mean it is "late" - "late" is relative to each individual. There is nothing wrong with eating at 9-10pm. It's generally advised to have your last meal at least two hours before going to bed, but I've personally had no issues eating my last meal just before going to bed. Depending on your goal, if it works for YOU, then there's nothing wrong with it - I'm still eating at 1-2am.

~Rosie~

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do not notice a difference either way. In fact I look great in the morning if I eat a normal meal before bed.

VeganMike

Awards
Like others said, it just depends on your goals. I personally think its good to eat close to bed time but just a small meal if you want to cut or something big if you are bulking.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what time you go to bed man. I usually have my last meal around 10.30ish or a hair later. I don't go to sleep untill around 1-130 am tho. I try to stick to the rule of thumb, dont eat within 2 hours of bed. I try for 2.5 though because I have an actual meal.

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
For me time is no issue...my body doesnt know what time it is as far as calories go, it just knows how many cals it needs for the situation(bulk, cut, maintenance), so if you havent reached your caloric goal intake for the day, eat.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that when i eat too late--like 1-1.5 hrs before bed,i find it harder for my a$$ to get out of bed the next morning.