Alot to learn

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Man, there is more to this nutrition deal than I can handle lol. I feel like I need to go back to school to understand whats the best way to eat food, the times, types of food at what times, etc. FFS I'm tired of reading lol.

Hiring a nutritionalist??? I've been thinking of hiring a nutritionalist to get me started. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm looking to get a better understanding of my diet, and what to eat and when for a more optimal body operation.

Any tips that may be helpful are appreciated, right now I'm basically eating alot of chicken, little pork, little beef, lot of pasta(white), and a banana per day. I've also added in a PBJ sandwich on multigrain bread 5 days/week.

I don't think this is a sufficient diet, but I don't think its entirely bad. I think it needs tweaking, I want to add in trail mix, vegetables, and another fruit. I also want to look for some wheat pasta, or don't know if I should just cut down greatly on it.

Long post, but there is nothing short when talking about diet lol. Thanks for any suggestions/responses.

BTW I'm going to be starting a pretty hefty cycle in the beginning of Jan, so thats why I'm trying to start getting my diet in control now, so that I will get max benefit from it, and also just to start eating better in general.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't catch your age... But I would lay the **** off hormones till you max out naturally. Or at least till you completely under stand your diet & basic supps.

You will be amazed with the results of a good solid diet and basic supps.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I'm 32. And yea this is why I'm posting, so that I can get a better understanding of nutrition and eating. This is the plan I was on for a while, but I slacked off on it a bit.

My goals are to eat more healthy, and to put on muscle. I'm trying to go with a lean bulk. I want to reduce the little pudge in the abdominal area. I know having ripped abs is a long way off. Right now goal there is to flatten the stomach.

1 Grilled Chicken Breast about 6oz (seasoned)
1 Steak (grilled, nothing fancy) about 6oz
2 Hard boiled eggs - eating only 20% yolk of each
1 Turkey and Ham(5-6 thin slices each) sandwhich with nonfat American Cheese (2 slices)
1 Yoplait light yogurt
1 Kashi granola bar
1 Banana
1 Whey Protein Shake 1 scoop - using 2% reduced fat milk
2 Large Celery Stalks
Chicken breasts are about 8oz,
Steaks are actually about 5.5oz
--removed-- hard boiled eggs.
added-- ~1 1/4 cup multigrain cheerios
added-- 1 cup trail mix
added-- 1 peach
added-- 1 can tuna fish in water
added-- 2 string cheese made with 2% milk

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't hire a nutritionist - that's just me, though. My reasoning for this is mostly because it forces you to do the learning, which will be knowledge that will stick with you better and for longer. It's also been shown that it's not all that difficult to get a nutritionist certification / classification. A registered dietitian, on the other hand, is usually legit.

If you really want someone to tell you information more so than looking it up on your own, I'd consider taking a basic nutrition course at a community college or something.

I personally just read, read, read.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man, there is more to this nutrition deal than I can handle lol. I feel like I need to go back to school to understand whats the best way to eat food, the times, types of food at what times, etc. FFS I'm tired of reading lol.

Hiring a nutritionalist??? I've been thinking of hiring a nutritionalist to get me started. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm looking to get a better understanding of my diet, and what to eat and when for a more optimal body operation.

Any tips that may be helpful are appreciated, right now I'm basically eating alot of chicken, little pork, little beef, lot of pasta(white), and a banana per day. I've also added in a PBJ sandwich on multigrain bread 5 days/week.

I don't think this is a sufficient diet, but I don't think its entirely bad. I think it needs tweaking, I want to add in trail mix, vegetables, and another fruit. I also want to look for some wheat pasta, or don't know if I should just cut down greatly on it.

Long post, but there is nothing short when talking about diet lol. Thanks for any suggestions/responses.

BTW I'm going to be starting a pretty hefty cycle in the beginning of Jan, so thats why I'm trying to start getting my diet in control now, so that I will get max benefit from it, and also just to start eating better in general.
It is easy to get information overload when you're trying to learn about nutrition. Quite frankly there is a ton of BS in the industry as so many are trying to make a buck or a name for themselves.

Stick to the basics. Learn to count calories and track portions sizes. Taking in the right amount of food energy is key to achieving your goals. Try to stick to whole foods and relatively balanced macros in order to ensure adequate micronutrition. For example the diet you posted needs calorie and macro totals to really be of any use.

Things like keto diets, separating fat and carbs, ultra specific meal timings, etc are all over hyped ideas that have limited (if any) benefits in the long run.

Lastly I wholeheartedly agree with Stakedcop. Skip the hormones until you get the rest sorted out. Without a firm understanding of nutrition you risk zero gains, and one messed up endocrine system.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies, some good information.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 27
Pheromones 7
Anabolics 45
Anabolics 36
35 and Older 3