food pre/post w/o - AnabolicMinds.com

food pre/post w/o

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

food pre/post w/o

I'm tryin to get more into specifics with my nutrition and diet. From what I've read its good to eat carbs post w/o. Is that right, and if so how long after?

Also eating pre w/o, how long before and what type of food, or just a snack? I see alot of people sayin just eatin a banana immediately before, some eat a meal about 90 mins before. Thanks!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I for one work out at 7am so i wake up at 6am and have an apple or banana with a protein drink withcreatine and im good to go. I always have the same post wo. I like it this way
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes View Post
    I'm tryin to get more into specifics with my nutrition and diet. From what I've read its good to eat carbs post w/o. Is that right, and if so how long after?

Also eating pre w/o, how long before and what type of food, or just a snack? I see alot of people sayin just eatin a banana immediately before, some eat a meal about 90 mins before. Thanks!
    There are a lot of recommendations for pre and post-training nutrition.

Re pre-training nutrition, you have to do what is right for YOU, since some individuals (like myself) prefer to train [always] on an empty stomach and therefore will not eat pre-training, whilst others will have several meals or even eat right before (I used to do this when I was cycling - eat right before I went training - but not now).

Re post-training nutrition, there is a lot of information about what and what not to use here, with some saying yes to carbohydrates and others saying no. I've always recommended having a shake with ~50g of carbohydrates (simple is best, but a mix of simple and complex is fine), and ~30g of protein as soon as possible - if you use creatine, add that to your shake. However, a shake is NOT necessary, as long as you eat a proper meal within an hour of finishing your training, definitely including at least COMPLEX carbohydrates in it, along with protein and some fat.

Re post-training nutrition, a good source to read is Chapter 14: Nutrition for Recovery After Training and Competition in Clinical Sports Nutrition (Burke, 2006).

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Thanks. Ill look into that book.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's also somewhat goal dependant. Pre/post workout is a good bit different between a cut, recomp and bulk.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

Similar Forum Threads

1. Food MASTERY!!!! POST YOUR PICS
    By ZamaMan in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
  2. Need a little clarification on post workout food
    By kevmac in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
  3. **Post Pics of your FOOD Stash**
    By Maverick60 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4