Insoluble fiber question

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Does insoluble fiber give you the same feeling of fullness and delay nutrition absorption that soluble fiber does?

4 plus grams of soluble fiber literally kills my appetite for the next 3 days. Just wondering if insoluble has that same type of affect

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Does insoluble fiber give you the same feeling of fullness and delay nutrition absorption that soluble fiber does?

4 plus grams of soluble fiber literally kills my appetite for the next 3 days. Just wondering if insoluble has that same type of affect

I personally feel that insoluble fiber kills my appetite and makes me feel full longer. It's good and bad. Good for dieting , bad for much needed calories. Great for late evening though.

You may have the 2 fibers mixed up.

Soluble fiber does not seem to have a huge effect on appetite, especially compared to insoluble.

The best fiber I've ever had is Psyllium husk.Metamucil unflavored is a staple in my diet. It mostly contains soluble fiber. Keeps you regular, no stomach issues whatsoever. Doesn't give you gas like veggies and beans. Generally insoluble fiber gives you more gas too.