F'ING FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!

B

BIGHIGGS

Awards
Breif BIO.... Just turned 30, 290, 6'3" BF% approx 20-23%. Just lost 30lbs since may. goal weight is 250-260 by my wedding in OCT 2011 (def do-able). Here is my rant.....I CANT DROP ANYMORE WEIGHT. Im killing it in the gym 6 days a week, I have a great workout partner, im tracking my foods yet i cant budge on the scale for a good month or so...WTF??? someone please help.....here is a sample of a typical days nutrition.
M1- 1 cup liquid egg whites
two scoops gaspari intrapro
2 tbspn natty pb
banana
1/2 cup oatmeal.....all blended into a shake with ice
M2- 8oz chicken coated with ground oatmeal (like breadcrumbs but better) baked
cup veggies
dannon greek
M3- same as M2
M4- same as M2
M5- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
! scoop gaspari intra pro (this is right before bed)
1 spponfull of natty pb

Im usually in the area of around 2700 cals, 80-90g fats, 170-190 carbs and 275-300 proteins. i try to keep my sodium below 1500-1700 due to threat of hypertension in the family

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
Drop the PB. 2700 is too many calories imo. If your true goal is cutting, then commit just to cutting and use the gym just to maintain strength. If you commit 100% to cutting, then 250 should be no big deal in a year. And if you reach it before that, just go into recomp and bring things like PB back in. Just dropping PB should remove around 300 cal/day.

Also, I've heard that people who hold more weight around the middle react better to low carb (I don't), so maybe try some carb cycling if you hold more weight in your gut. Hell, try it either way, I've heard that it worked very well for a lot of people.

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards
How are your pants fitting? Sometimes, you have to just screw the scale and go by the mirror/pants.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drop the PB. 2700 is too many calories imo. If your true goal is cutting, then commit just to cutting and use the gym just to maintain strength. If you commit 100% to cutting, then 250 should be no big deal in a year. And if you reach it before that, just go into recomp and bring things like PB back in. Just dropping PB should remove around 300 cal/day.

Also, I've heard that people who hold more weight around the middle react better to low carb (I don't), so maybe try some carb cycling if you hold more weight in your gut. Hell, try it either way, I've heard that it worked very well for a lot of people.
2700 is too many? I think it's way too little.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For his height/weight/age? No way, 2700 is too much.
Holy crap... two much.... at 290?

A quick calculation shows his BMR at almost 4K using the Mifflin-St Jeor equation.

Higgs... have you introduced any cheat meals yet?

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Holy crap... two much.... at 290?

A quick calculation shows his BMR at almost 4K using the Mifflin-St Jeor equation.

Higgs... have you introduced any cheat meals yet?
Yeah, but he's 90% fat.. He's trying to lose it, not maintain it.
He could literally eat nothing for 3-6 months and be fine.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He has over 220 lbs of LBM. There's no way in hell 2700 kcals is too much.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
That's why I only suggested dropping the PB. I don't think it's way too much, but he needs to see what will work for him. I think the first step should be a small drop in calories, just to see how his body reacts. With his extreme size it's even harder then normal to suggest numbers that will work. At this point, the only thing we're certain of is that his current routine isn't working. The first step is to make a change and see how it affects his results.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, why do you keep repeating yourself. How are you calculating this?
290x.77=223.3

If you can't figure out where I got that, you shouldn't be giving out advice.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
290x.77=223.3

If you can't figure out where I got that, you shouldn't be giving out advice.
You're brilliant. That's obvious.. I meant in regards to your mantra of 2700 cals being too much..

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see his post say 20-23% body fat... nothing about 90%

Also, the BMR equation I used is not calculated on LBM, but overall weight. Dropping cals to low will in fact induce a cascade of different hormones that will thusly place the body in a starvation mode that fights to keep every last pound.

So your science on this matter is not sound. You do not drop 2300 from BMR to loose weight effectively.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
It could very well be that his deficit it too large, resulting in his metabolism slowing and bringing his weight loss to a halt. If dropping a few more cals doesn't get things going, then upping cals to the 3-3500 range could be the thing to get the metabolism going again. Like I said, finding the sweet spot could be tough with such large numbers.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see his post say 20-23% body fat... nothing about 90%

Also, the BMR equation I used is not calculated on LBM, but overall weight. Dropping cals to low will in fact induce a cascade of different hormones that will thusly place the body in a starvation mode that fights to keep every last pound.

So your science on this matter is not sound. You do not drop 2300 from BMR to loose weight effectively.
Yes, it's an exaggeration.. Quite the grasp of English you've got there.

You're going by a formula that doesn't take into consideration LBM, and MY science in not sound? How about you come back with a modern equation.

It could very well be that his deficit it too large, resulting in his metabolism slowing and bringing his weight loss to a halt. If dropping a few more cals doesn't get things going, then upping cals to the 3-3500 range could be the thing to get the metabolism going again. Like I said, finding the sweet spot could be tough with such large numbers.
He's not loosing weight because his deficit is too large? Where'd you come up with this?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, it's an exaggeration.. Quite the grasp of English you've got there.

You're going by a formula that doesn't take into consideration LBM, and MY science in not sound? How about you come back with a modern equation.

He's not loosing weight because his deficit is too large? Where'd you come up with this?
Look here, obviously you do not know that to keep fat from generating aromatase, thusly converting test into estrogen, thusly causing fat gain that nutrients must be provided. And that is just ONE factor in the hormonal cascade... dont even want to get into the cortisol factor.

Mifflin-St Jeor is the highest regarded equation for caloric expenditure.

But you keep going on believing you know anything, it is quite a laugh.

/School

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Look here, obviously you do not know that to keep fat from generating aromatase, thusly converting test into estrogen, thusly causing fat gain that nutrients must be provided. And that is just ONE factor in the hormonal cascade... dont even want to get into the cortisol factor.

Mifflin-St Jeor is the highest regarded equation for caloric expenditure.

But you keep going on believing you know anything, it is quite a laugh.

/School
School? Thank god I didn't attend the 'school' that taught you. Fat loss is quite simple, you need to take a breath and then read a book published in the 21st century.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
School? Thank god I didn't attend the 'school' that taught you. Fat loss is quite simple, you need to take a breath and then read a book published in the 21st century.
:thumbsup:

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think this thread is a perfect demonstration that you should seek out professional help. You cannot (always) trust advice online because;
1) they are giving you advice blind
2) most of whom are not qualified to do so

Best of luck :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think this thread is a perfect demonstration that you should seek out professional help. You cannot (always) trust advice online because;
1) they are giving you advice blind
2) most of whom are not qualified to do so

Best of luck :)
:D I do like this. Especially since a lot of the "Professionals" come here for information.

Hell, Rodja is about as professional as they come, Degree and certified.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"most of whom are not qualified..." :)

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Precision Nutrition would recommend between 3480 and 4060 calories a day to cut weight for someone 290lbs with a macro breakdown of 35% protein 25% carbs and 40% fat assuming he is an endomorph. This would be roughly 3770 calories as a midway starting point, 330 Protein, 235 carbs and 168 fat. This would be a special situation client and because people are so obsessed with macros and calories on this board I provided them. I personally don't breakdown calories and macros for the average fat loss client like the OP.

Is it possible you have a bigger cheat meal each week or several times a week that you think is doing less damage than it really is?

B

BIGHIGGS

Awards
This is what confuses me....I have no problem eating just 2000 cals and I have no problem eating 4000 cals. some say im eating too much some say im eating too little....FML

B

BIGHIGGS

Awards

woah..who said im 90% fat??? Is that even possible??

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
woah..who said im 90% fat??? Is that even possible??
No. I think you should up your calories to the range that I referenced at least on days that you work out. On your off days, you can get away with slightly lower calories. Also, any reason you aren't eating any red meat or fish?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you have a calorie deficit you MUST lose weight. That is the definition of a deficit.

Comments that his metabolism has stalled and his body is holding onto fat is the reason he is no longer losing weight is ludicrous. If you follow this line of logic, then someone could stop eating altogether and still not lose weight. Sorry doesn't work that way.

Yes if your deficit is too large then you will likely feel really tired and you will lose more muscle than fat but as long as there is a deficit your body has to use up stores to make up the energy expenditure.

Most likely an error in calorie intake/energy expenditure calculations.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
If you have a calorie deficit you MUST lose weight. That is the definition of a deficit.

Comments that his metabolism has stalled and his body is holding onto fat is the reason he is no longer losing weight is ludicrous. If you follow this line of logic, then someone could stop eating altogether and still not lose weight. Sorry doesn't work that way.

Yes if your deficit is too large then you will likely feel really tired and you will lose more muscle than fat but as long as there is a deficit your body has to use up stores to make up the energy expenditure.

A deficit is a number. Nothing more. Saying that increasing that number results in more fat loss and decreasing it results in less is ignoring a number of factors involved in how our bodies work.

It's true that if someone stopped eating altogether then they would lose weight, but the metabolism can shift WAY down when someone consistently under eats. In retrospect I was incorrect that 2700 is too many. I didn't really take the time to think about the numbers involved, and I apologize to the OP for the poorly thought out advice.

On the website I use to keep track of my diet I've seen dozens of women who fall prey to under eating. I've seen them averaging as little as 7 or 800 calories a day and still manage to not lose a lb. And these are women who could definitely stand to lose some lbs! The thing is that every now and then they'll reward themselves and cheat a little, and their slow ass metabolism will store everything. Once they are finally convinced to start sticking to the correct deficit (500/day for 1 lb lost/week), they almost always start losing again in a couple weeks.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good last post. I had a new client come to me who had lost 22kg in 3 months but had come to a complete stop. When I asked him what he ate he told me he only ate one meal per day.

Calories are not the only factor in the equation, it surprises me that people on here think that when there are examples of testimonials where people throw in a nutrient repartitioner and lost fat without dietary change. One guy even said that when he uses a sunbed his pecs lean up.

Would two twins lose fat at different rates if one had low test and one had high test? Even if all other factors were the same. What if one was stressed and had high cortisol levels?

Hormones play a huge factor irrespective of calorie total. Only looking at calories misses vital factors which could make all the difference.

B

BIGHIGGS

Awards
How are your pants fitting? Sometimes, you have to just screw the scale and go by the mirror/pants.
They fit the same and I look the same.....Stalled out my friend!!

B

BIGHIGGS

Awards
Is it possible you have a bigger cheat meal each week or several times a week that you think is doing less damage than it really is?
This is quite possible as my diet is not dialed in 100% but i dont binge by any means.

B

BIGHIGGS

Awards
Also, any reason you aren't eating any red meat or fish?
I eat the occasional red meat and fish but im most consistent with chicken thats why i used the example. I am borderline right now for hypertension and high cholesterol (runs in the family) so thats the main reason I limit the red meats.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat the occasional red meat and fish but im most consistent with chicken thats why i used the example. I am borderline right now for hypertension and high cholesterol (runs in the family) so thats the main reason I limit the red meats.
I can guarantee you that red meat will not alter this. In your situation, it's the extra mass that is worrisome and not the raw numbers. BTW, what is your cholesterol and breakdown?

Several things you should start:
1. Change up the diet...a lot. You have very few nutrients in your diet and, even more alarming, a severe lack of produce. The protein is decent, but you either need more fat or more carbs
2. For accuracy purposes, start taking measurements. The only parameter is to take it at the same time everytime.
3. Fatty fish. It'll help in a myriad of ways.
4. Take a week or so and increase your caloric intake by 500-700 per day.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

A deficit is only a deficit if your body hasn't slowed the metabolic process down low enough to match the caloric consumption. Also, you logic is flawed on eating nothing, considering that eating nothing and eating low calories are two different animals.... again, I reference TSH, Estrogen, Cortisol.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I can guarantee you that red meat will not alter this. In your situation, it's the extra mass that is worrisome and not the raw numbers. BTW, what is your cholesterol and breakdown?

1. Change up the diet...a lot. You have very few nutrients in your diet and, even more alarming, a severe lack of produce. The protein is decent, but you either need more fat or more carbs
2. For accuracy purposes, start taking measurements. The only parameter is to take it at the same time everytime.
He said he's eating "cup of veggies" in 3 of his meals. If he's truly eating 3 cups of veggies he is alright on the veggies but could be much better. Also, if greek yogurt is eaten 3x a day with 3 meals then I'd say that is one thing that could be immediately changed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He said he's eating "cup of veggies" in 3 of his meals. If he's truly eating 3 cups of veggies he is alright on the veggies but could be much better. Also, if greek yogurt is eaten 3x a day with 3 meals then I'd say that is one thing that could be immediately changed.
When he's cutting back that much, I'd say at least 7 servings (2 fruit, 5 vegetable) should be his aim. I'm not a fan of anything dairy, but greek yogurt is at least a good source of probiotics, protein, and minerals.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They fit the same and I look the same.....Stalled out my friend!!
How do you feel in the gym, how's the strength levels?

If you're feeling gassed and losing strength then your metabolism has shifted to muscle burning. Refeed for awhile and then drop the cals back down.

If your energy levels are fine and strength is stable or even increasing then you are eating too much (don't get fixated on the numbers - what's happening is the reality).

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A deficit is only a deficit if your body hasn't slowed the metabolic process down low enough to match the caloric consumption. Also, you logic is flawed on eating nothing, considering that eating nothing and eating low calories are two different animals.... again, I reference TSH, Estrogen, Cortisol.
No, you're fixated on the numbers again. If you have a deficit (in reality, not by calculations) then you have more energy expended than is consumed and the body must tap into stores to source the difference.

Yes, I know that the body can downregulate metabolism and shift to 'starvation mode' where it starts burning up a lot of muscle. Yes this can result in stalled weight loss if, and only if, the downregulation is comparable to original deficit. The body can only downregulate so much, and if the original deficit is large, weight loss will continue but it will be at the expense of feeling like sh!t and losing a lot of muscle. The posts so far have not mentioned this and hence why I have called it faulty because it does not address the whole picture.

I don't care about TSH, E, etc. Those are just the mechanics of how the body accomplishes what I just talked about. Energy balance is the 'cause' and hormone reactions are just the 'effect.' For the purposes of the OP we are concerned about the former.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, you're fixated on the numbers again. If you have a deficit (in reality, not by calculations) then you have more energy expended than is consumed and the body must tap into stores to source the difference.

Yes, I know that the body can downregulate metabolism and shift to 'starvation mode' where it starts burning up a lot of muscle. Yes this can result in stalled weight loss if, and only if, the downregulation is comparable to original deficit. The body can only downregulate so much, and if the original deficit is large, weight loss will continue but it will be at the expense of feeling like sh!t and losing a lot of muscle. The posts so far have not mentioned this and hence why I have called it faulty because it does not address the whole picture.

I don't care about TSH, E, etc. Those are just the mechanics of how the body accomplishes what I just talked about. Energy balance is the 'cause' and hormone reactions are just the 'effect.' For the purposes of the OP we are concerned about the former.
Eh, believe what you want. You simplify it way to much when in all reality it is not simply the hormones being the effect... it is quite the cascade. You kind of side stepped the science of anything the minute you said you don't care about the main metabolic hormone.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Eh, believe what you want. You simplify it way to much when in all reality it is not simply the hormones being the effect... it is quite the cascade. You kind of side stepped the science of anything the minute you said you don't care about the main metabolic hormone.
Nah D, you are cherry picking your perspective again. It is that simple.

You want science? -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_conservation_of_energy and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E=mc² .

Sure you could come to an answer by micro analyzing hormone responses of TSH, T3, T4, cortisol, insulin, glucagon, testosterone, e2, etc. However, as you said, it is quite the cascade. You would need the professional expertise AND frequent lab work to get all the data. So be my guest...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah D, you are cherry picking your perspective again. It is that simple.

You want science? -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_conservation_of_energy and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E=mc² .

Sure you could come to an answer by micro analyzing hormone responses of TSH, T3, T4, cortisol, insulin, glucagon, testosterone, e2, etc. However, as you said, it is quite the cascade. You would need the professional expertise AND frequent lab work to get all the data. So be my guest...
You can extrapolate facts from previous research to come to a conclusion... but... like I said.. believe what you want.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can extrapolate facts from previous research to come to a conclusion...
Ok please do.

The OP has provided no values for the hormone levels you mentioned yet you say he is not eating enough.

So 'from previous research,' are you are suggesting to use other people's labwork to diagnose the OP's situation?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok please do.

The OP has provided no values for the hormone levels you mentioned yet you say he is not eating enough.

So 'from previous research,' are you are suggesting to use other people's labwork to diagnose the OP's situation?
Man you bring pain to the logical center of the brain. I have already presented the equation I have utilized to extrapolate his BMR. So basically you are telling a 290 pounds man to drop his calories lower than what he is at now?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow people need to put away their lab coats... let's put away our theories and get out our experiences.

OP I have had great success with a Keto Diet. It really works and is optimal for dropping bf%. Notice I said drop bf% and not lose weight. Two different things.

If you lose weight you drop overall body mass which sometimes keeps you looking like you do now... just at a lower weight lol. If you drop bf% that's when you look good.

I have had great success with Keto... Takes more dedication but once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature. This is the only way I will diet now when a diet is needed for me.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man you bring pain to the logical center of the brain.
Dude, I have a background in physics, you should see me in action when I am not limited by typing. Spock ain't got nothing on me:sgrin:

I have already presented the equation I have utilized to extrapolate his BMR. So basically you are telling a 290 pounds man to drop his calories lower than what he is at now?
~Yup, yup!
For his height/weight/age? No way, 2700 is too much.
People! As much as I love numbers, stop it. You are trying to make reality fit the model. That is backwards. Reality is reality, numbers are just a guideline and subject to error.

The reality is the OP has stopped losing weight. According to laws of conservation of energy there are three possible reasons: 1) he is actually eating at normal maintenance levels or 2) he was eating at 500 kcals or so below maintenance for too long, his metabolism has dropped by a comparable amount and is now burning muscle, or 3) he has a metabolic disorder.

For cases 2 and 3 he should be feeling tired, burned out, and losing strength (still waiting to hear from OP on this) or symptoms for whatever disorder he has. If he is not then the answer is case 1.

Add to it that when asked about maybe cheat meals being the culprit, OP says, 'This is quite possible as my diet is not dialed in 100% but i dont binge by any means.'

Even when diet is dialed in, there is still significant error in calorie and bf% measurements. If you're not tracking everything and having a cheat meal multiple time per week (especially if high calorie fast food) then it is very easy to blow your accumulated deficit for the week.

K, Ive said all I have to say. Peace out.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 6'2" 315, so close to the same size, and I cut down from my highpoint of 335 when I was competing. I also stalled out when I hit around 300, but this has happened in the past. Usually it is because I have taken calories too low by this point, and it has caught up to me. Right now I am around 18-20 percent body fat, and am eating around 4200-4500 cals a day. But I am also on Boladrol, however, I am losing bf. If I were you I would raise your daily calories, and I would do it through protein and fat, not carbs. Right now if I were not on Boladrol, I would be eating 4000-3800 and losing around 2 pounds a week. Just thought I would share since we are similar in size.

D

Dandelo

Awards
[Well first of all congrats on your weight loss, 30 lbs is no small feat. Now down to business. If you are training six days a week, assuming that you are lifting, you are overtraining. Period. Next point is that you are not eating nearly enough. Put these two factors together and your body is in survival mode. This is making it nearly impossible to lose body bf.
How do you start the process over and get a consistent rate of fat loss? Notice how I said fat loss and not weight loss? Body weight will fluctuate very rapidly for a host of reasons, therefore you must not rely on the scale. It can be heartbreaking to see the scale hover around the same weight every single day. Right now I say to only weigh yourself every two weeks. When your metabolism is ripping again then you can weigh yourself every week. Just wait.​
Next thing you need to do is lower your training volume and or frequency. Since I do not know your routine/split I will give you some guidlines to work from. Three to four weight training session per week, max. Six sets per large muscle group ( chest, back, legs,and shoulders), four sets for small ( biceps, triceps, calves). Warm up properly, but do not burn yourself out with super high reps on warm up sets. I recommend compound movements, six to nine reps per set. Make every set count. Intensity is key. Try to increase your reps by one or two every week and add weight when needed to stay in the six to nine rep range. You can and will gain strength while dieting if you constantly beat the previous weeks best.​
Now about cardio. Do not go nuts on cardio! Give your diet a chance to work! If you start off doing an hour of cardio a day, seven days a week you will lose bf. You will also set yourself up for failure long term. When fat loss stalls what will you do to kick it up a notch? More cardio? I think not. Start off with no more than 120 mins of LISS or 40 mins of HIIT per week. There will be a point when you may need to increase the amount of cardio you perform, do this in small increments to break plateaus in fat loss.​
Now to the most important aspect of your fat loss plan: Diet! You just lost a tremendous amount of weight.Your body is freaking out! Refeed for five to seven days at 4000 to 4200 cals, which is at or only slightly above maintenance. You may even lose some bodyfat during this time which is pretty common after long periods on very low calories. Regardless this is very, very important. Starting at zero, fatloss will resume once you begin to reduce calories. This will be at 3500 calories a day. 40/40/20 should be a good place to start. That is 350g protein, 350g carbs, 78g fat. You should include some green veggies and mixed proteins from whole foods. Shakes should be consumed in emergencies or post-workout only. Try to avoid yogurt and milk because even though they may be low GI, they have a very high insulinic index. Drop the banana, the GI can vary dependent on ripeness and is always on the high side anyways. Good, clean carbs. This might seem like a lot of carbs, and it may be, so give it time. Healthy fats are a must! You may want to drop the pb and increase fish oils, evoo, and evco. Stay at 3500 cals for two weeks and see what happens. Bi weekly weigh ins, photos, and caliper readings are all options. You may or may not see an improvement, yet. You must be patient. Now you find what works for you. Lets start to cut.Starting week three drop 50g of carbs per day and add 25g of protein which puts us at 3400 cals a day.Here is an example of the first eight weeks.​
  1. Week 1-2 3500 calories 350p 350c 78f
  2. Week 3-4 3400 calories 375p 300c 78f
  3. Week 5-6 3300 calories 375p 275c 78f
    1. Week 7-8 3200 calories 375p 250c 78f
Burning fat yet? I think you will be. We still have yet to increase cardio which happens soon.Right now you need to reset your metabolism with a refeed at 3800 calories for one week. Then back into the cut. Starting back at 3300 calories a week and adding 20- 30 mins of cardio a week fatloss should be steady. The next cycle will look like this.
  1. Week 9 Refeed at 3800 calories 400p 375c 78f
  2. Week 10-11 3300 calories 400p 250c 78f + 20-30 mins cardio a week
  3. Week 12-13 3200 calories 400p 225c 78f
  4. Week 13-14 3100 calories 400p 200c 78f
  5. Week 15-16 3000 calories 400p 175c 78f
    1. Week 17 Start cycle over. Add 30 mins cardio/week if needed. It is also a good point to add thermogenics other supps/drugs to keep fatloss high. If you want long term steady fat loss add one at a time, spaced out.Instead of using all of your fat loss tools at once and burning out, methodically removing macro nutrients and adding cardio as well as supps/drugs leaves infinite possibilities to further facilitate fat loss and avoid metabolic shutdown. It works if you are patient. By the way I used a simple calculation to determine caloric needs. Body weight(14). Find a starting point and work from it. Good luck.
    Ckd will work when this ceases to cause fat loss. Great plateau buster.

primetime74

primetime74

Awards

Im with you, I think more calories is need to respark the metabolism. Not to mention he has been working out with weights so he may have gained some more muscle mass. Which means the muscles need to be fed. The only think I disagree with is the total. Id increase 250 for a few days and see what happens from there.