KimJong-il's new and crazy cake diet

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been eating like this for about 2 weeks, and loving it.

Low carb dieting has never been more enjoyable

This is what I ate today

1 cake = 2 eggs and 1 scoop econo protein w/ 2 splendas and 2 minutes in microwave

Breakfast 1 cake and 20 almonds

Pre-workout VPX Powershock

Post workout 40gram protein shake

90 minutes later post workout meal 1/3 pound chicken breast

90 minutes later 1/2 cake 20 almonds

90 minutes later 1/2 cake

60 minutes later 1/2 cake

30 minutes later 20 almonds and VPX powershock

2 hours later 1/2 cake

1 hour later 1/2 cake

pre-bed 1 cake

And i drink light cups of coffee all day, 4-6 cups with some half and half, so count a bunch of fat calories from that.

Some day I may eat an extra serving of meat, or eat an atkins bar.

I dont count calories, never do never did. Should be pretty easy to count though. Ive been dieting for 18 years, and as of the last few years I just really know what my body can or cant handle.

I consume 20gr bulk psyllium husks a night. I dont count those as carbs since it doesnt impact blood sugar.

Poopy time has been on the regular.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Progress since 2/2008

Was 211 pounds, right now Im 163 and feeling great.

Im 33 years old by the way

Before pics this post, After and very current pics next post.

Posting these just to help show that Im very serious about my dieting, and have good success with my experiments lately.

Where I just came from 2/2008

221 lbs !!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to have my meat meal for breakfast, since I train in the less than 3 hours after I get up I feel this is workout out for me better. Im still sticking to 1 OR 2 meat meals a day, just depends on what I feel like doing that day.

Today 10/31

breakfast
1/4lb chicken breast, cold out of fridge and plain
1/2 of a cake
20 almonds

pre-workout 1 scoop vpx powershock (bcaa's and eaa's nitrates)

immediate post workout
40 grams protein shake

30 minutes later
Atkins bar

2 hours post workout
1/4lb chicken breast
20 almonds

2 hours later
1/2 cake

2 hours later
1/2 cake
20 almonds

30 minutes later
1 powershock drink

90 minutes later
1 full cake

pre-bed
1 full cake
1/4

Also, 5 cups of light coffee all day, so plenty of half and half which is lots of yummy fats for energy (low carb dieting)

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
My only concern that I have with this is that it seems that a majority of calories are coming from your protein "cakes" and not actual food. Unless I am wrong (which I have been many times before) can't that lead to all sorts of problems including starvation mode, excess cortisol production, and prolly some other things that I can't think of ? While it may help you to get leaner it seems that in the longer run in may cause more harm then good, unless there's something I am missing ?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My only concern that I have with this is that it seems that a majority of calories are coming from your protein "cakes" and not actual food. Unless I am wrong (which I have been many times before) can't that lead to all sorts of problems including starvation mode, excess cortisol production, and prolly some other things that I can't think of ? While it may help you to get leaner it seems that in the longer run in may cause more harm then good, unless there's something I am missing ?
Im consuming 8-10 whole eggs a day with my cakes, and eating 1/4 to 1/2 a pound of meat a day.

I usually go though 10lbs of protein a month, what I did was find a way to combine my shakes with my food (the eggs)

Basically, Im getting around 100grams of solid food protein a day and my fats for energy are coming from egg yolk and half and half.

Lets look at my solid food protein from yesterday:
7 whole jumbo eggs = 49 grams of protein
1/2 pound of chicken = 70 grams of protein

So yesterday I had 119 grams of protein from real whole foods alone, not including a small quantity found in almonds.

Prior to this diet Id have a shake in the am, pre-workout, between meals, and before bed, I just dont drink shakes anymore but drink it post workout only. Its a tasty was of combining real food with the shakes I normally consume.

With this breakdown, does it make more reasonable to you??? I dont eat carbs ever, always keep it under 50grams a day year round, and not loading. I just feel better and more energetic when I keep my body at eating fat for energy instead of confusing it all the time.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what brand of protein are you using? post up a pic of the cakes in question?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what brand of protein are you using? post up a pic of the cakes in question?
Im using Lipotropic protein, and Myofusion.

Not going to post pics, sorry. I make pancakes too with the same ingredients when I want to change thing around a little.

Ms9

Awards
Please snap a picture of the cake and what flavor of protien do you use? I love cake!

EDIT: guess i should have hit refresh before posting this...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please snap a picture of the cake and what flavor of protien do you use? I love cake!

EDIT: guess i should have hit refresh before posting this...
Well....its nothing fancy, and it doesnt taste like the way you want cake to like it, but for a year round low carb dieter Im loving it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
E3 live, frozen liquid Klamath Lake blue green alga. Its superior to veggies.

I swear this stuff helped me pass college. This stuff makes me feel better, where veggies dont seem to do anything to my sense of well being in any way shape or form.

If you get E3 live, get the frozen liquid kind, the pills just dont do it.

I had some girl try it out who used to work with me at the health food store, and she smoked a cigarette and ended up in the hospital, lol

The chlorophyll content is very stong in algae, so she somehow had a reaction with nicotine being super transported through her system.

Id rather drink this, than eat vegetables. Vegatables are not as nutritious as they used to be, unless you buy local organic.

Fruits, vegetables not as nutritious as 50 years ago
http://www.seattlepi.com/health/261163_veggie01.html

Grocery store Vegetables are not as nutritious as they used to be?
http://www.cheapvegetablegardener.com/2009/02/grocery-store-vegetables-are-not-as.html

Also, eggs, almonds, chicken all have nutrition involved with them.

quote from about.com
"Egg Nutrition
Eggs contain several important nutrients:

* Choline is necessary for healthy cell membranes in all of your body, and will help your body keep homocysteine levels down. Choline is also good for your mental function and memory.
* Selenium is a mineral that your body needs for a strong immune system and it is a powerful antioxidant.
* B vitamins folate and riboflavin are necessary for your body to convert the foods you eat into energy. Folate also reduces homocysteine levels and is important for prevention of birth defects.
* Vitamin A is important for good night vision, general cell growth and for healthy skin.
* Vitamin E is an antioxidant that works well with vitamin C and selenium to prevent damage to your body from free radicals.
* Lutein and zeaxanthin are related to vitamin A and are found in the yellow pigment of the egg yolk. Lutein and zeaxanthin are concentrated in the retina of your eye and will help prevent macular degeneration."

You can even debate that the chemicals in veggies these days make it more of a hazard than good.

For digestion I drink 15-20 grams of bulk psyllium husks a night.

I do eat veggies in cycles, mainly because I like them, but after a while I get tired of them as well.

I may get organic broccoli at some point soon, for a while I was steaming them daily, but Im just tired of them right now. Times like this call for a bottle of E3 live from my health food store.

Remember I eat almonds too, here is the nutrition content of them, they are a great food!

http://www.nutsforalmonds.com/nutrition.htm

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an update:

Caught myself eating too many almonds...so since yesterday Ive added a big plate of steamed veggies to help control appetite.

Im using peas, string beans, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

Just mixing in frozen veggies and adding a sprinkle of soy sauce and sesame oil.

Im up about a pound and a half, but I added creatine to my diet about a week ago, so this is nothing alarming to me.

Still eating 4-5 servings of cake a day, and 1/4 to 1/2 pound of plain chicken a day and loving it.

I now cook my cake for 3 minutes and make it extra dry, but add low carb chocolate syrup and a small later of whip cream. Its mightily delicious.