Paleo Recipe Collection Thread

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally I LOVE to cook! And quite frankly if I don't cook in my house than I won't eat as healthy as I would like to. My wife doesn't try and diet at all. One of those people who can eat, eat, and eat and doesn't gain a pound. So being an endomorph and on a quest to loose weight along with maintain a healthy body I usually do most of the cooking and grocery shopping in my house. This thread will be simply a collection of my favorite recipes and I will continue to add recipes as I try them out. I eat using a modified version of the Paleo Diet. The basic idea of the diet is grain free and also no dairy, beans/legumes, potatoes, sugar and fake foods. I do cut out grains such as cereals, oats, rice, etc However, I do occionally have dairy such as cheese or yogurt in my diet but it is not a big huge part of it and I also allow a limited amount of potatoes (red and sweet potatoes). Feel free to add in any recipes you think are good and fit these guidelines.. no sugar, no wheat, no flour, no gluten, etc.

Lets try and limit conversations in the thread. If you have questions on the diet you can read from the below links and if you still have questions or problems with it please start another thread. Lets try and keep this on topic to strictly recipes

More info on the Paleo diet can be found here..
http://www.paleodiet.com/definition.htm

and for a more modified paleo diet information can be found here..
www.marksdailyapple.com

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sun-Dried Tomato Salmon

Ingredients
• 4 Salmon Filets (6oz each), cooked
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
• 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
• Salt and Pepper

Directions
1. Cook salmon separately (In the oven, wrapped in aluminum foil, at 350 degrees
F for 30 minutes)
2. In a food processor or blender, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt,
and pepper. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
3. Unwrap the salmon once cooked. Top with the sundried-
tomato mixture and serve.

Nutritional Facts
• Calories: 301
• Protein: 34g
• Carbohydrates: 3g
• Fat: 17g

I added a side of spinach to my meal. It was a great twist on fish. I usually cook my fish with old bay, lemon juice, butter, and garlic so it was nice to have something different

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Banana Pancakes

2.5 Bananas
2 tbsp almond meal
1 scoop vanillia egg protein mix
2 whole eggs

Just mix and cook like pancakes.

They were freaking delicious!!! I got the idea from wearedbleedblues' Transition to paleo log. The are super sweet because of the banana so no sugar or syrup needed. I just rolled them up and ate them while driving to school

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant miss a thread about food will be back later.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grilled Potatoe Fries

10 oz. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
4 oz. cremini or baby bella mushrooms, quartered
1 small onion, cut into chunks
1/4 cup olive oil
8 large garlic cloves, quartered
1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Light a charcoal or gas fire. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Meanwhile, measure out three 20-inch-long sheets of 12-inch-wide foil and overlap two of them in a cross pattern. Mound the potato mixture in the middle of the cross and spread it out into a square that's about 1-1/2 inches deep all around. Fold the ends of the foil in and wrap the package tightly. Wrap the third piece of foil around the package to seal.
When the grill is medium hot, put the package on the grate directly over the hottest part. Cover the grill, making sure that the top and bottom vents are open (if using a charcoal grill). Cook for 20 minutes. Using tongs, turn the package over and cook for another 20 minutes. If your fire is very hot, shorten the cooking times by a couple of minutes on both sides. If it's cooler, lengthen the total cooking time to 45 to 50 minutes.
Open the package carefully with tongs; the steam will be very hot. The potatoes are done when they feel tender when pierced and some are deep brown and charred. Kept wrapped, they'll stay warm off the grill for 15 to 20 minutes.

I used dried rosemary instead and I think I may have put a tad too much but it was still delicious just had a strong flavor to it. The mushrooms, onions, and potatoes go real good together especially grilled.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Indian Style Chicken

Yogurt
cumin
paprika
a clove of garlic
cilantro
1 cup of cream
1 can of tomato sauce
a jalapeno
cinnamon
cayenne
black pepper
ginger
chicken thighs

You'll need to marinate the chicken for a day to make it taste correctly, so make sure you plan this meal in advance.

Combine 1 cup of yogurt, 1 tbs of lemon juice, 2 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 2 tsp cayenne, 2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tbs of ginger. into a container and make sure as much of the chicken is covered in the marinade as possible.

Place your marinated chicken on a broiler pan covered with foil. Trust me, use the foil. The marinade will carmelize and be a huge pain to clean if you don't. Put the chicken in the broiler for about 20 minutes, flipping them at the 10 minute mark.

While that cooks, melt 1 tbs of in a large pan and sautee 1 clove of grated garlic and a chopped jalapeno (I kept the seeds in for heat) for a minute. When the garlic looks clear, add the tomato sauce, 1 cup of cream, 2 tsp of paprika, and 2 tsp of cumin and mix it together until it is one uniform consistency.

By the time that's done your chicken should be about done. If not, turn the heat off of the sauce so it doesn't burn. Whenever your chicken is finished, cut it into bite size pieces and toss it in the sauce.

Let that simmer for a few minutes and then plate it up! As you can see I used some dairy in here (yogurt and cream) so this recipe is about 75% truly paleo, but man is it good. It's better than an all out cheat, so if you're into Indian food, give it a shot

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grilled Chicken with Walnut Pesto Sauce

Chicken
3-4 Chicken Breasts
some cracked black pepper

Pesto Sauce
4 oz fresh basil (3 ½ cups)
1 cup walnut halves and pieces
6 garlic cloves
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
Juice from ½ a lemon

Heat your grill over medium high heat for approximately 10 min. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with either the Trader Joe’s seasoning or with just some black pepper. Turn grill down to low and place the chicken on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 7-10 minutes. Flip the chicken, close the lid, and grill for another 7-10 minutes. Remove the chicken and cover with tinfoil and set aside. Now it’s time for the pesto. In a food processor add the walnuts, garlic, sea salt, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add the basil and lemon juice and process again until smooth. Slice the chicken and spoon the pesto sauce on top to serve.

Now I didn't have any walnuts on hand so I used pine nuts instead. It was pretty good still. Had a more nutty taste than if I would have used walnuts I think

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Banana Dessert

3 bananas
1 can coconut milk
3 eggs
Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except for cinnamon in a mixer and mix well.
2. Pour into custard or souffle cups (coffee cups or other oven safe containers work fine if you don’t have custard cups).
3. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes. Custard will balloon a bit and you may see some liquid… its ok, it will work itself out.
5. Chill.
6. Serve and enjoy.

It was freaking delicious, especially considering it is sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free. OMG!! But be carefull it is very easy to over eat with this. It makes for a nice dinner dessert or a dessert you can serve if you have friends over and still be able to maintain your diet.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Sweet and Spicy Coconut Chicken

1 lb chicken breast (natural, not frozen)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium lime
cinnamon
cayenne pepper
minced garlic
pepper

Sounds strange I know... But You cook the chicken and garlic in the coconut oil, and about halfway through you start squeezing lime juice into the pan and let the chicken cook with that too. Then you throw in your pepper, cayenne, and just a HINT of cinnamon.

I was feeling creative one day and made this for myself and the girlfriend... We both love it.. It's absolutely delicious. Goes great with cauliflower rice...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To add to southercharms recipe (Which looks delicious BTW and I will be trying tonite) if you aren't familiar with cauliflour rice here is a quick recipe. Please note this is just one veration of it you can make this faux rice other ways as well.

Cauliflower Rice

1 head cauliflower (or however much you want)
2T olive oil

Optional Spices and Seasoning:
1/2 t. ground curry
1 green onion, finely chopped
dash each of cayenne pepper, sea salt, ground black pepper
1 T. olive oil

Instructions

1. Microwave cauliflower on high in a covered dish to soften it, checking it once a minute until it has softened. DO NOT ADD WATER, as it will become gummy. There is plenty of moisture in the cauliflower.

2. Process the cauliflower in a food processor until it is the size of rice or couscous, either using a plain steel blade or a shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even a knife. The key is to make it fine.

3. Saute the cauliflower in a pan with oil and any additional seasonings you desire--garlic, ginger, tamari wheat-free sauce, curry, or just pepper.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Huevos Rancheros Con Bistek (Steak And Rachero Style Eggs)

Use either skirt steak, or really thin sirloin.. Flank works too

1 lb of steak, grilled
1 whole onion, grilled in organic butter
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped OR 1 can no sugar added crushed tomatoes
minced garlic
pepper
eggs (this is up to you...Fried over easy, etc.. up to you. I like mine poached or fried)

Start off with some oil or butter in a saucepan. Add garlic. fry garlic for a few minutes and then add half of the onion and the tomatoes. Fry the tomatoes in the same oil on med-high heat. Lower heat and top with lid. Let stew.

Grill the steaks on a foreman, a grill, a skillet, or flat griddle. Any way you'd like. They're thin, so keep an eye on them. Spice with pepper garlic and a hint of parsley.

Saute other half of onion for the steak. Cook eggs.

Top the steak with onions, the eggs, and then finally the ranchero sauce. Epic.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright I guess I will add my very simple post workout carb up.

Sweet potato banana mash :D
Microwave a sweet potato for 6-10 minutes depending on the size of the potato. Cut it in half and store 1 half for later. Microwave a banana for a minute depending on how mushy u want ur banana. Stack the banana on the half of sweet potato. Then use a fork to mash them together. U dont need to add anything to this but I like to add cinnamon for taste and insulin resistance effects.

Sweet potato, I like to use coconut oil on sweet potatoes and cinnamon can be added.

Microwaved banana, I like to cook the banana for a minute and 20 seconds. Makes it real mushy and then I sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Can u tell I really like cinnamon? lol

NOTE* dont let banana sit long after it cooks. Obviously let it cool a little, but not too long or else it isnt as good.

Last edited:
SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Stuffed Peppers

2 large bell peppers (i believe green have least carbs?) - cut the tops off
1 lb of lean ground beef
1/2 onion
1/3 cup diced pimento
minced garlic
worcestirshire pepper (ohh yeaahh)
hint oregano
chili powder
2 eggs, beaten

Mix everything together and split the "stuffing" into two. Stuff the peppers and put them in a glass pan. Bake in the oven on 325 for 30-45 minutes. Different size peppers will take different amounts of time to allow the meat to cook fully.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Primal Thai Beef

The beef and vegetable mixture:
1 lb ground beef
1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 small red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced

The sauce:
3 tablespoons almond butter
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1-2 tablespoons coconut milk
1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper

For sprinking on top:
½ cup cilantro
2 green onions, sliced

12 romaine lettuce leaves (optional)

Brown the beef in a large skillet. When the beef is about halfway done, add the vegetables and cook until beef is cooked through and peppers are tender-crisp.

Meanwhile, mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl.

When the beef mixture is done cooking, add in the sauce and mix together. Spoon onto romaine lettuce leaves or eat as is.

Serves 4

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Primal Pizza

1 lb shredded fresh eggplant
1/2 cup (60 grams) shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour (1/2 cup almond flour total can be used if no coconut flour)
1 egg white
seasonings of choice (I used oregano and basil with a sprinkle of mrs. dash)
oil or butter (to grease the parchment and baking sheet or you can use nonstick aluminium foil)

1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.

2. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet lined with a large sheet of greased parchment paper.

3. Use your hands to pat and form the ‘dough’ until it is approximately ¼ inch thick and your desired shape. I like to make either one large round pizza or two smaller individual pizzas.

4. Sprinkle 1tbsp cheese over the crust to keep to together and add a slight crisp.

4. Bake crust at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.

5. As you hold the parchment, flip the pizza crust over onto the greased or non-stick baking sheet. Add another tbsp of cheese to the new side also. Discard the parchment and return the crust to the oven for 5-10 more minutes or until crust looks golden brown or almost burnt along the edges.

6. Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.

7. Top the crust with your favorite toppings and bake at 250 degrees until toppings are melted and or heated to your taste.

Serves 2 (1 if you're hungry)

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Green Egg Primal Sandwich Bread
This recipe makes approximately 6 ‘pancakes’ – enough for 3 sandwiches.

4 eggs
2 cups baby spinach (packed)
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup raw almonds
salt and pepper to taste
any other seasonings you want (I use onion powder to give the flavor of onion to the bread)

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes to thicken. Lightly spray a nonstick pan with grapeseed oil spray (you could also use butter or coconut oil). Pour enough batter onto the skillet to make a pancake that is roughly 5 inches in diameter. Depending on the size of your pan, you may be able to cook more than one at a time. Cook over medium heat until firm enough to flip (about a minute and a half). Flip and cook until cooked through.

If you want thinner pieces of bread that are less "cakey" you can press the pancake down firmly after you have flipped it over. It will take the air and sponginess out of it.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
My go to egg scramble

9 eggs
200g spinach (4-5 cups packed)
3 chicken apple sausages (any sausages will do)
Salt, pepper, seasoning

Cut up sausages and put in a large pan with 1tbsp oil of choice or butter. Cook over medium heat. While sausage cooks, put spinach in large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Dump onto a cutting board and mince up finely. Stir sausages around and crack the 9 eggs and scramble them. Put spinach into the pan and evenly mix with sausage. Add in the eggs and cook to desired doneness. Sprinkle with s&p and/or seasonings of choice (I use Mrs. Dash Garlic blend on pretty much everything).

I break this into 3 servings and refrigerate the two I don't eat at the time. Eggs reheat well in my opinion.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Raw Pineapple Cheesecake
Crust
1.5 cups of raw unsalted almonds
6 dates, pitted
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

Filling
1 cup raw unsalted cashews
2 cups fresh pineapple
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup of raw honey
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor and blend with an S-blade until the crust clumps together on the sides. Pour crust ingredients into a 9” pie plate and flatten out from the center to the sides. Put aside. Combine all the filling ingredients in a blender and blend until pourable. Pour filling into pie plate over crust and let sit in the fridge for 1.5 hours – 2 hours or until filling hardens. Serve cold.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Raw Pineapple Cheesecake
Crust
1.5 cups of raw unsalted almonds
6 dates, pitted
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

Filling
1 cup raw unsalted cashews
2 cups fresh pineapple
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup of raw honey
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor and blend with an S-blade until the crust clumps together on the sides. Pour crust ingredients into a 9” pie plate and flatten out from the center to the sides. Put aside. Combine all the filling ingredients in a blender and blend until pourable. Pour filling into pie plate over crust and let sit in the fridge for 1.5 hours – 2 hours or until filling hardens. Serve cold.
I'm trying a new pumpkin pie recipe soon. I'll post it if it turns out well.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome thread man! You would def like my thread on the Zone diet and would prolly like the thread I did on nutrition as well. Check them out of you are interested. I'll be following this one for sure.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/114810-zone-meal-week.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/92572-fuel-talk-pt.html
Bout to go to bed but I skimmed through them. Defienetly gonna try a couple of the recipes from the first link. I have found some meals that I like and are quick and easy so I developed a couple "go to" meals so I havent been experimenting and trying new things like I was when I first started but gonna try and add in one or two new meals a week.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
What I hate about this thread is that its not a good idea to look at while hungry LOL!!! Definitely book marking this, I love cooking and trying new things.. If I can master making a Thai chili based paste from scratch I will be content and can mix it up with some of thes recipes.

Good stuff, thanks!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My dinner last night

Apple and dijon glazed pork chops

4 x 5-6oz pork loin steaks

Marinade Recipe:
2 tbsp organic unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried sage
1/4 tsp black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.

Add the pork steaks and coat. Cover and refrigerate. Marinade for at least 4 hours to overnight.

When ready to cook, remove from fridge 30 minutes before cooking to let return to room temperature.

While meat is coming back to room temp, make the carrot and parsnip mash. Keep warm in sauce pan on the stove.

Preheat skillet on medium high for 1 minute.Season chops with S&P on both sides.

Drizzle olive oil and sear pork for 3 minutes each side.

Let rest for 1 minute once cooked.

Serve with some carrot/parsnip mash and sauteed spinach

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carrot Parsnip Mash

Serves 4
3 parsnips – peeled & chopped
3 carrots – peeled & chopped
3 tbsp. broth
1 tbsp. olive oil
S&P to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Boil the parsnips & carrots together and when cooked, mash.

Add in your broth & olive oil to smooth.

Taste & season.

I like to keep it a little chunky but if you prefer a smoother consistency you can puree it.
Welcome to Sunday lunch.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PENANG CHICKEN (one of my favorites)
Courtesy of Primordial Performance Iron Kitchen
Ingredients
1 chicken breast
1/2 Cup coconut Milk
1 Tbsp garlic
1 Tsp curry
2 Tbsp fish Sauce
10 basil leaves

1. Cut chicken breast into 1/2''-1'' pieces
2. Pour coconut milk garlic, and curry into sauce pan until it comes to a light boil
3. Add fish sauce and chicken, rotate until chicken is cooked through
4. Add basil leaves and simmer for 2 minutes

Calories - 536
Fat - 28g
Carbs - 7g
Fiber - 2g
Protein - 55g

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chicken Bacon Roulade (Can't even tell you how good this is!)
Courtesy of Primordial Performance Iron Kitchen

Ingredients:
3 Strips of Bacon
1 Chicken Breast
1oz Parmesan
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced or Chopped)

How to cook:

1. Place chicken breast between two syran wrap sheets
2. Using a heavy meat mallet or a pan, hit the chicken breast till it is a 1/4'' thick
3. Place bacon strips, asparagus, garlic, and some parmesan on the inside of the chicken breast
4. Slowly roll the chickne breast from one side to the other.
5. Heat a skillet on high with olive oil, when oil is shimmery place the chicken slit end down and sear the meat till its golden brown.
6. Heat oven to 350 Degrees and place chicken in same skillet cook for 10-15 minutes

Calories - 310
Fat - 6g
Carbs - 2
Protein - 42

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Crustless, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
http://glutenfreeeasily.com/crustless-gluten-free-pumpkin-pie/

2 eggs
1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin or 2 cups cooked fresh pumpkin (I used fresh pumpkin, hence, the lighter color and fresh pumpkin also provides a much lighter taste in my opinion)
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk (one regular-sized can)
¼ cup gluten-free flour (your choice—your favorite single flour or a mix; sift if needed)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease pie plate and set aside. In large bowl, beat eggs slightly; mix in remaining ingredients. Bake 15 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake until knife or toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer. (Pies made with fresh pumpkin may take slightly longer to bake due to higher moisture content.)

I really enjoyed this. I also have a pumpkin cheesecake thats gluten free but it takes a little longer because it requires you to make GF graham crackers for the crust.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is the recipe I used for my stir fry last night. The original recipe was for stuffed peppers but I decided to just slice up the peppers and sauté them with the mushrums and garlic instead and then just mixed it all together. And I added way more bacon to my version :food:

ENJOY

I didnt take any pics (sorry)

Primal Stuffed Peppers

3 Bell Peppers cut in half
1 lb of grass fed beef
6 cloves of minced garlic
1 can of diced tomatoes
8 oz of baby bella mushrooms
paprika
Italian seasoning
Red pepper flakes
Mozzarella cheese
4 slices of slightly overdone bacon (for crumbling at least that's what I told myself after burning it)

When buying your bell peppers, look for peppers with large flat sides. This will keep them from rolling around and spilling out their contents. Cut the peppers in half and pull the seeds out. Try and keep the stem intact. It isn't edible, but it helps to keep the juices from the filling from spilling. You'll want to rinse them and let them dry over a towel for a few minutes.

Think of the filling as a really chunky spaghetti sauce. Start by browning the beef and sauteeing the mushrooms. Use whatever fat you want for sauteeing. I just used the bacon grease and some of the fat that rendered off of the beef.

The beef should brown just about the same time that the mushrooms are done. Add the tomatoes, garlic, crumbled bacon, and spices into a large pan or wok and stir.

Let that simmer for about 2 minutes. After that, I drained some of the liquid off to avoid making a stew. Finally, fill the peppers with the beef mixture, cover them with cheese, and throw them in the broiler for about 2-3 minutes.

Keep a close eye on the broiler. You don't want these guys to burn after all your hard work! I rotated my peppers halfway through since my broiler doesn't broil very evenly. I really enjoy the taste of a nearly raw pepper with that delicious, juicy filling inside. The crunch of the peppers is a nice addition to a pretty crunchless primal cuisine.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Made some jalapeño poppers the other day and they were pretty tasty snack.

Basically you slice the pepper in half and gut the seeds.

Fill with cream cheese

Put halves back together

Wrap with bacon

And place in oven on a cookie sheet

My bacon strips were pretty long so they ended up wrapping around the pepper twice and as a result I don't think the bacon cooked fully in some parts. I should have used only a half slice of bacon when wrapping but then that would have meant less bacon and that was unacceptable to me!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stole this recipe from a blog and since it is Paleo friendly I thought I would share it with ya.

Link to original article

Meat Sauce over Spaghetti Squash

(Based on my Aunt’s recipe from her region of Basilicata in Italy)

- In a large 6 quart pot or Dutch oven put 2 to 3 tablespoons of high quality olive oil and put at least a half of teaspoon of crushed red pepper to infuse it into the oil. (I use quite a bit more as we both love spicy foods!)

- Sauté 4 large Sausages in the oil and pepper (casing removed) for about 10 minutes. I use US Wellness Grass-fed Italian Beef Sausage (link to US Wellness Meats).

- Cover with ground or powered garlic. Lightly cover the entire area of meat.

- With a nod to Mario Batali, the last few times I have added 3/4 of a cup of red wine. My Mother would not approve, but it did give an extra richness to the sauce. If you use the wine, first cook it down for 10-15 minutes over the meat before you add the tomatoes.

- Meanwhile, split a spaghetti squash in half and bake it on a cookie sheet face down for approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover the cookie sheet barely with water so the squash steams in it. It’s done when you can easily stick a fork into the hard shell. You will use a fork to scrape the squash out of the shell. It looks a bit like angel hair pasta!

- Now add two 28 ounce cans of crushed or diced tomatoes. I love San Marzano tomatoes, considered to be the best tomatoes in the world! (link to San Marzano Tomatoes).

- Fill one of the cans with water and add to the sauce. More water can be added, but to get a rich tomato taste don’t water it down.

- Then add a small 6 oz. can of tomato paste, and mushrooms if you like. Cook it down for a bit.

- Cover the top with Oregano

- Cover the top with Parsley

- Cover the top with a good Sea Salt

- Add a pinch of fennel seeds

- Go very lightly with Basil (too much makes it sweet) maybe a pinch or two

- Eoungh Parmesan cheese to cover the top (you can skip this if you don’t want to eat dairy).

- If you use fresh spices use more as they are not as intense.

- Now simmer the sauce for about 3 hours

- Don’t let it boil or a lot of your sauce will evaporate

- Serve over Spaghetti Squash

It tastes even better the next day!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using almond meal and the stuff is GREAT! It is a great alternative for bread crumbs IMO

So far I made chicken and fish with it. Just dip in egg and roll in the almond meal and then bake or fry.

Also I made a meatloaf the other day using almond meal instead of the breadcrumbs. I will post p the meat loaf recipe later but basically I took some sun dried tomatoes, EVOO, and garlic and threw it into the food processor and mixed all together and then mixed that into the ground meat (beef or turkey) along with the almond meal. It was pretty good and all Paleo.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
OMG this thread is amazing.... im not totally paleo, but i rarely eat cheese/milk and i cant eat gluten at all... this thread is a godsend

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I second that! This thread is sweet. Particularly those banana pancakes, those are awesome!

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!!! These look awesome and will hopefully help my wife get on board with the paleo diet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Great thread!!!

If it comes in a box, eat the box... it probably has more fiber.