Are the fats in soy nuts healthy??

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I get Roasted Soy Nuts (only ingredients) from Whole Foods and only eat when I need a crunchy fix.

They have 6 grams of fat per serving. 3.5 PUFA's, 1 saturated, 1.5 mono-unsat.

Are these pufa's healthy?

Chest

Awards
Yeah my man pufas are the fats you want to eat. example omega 3 and omega six. they have tons of health benefits so enjoy lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sweet! Thanks

Chest

Awards
no prob man, a couple days agioi had some roasted edamame and they were delicious and filling man i suggest you try it out

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yummmmmmm

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Yeah my man pufas are the fats you want to eat. example omega 3 and omega six. they have tons of health benefits so enjoy lol
Omega 6 are not healthy fats, at least not in the context of a modern diet. Monounsaturated fats are the healthiest "fats" for you. Omega 3 DHA and EPA are the healthiest fatty acids generally. You also need omega 9 and GLA is a very good fatty acid for you.

As far as soy is concerned. As long as its not GMO (genetically modified), soy can be alright. Soy does contain a lot of flavinoids that can mimic estrogen though. Here are some "ideas" about soy. I don't agree with all of them but overall I think soy is crap. It was grown as fertilizer for a long while before people started consuming it in soybean form. Fermented soy is alright though.

http://gretabfit.typepad.com/gretabfit/2009/08/im-rethinking-soyand-so-should-you.html

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dang. Well done thanks!

mumbles12

Awards
sure, but mainly polyunsaturated I think, so like all fats, its bad in excess/ratios to other fats, need a balance of all of them but that is hard to achieve..