Healty Burger?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on your definition of "healthy." I rock 93/7 for some nice burgers and often do them without a bun and with a slice of fat free cheese. You could opt for wrapping it in lettuce if you're trying to watch carbs, or just go with some Ezekiel bread or at the very least whole grain bread.

There are also some turkey burgers that aren't too bad. Just make sure you read the nutritional info because some have just as much fat as beef.

Garnish with pickles, onions, tomatoes and/or mustard - great way to add taste and not calories. If you want ketchup, they have reduced sugar ketchup and just use a small amount; don't pour it on.

headend

Awards
I do it a couple of ways, depends on how you want to prepare it. I always make a few days supply at a time because I don't like to cook all that often.

If you have access to a grill outside the leaner the better. I will buy the 97/3 from Walmart and cook that on the grill and it is great.

If cooking inside and pan frying I usually go with ground sirloin (90/10) simply because anything leaner that that is just a pain in the ass to cook (with my limited skills).

I like to stuff my burgers with jalapeños as well, they don't add much except for sodium and make them taste great. I stack it with more jalapeño, some skim milk cheese, lettuce, and Claussen pickles, and ketsup on a whole grain/multi grain sandwich thin. Overall a pretty healthy and mighty tasty burger.

The turkey burger option exists but it is kinda dry imo, and gets even more dry with each day it sets.

bayboi

Awards
i only eat turkey burgers now very rarely do i eat red meat now so i grill a turkey burger eat it with wheat bread lettuce tomato mustard wit a bunch of veggies green beans or salad best thing going man i love it i use 0% fat made by jennie o

Beast20

Beast20

Awards
What about Morningstar veggie patties or burger?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's unhealthy about a 93% burger? I eat them all the time with an egg to hold it together and it fits well into my macros.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Morningstar veggie burgers are probably the best option. Anything that has a list of ingredients longer than your arm with more unpronounceable words than an upper level biochemistry book is healthy in my book.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Yea Morningstar makes awsome burgers! The black bean burgers are also very delicious. I usually make tuna burgers with a can of tuna fish, 1 egg, a little bit of oatmeal or Matzo Meal to hold it together, finely diced onion and a dash of garlic powder. Broil them bad boys for a few minutes or on the burner and im in heaven!!! I suggest for anyone that likes tuna fish! You can also make it into a tuna melt but i dont roll like that with the cheese.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe ill try veggies patties..thanks for the reply
I guessed everyone missed the sarcasm in wearedbleedblue's post. That stuff is so highly process and has so many chemical and additives that there's no way that it is healthy.

Seriously, get some 93% lean beef and make burgers out of those.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, get some 93% lean beef and make burgers out of those.
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one. Rodja is on the money here.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I don't think if they WERE healthy that I could even try to stomach those b*tches! If I want veggies, I'll eat a salad. I've always been a meat n potatoes guy.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
My post was sarcastic. Morningstar burgers are probably the LEAST healthy burger. If you want a veggie option, you could mix up beans/lentils and other vegetables and make a veggie burger but the crap they try to pass off as a veggie burger isn't anything close to vegetables.

I 100% agree, 93% lean ground beef makes a fine burger. In fact, I will be eating one tonight for dinner.