How many can relate to this???

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for sure! i hate how people constantl will bug you about what you are eating or give you a a hard time "o just have some it aint gonna kill you" "dont u eat anything" and y this y that, its just annoying, people dont understand great video

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
lol just have a piece of this fatass fudge cheesecake and why are you drinking DIET COKE? ewww lol. I took this girl to subway for lunch and she orders like a ham on white.. shes an athelete so im like you should def try wheat bread. "ewwww.. how can you eat that?" lol

they will never understand..

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Athletes aren't physique competitors. White bread won't kill you, contrary to popular belief. Athleticism refers to something else completely than how to put weight on your body. I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm an athlete. We need more than those 6 foods to get by. You couldn't possibly get all the nutrition needed to make it at any high level of athletics eating only those foods. From a purely nutritional standpoint, I don't see how he can say that brown rice and sweet potatoes are even on the same level, let alone the same. Sweet potatoes >>>>> brown rice. Is he even a successful competitor? He just sounds like a whiny punk to me. Maybe, just maybe is this guy justified, he does at least compete. But for the people on these boards...why worry about food that damn much? A little bit here and there won't drastically affect your body. If you eat clean 90% of the time, you'll be fine.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i do agree with that statement unless ur pre contest then u really do gotta watch everyhting but in teh offseason you def. dont need to be so strict

Ession

Awards
Yeah it only matters if you have some medical condition like diabetes ...

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Athletes aren't physique competitors. White bread won't kill you, contrary to popular belief. Athleticism refers to something else completely than how to put weight on your body. I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm an athlete. We need more than those 6 foods to get by. You couldn't possibly get all the nutrition needed to make it at any high level of athletics eating only those foods. From a purely nutritional standpoint, I don't see how he can say that brown rice and sweet potatoes are even on the same level, let alone the same. Sweet potatoes >>>>> brown rice. Is he even a successful competitor? He just sounds like a whiny punk to me. Maybe, just maybe is this guy justified, he does at least compete. But for the people on these boards...why worry about food that damn much? A little bit here and there won't drastically affect your body. If you eat clean 90% of the time, you'll be fine.
Oh i didnt imply by any means that your average athelete should eat like this guy. I also didnt say white bread will kill you lol. It is, however, detrimental over time to one's body.. refined, simple sugars cause that insulin spike which can contribute to DM and damage vessels. Much better choice to consume complex carbs than simple, processed stuff every day.

I dont remain exclusive to these same foods.. but my diet is pretty monotonous, and I get all the micro and macro nutrients i need.

Ill agree hes a bit compulsive but why knock it? If you eat 90% clean, good for you. I believe he said hes about to compete.. i never said you cant cheat every once in awhile. Lighten up dude..

Yeah it only matters if you have some medical condition like diabetes ...
Like i said, eating sugary processed food everyday can surely contribute to the disease. There are times and conditions during the day when its fine and dandy to eat them.

naturalgainer

naturalgainer

Awards
  • Established
I always get weird looks and the thats so nasty when people see me drink my shake with oats and olive oil.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
I think it's just easier to maintain a good diet if you don't falter. Being fit is a lifestyle choice, not a temporary diet change.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
i don't deprive my self from eating...i balance the time i ate a lot and the i ate less...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great post. Its a lifestyle, not a hobby like many thinks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
However, it is also hard to say that not having an optimal physique is going to help. In a pure aesthetics realm, I agree with you in so far as to say it doesn't matter if you have a Christmas tree or peaked biceps, but having an optimal body composition is huge for athletics. I eat the same 10 or so foods everyday (eggs, ground beef, chicken breast, Basmati rice, broccoli, pineapple, red potatoes, tomatoes, raisins, and green beans) and I have for years now.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
People are always going to hate, let them hate.

I get made fun of from time to time because of my diet. I eat clean about 90% of the time and enjoy life the way I figure life should be enjoyed.

Although it does get quite annoying when my family and girl dig in on me for it.

Frogman

Frogman

Banned
Awards
I've been eating the same foods for well over 8 years now. I get sh*t from some, but most understand that I am who I am and that I am not going to change for them.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amen brotha!
I've been eating the same foods for well over 8 years now. I get sh*t from some, but most understand that I am who I am and that I am not going to change for them.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I have never done a contest so my diet isn't nearly as clean as that guys, however the changes I have made to my diet have also reflected on my family. Items such as wheat, brown rice, sweet potato, diet colas, are simple changes that will provide results in most people.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I eat the same 10 or so foods everyday (eggs, ground beef, chicken breast, Basmati rice, broccoli, pineapple, red potatoes, tomatoes, raisins, and green beans) and I have for years now.
same here.. you know what you can eat and get optimal nutrients from and stay healthy and maintian your body comp. And you know not to stray from it and would probably be able to tell in the mirror if you did for too long..

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, this is an awesome post, I can definitely relate, I just wish I would have found this sooner! I totally agree with the "Haters" comment!!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can kinda relate to this but at the same time i cant
i can relate to this because i too follow a strict diet and my family b1tches to me about it, but at the same time my taste buds have adjust so that i am able to enjoy the food that i eat. My taste buds weirdly enough can make oats taste sweet and can bring flavors out of veggies and other foods that most people prolly cant taste. so for me i am able to live life and come closer to achieving me goals.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Good thread. Eating is so simple when you remove the craving for taste.

Whats hilarious is that three quarters of the people that comment that "that is gross" or "how can you eat that everyday", are the ones with weight problems. Most lean, fit (not even athletic) people understand about food consumption.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can kinda relate to this but at the same time i cant
i can relate to this because i too follow a strict diet and my family b1tches to me about it, but at the same time my taste buds have adjust so that i am able to enjoy the food that i eat. My taste buds weirdly enough can make oats taste sweet and can bring flavors out of veggies and other foods that most people prolly cant taste. so for me i am able to live life and come closer to achieving me goals.
I definitely agree, I find that when I am eating clean, I really enjoy my foods natural flavors a lot more!

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Ha the guy in this video was on superhuman radio this morning. David pulcinella. He was talking about "the 6 foods that work" so I immediately looked up this old thread. Somebody in the thread said it was just some whiney nobody.
PULCINELLA_03.jpg

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's a pretty big and ripped Whiney Nobody, LoL!!!