Liver Question

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I just got a call from my doc saying that the blood test I had done last week showed that my liver enzymes are slightly elevated. He told me to discontinue all medicine like IB profen acvil etc, and no alcohol. He ordered an unltrsound just to make sure, and repeat blood work in 6 weeks. I very rarely drink alcohol. The only supplements I am taking is Creatine Mono, Multi-V, Xtend. Is there a possibility that these could be a reason. I also had a series of headaches the week before my test, and was taking a decent amount of IB Profen and I am hoping that is all it is. . . .Any thoughts fellas?

AST: 102
ALT: 83

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably the IB, how much were you taking?

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I have a high tolerance for it, and try to never take it unless I absolutly have to. I was taking about 800mg. My test was a tuesday morning and I took one 800mg dose sunday night and another monday afternoon.

Bacya

Awards
It is probably the creatine. I was taking creatine monohydrate 5g everyday. And took a blood test during that, the results indicated elevated liver enzymes. I got an ultrasound and everything came back normal. I discontinued use and after two months I took another blood test which came back normal.

thalisman

Awards
I just got a call from my doc saying that the blood test I had done last week showed that my liver enzymes are slightly elevated. He told me to discontinue all medicine like IB profen acvil etc, and no alcohol. He ordered an unltrsound just to make sure, and repeat blood work in 6 weeks. I very rarely drink alcohol. The only supplements I am taking is Creatine Mono, Multi-V, Xtend. Is there a possibility that these could be a reason. I also had a series of headaches the week before my test, and was taking a decent amount of IB Profen and I am hoping that is all it is. . . .Any thoughts fellas?

AST: 102
ALT: 83
Same with me, I was taking Cellucor and it did the same to my liver. I did stop taking the supplements and I am back to normal. I also heard somewhere that I needed to take some liver support, but I don't know what. I too have those headaches.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
are you drinking a lot of water?

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I dont think that it is the creatine. I am taking 5g a day of micronized creatine mono. I am drinking plenty of water. It was actually believe it or not 'fatty liver' I got an ultrasound and everything is normal. It was just that I am taking fish oil and because the past few weeks I have been on the go I was eating a ton of tuna. Who would have thought that the fats got me before the mercury. I never thought of this, I just have to step up the cardio a little and the Doc said it would take care of itself. So hopefully this can help someone. Because I didn't know it was possible.