Liver Question

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.71%

Liver Question

I just got a call from my doc saying that the blood test I had done last week showed that my liver enzymes are slightly elevated. He told me to discontinue all medicine like IB profen acvil etc, and no alcohol. He ordered an unltrsound just to make sure, and repeat blood work in 6 weeks. I very rarely drink alcohol. The only supplements I am taking is Creatine Mono, Multi-V, Xtend. Is there a possibility that these could be a reason. I also had a series of headaches the week before my test, and was taking a decent amount of IB Profen and I am hoping that is all it is. . . .Any thoughts fellas?

AST: 102
    ALT: 83

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Probably the IB, how much were you taking?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.71%

I have a high tolerance for it, and try to never take it unless I absolutly have to. I was taking about 800mg. My test was a tuesday morning and I took one 800mg dose sunday night and another monday afternoon.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.8%

It is probably the creatine. I was taking creatine monohydrate 5g everyday. And took a blood test during that, the results indicated elevated liver enzymes. I got an ultrasound and everything came back normal. I discontinued use and after two months I took another blood test which came back normal.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93%

Quote Originally Posted by jbono731 View Post
    I just got a call from my doc saying that the blood test I had done last week showed that my liver enzymes are slightly elevated. He told me to discontinue all medicine like IB profen acvil etc, and no alcohol. He ordered an unltrsound just to make sure, and repeat blood work in 6 weeks. I very rarely drink alcohol. The only supplements I am taking is Creatine Mono, Multi-V, Xtend. Is there a possibility that these could be a reason. I also had a series of headaches the week before my test, and was taking a decent amount of IB Profen and I am hoping that is all it is. . . .Any thoughts fellas?

AST: 102
    ALT: 83
    Same with me, I was taking Cellucor and it did the same to my liver. I did stop taking the supplements and I am back to normal. I also heard somewhere that I needed to take some liver support, but I don't know what. I too have those headaches.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

are you drinking a lot of water?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.71%

I dont think that it is the creatine. I am taking 5g a day of micronized creatine mono. I am drinking plenty of water. It was actually believe it or not 'fatty liver' I got an ultrasound and everything is normal. It was just that I am taking fish oil and because the past few weeks I have been on the go I was eating a ton of tuna. Who would have thought that the fats got me before the mercury. I never thought of this, I just have to step up the cardio a little and the Doc said it would take care of itself. So hopefully this can help someone. Because I didn't know it was possible.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
  2. question about liver
    By andrewcb in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 05:22 PM
  3. Liver tab question
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 10:16 PM
  4. liver question???