Food Processors,are they time saving or a waste of cash

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I have been tossing this idea around for awhile,but i would like some real- world feedback from people that actually own these things.

If you own a processor,has it saved you time...or do you feel like you wasted your money. Share your thoughts.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Really really useful.

I load mine up with whey, bananas, natty PB, yoghurt, honey or whatever else I fancy and get a smooth yummy weight gainer out of the spout.

I think mine is actually a smoothie maker but the same principle applies.

Good for making fruity smoothies, protein smoothies, soups.

Turns out is not so great for making butter icing (my housemate - not me) There is no room in my diet for butter icing. If I need a vice it will be Jack Daniels!

But I digress - food processor = good plan!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a long response and when I tried to post it, I could not :think:

Anyway, I love my food processor. Mine can't handle a lot of liquid though. I mostly use mine to turn large chunks of meat into ground meat and to slice/dice/mince vegetables.

I've had mine for three or four years and will definitely get another one once this one goes out.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I am looking at a 12-14 cup Cuisinart. Around 160-200 depending where you buy. I could go cheaper,but i think you would be getting what you paid for if you go that route.

Do ya have to keep changing the blades..i.e; to slice is one blade,then to chop is another or is it all on one...i hope that makes sense.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have three blades in total. One is for chopping and it flips over and is used for slicing. I have another that pretty much minces/grinds, but that depends on how long you run or pulse the blade. The third one is actually just like a plastic propellor, which I believe is for mixing. I don't ever use that one though, so I'm not sure and can't remember.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
What can you do with a food processor that you can't do with a blender?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It probably depends on the blender.

My food processor is superior to any blender that I've had though. I mentioned it all in my above posts, but I think a food processor is probably more versatile.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
It probably depends on the blender.

My food processor is superior to any blender that I've had though. I mentioned it all in my above posts, but I think a food processor is probably more versatile.
Yeah you are right, i started thinking about how hard it would be to mince meat with a blender :p

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to be careful to not turn it into meat puree, lol. My food processor has more kick than my last car did!

spimp187

Awards
The thing about food processors is that it saves you some time in chopping **** up but then you have to clean the damn thing. I think they are great if you are making a large recipe but for just chopping up some carrots for a salad, then its overkill.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I cannot live without my Kitchenaid food processor it isn't that hard to clean I break it down rinse and throw it in the dishwasher I only hand wash the blade.