Fat intake

bsypher

Awards
I's there a magic amount of grams that your fat intake should be under assuming all other numbers are legit? For example, my fat intake remains (realistically) under 75g a day. I recently switched from egg whites to whole egg omelets in the morning which raised my average daily fat intake substantially.

Does under 75 sound about right for a clean bulk? My daily maintenance is around 2775 but it fluctuates.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I's there a magic amount of grams that your fat intake should be under assuming all other numbers are legit? For example, my fat intake remains (realistically) under 75g a day. I recently switched from egg whites to whole egg omelets in the morning which raised my average daily fat intake substantially.

Does under 75 sound about right for a clean bulk? My daily maintenance is around 2775 but it fluctuates.
It depends on who you talk to. I love fats. A bulk is going to be about your total caloric intake, so more fats would not necessarily be a bad. I actually prefer higher amounts of fats in my diet. If anything you'll probably gain more out of using the whole eggs in place of the egg whites, not just because of the additional calories. Egg yolks are also high in cholesterol (~300mg/yolk, )which is essential in supporting your testosterone levels, a great little thing to have when bulking. ;)

You may also want to cook your eggs in olive oil to help with the cholesterol > testosterone conversion

http://www.ergo-log.com/olivetest.html

bsypher

Awards
yeah, it does depend on who you ask; it seems that everyone is so different but there should be a baseline. I have heard that you shouldn't go above 35-50 grams but that seems impossible if you plan on adding even a tablespoon of olive oil into your diet.

Anyhow, thanks SilentBob187

dropshot001

Awards
It really depends on how you respond to fats vs carbs. I personally would separate the fats and carbs and eat protein fat and protein carb meals

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I think everyone is right. It all depends on the individual response to fats, carbohydrates and protein. I am currently consuming 40P/40C/20F coming from lean sources of protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats (flax, fish, etc.). I have also experimented with more saturated fats while bulking and it worked fantastic.

Learn your own body and what works best for you. I enjoyed a high fat and low carbohydrate diet for a while and found it beneficial to cut weight fast. However, for the long run it was not for me.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

No magic number. Your body can use all three macros for energy so it has some flexibility. IMO I would say 20-40% of calories depending on personal preference. Also, I would personally not bother separating fats and carbs in meals. The logic for doing so does not hold water for me.