Question about nutrion info on meat

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
When your eating red meat, steaks, does it matter what cut it is? Are there different nutritional values for different parts of the cow? That sounds pretty ignorant now that I read it.. but, I don't know and I would like to know. I would think so, mainly the amount of fat, but what about protein?

After googling it a bunch im finding that a 6 oz steak should have about 40? One source says about 7g of protein per oz of steak. What about fat? Is there a general rule? I know it can vary by the cut, but whats about average?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every cut of meat is going to be completely different. Most of them have info based on roughly 4oz on the underside of the packaging.

andrewcb

Awards
here u go....dont know how accurate it is but id go with it
bodybuilding.com/fun/beef.htm

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When your eating red meat, steaks, does it matter what cut it is? Are there different nutritional values for different parts of the cow? That sounds pretty ignorant now that I read it.. but, I don't know and I would like to know. I would think so, mainly the amount of fat, but what about protein?

After googling it a bunch im finding that a 6 oz steak should have about 40? One source says about 7g of protein per oz of steak. What about fat? Is there a general rule? I know it can vary by the cut, but whats about average?
Definitely. There are different values for meat depending on where it is cut from, what country the animal is from, what you cook it in, etc. A nutrition textbook or a diet analyzer programme will give you a list of cuts and the nutritional information for them.

~Team APPNUT

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
fat content

eye of round 8oz 450cal 77g pro 13g fat.ribeye 8oz 520cal 63g pro 29g fat, flank steak 8oz 495cal 62g pro 20g fat sirlion 8oz. 480cal 60g pro 25g fat top sirlion(my fav)8oz 455cal 46g pro 29g fat extra leanground beef 7oz 525cal 56g pro 32g fat hope this helps some

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
calorieking dot com is your best friend ;)