hemp???? que!

andrewcb

Awards
got bored last night and did some reading....like to explore new things.

so i came across a few articles that basically slam whey protein and make hemp protein out to be god<

well all the reading i have done about it seems to be a real good product.

was just wanting to know if this stuff is good and if any1 has used it as their protein shake for 2+ months without whey and felt different or seen different results or anything.

for people who dont know what it is, here is what i have found. correct me if any of this is wrong not trying to mislead any1

hemp is a natural fiber product of the Cannabis sativa plant<marijuana

contains omega 6 and 3<has a 3 to 1 ratio> was told at my local food store has more omegas then salmon....hemp contains gla....one of the hardest efas to get as there are only a few sources of this.

65% of hemp is globulin edistin. No other plant on earth comes close to this

hemp contains 10 eaas<essential amino acids><which i read was all the eeas>
and i guess its 11 other basic amino acids<? different sites say different things

hemp has all the essential fatty acids

hemp contains good bacteria

hemp can alter ur ph level and put your body in a alkaline state.

In one serving you get 13.2 grams of fiber and 92% of that is insoluble fiber (which is harder to get in your diet).<more energy for your!

hemp has chlorophyll.<gorillas eat a load of this apparently

Well, basically took this from a article. besides a few things. not saying this stuff is good or not or if this is all true. just asking for some opinions!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Marijuana is good for you man :)

Been a known fact forever xD

andrewcb

Awards
Marijuana is good for you man :)

Been a known fact forever xD
i dont smoke weed really but one time i smoked it right before some pushups. did 2x as many push ups as i could sober. and that was easy! coulda kept going. i been thinking about smoking just a few hits before i work out to get that extreme focus!

Chest

Awards
Nothing is wrong with marijuana. it not bad for you its good for you. Watch the end of pumping iron lol

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Nothing is wrong with marijuana. it not bad for you its good for you. Watch the end of pumping iron lol
Seriously. I started smoking weed anfd fitness only whent up.

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
I do a protein blend of hemp and whey, it tastes good enough and should be better for me. Try it out...

Chest

Awards
Everybody that says weed kills you and that you go to hell for smoking it are just trying to ruin things for everyone

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The problem I've found with most hemp proteins I've seen where I work is that the protein per gram of product is much lower than that of most of the whey proteins.

I haven't tried the hemp proteins myself but most people either tolerate the taste or they hate the taste. I guess there are not enough companies making hemp proteins for any of them to really focus on a flavoring system.

wacomane

Awards
New here but thought I'd chime in. :newbie:

A buddy of mine broke his back a few years ago drunk driving and is paralyzed from the waist down. He's a big smoker and since he's been out of phys rehab, he's been working out regularly. He claims that smoking dank before his sessions helps him crank out more reps and that it has a sort of pain killing effect. Kinda cool if you ask me.

He did tell me though that his doctor said that the pot would make the muscles relax and become very flexible which would help with increasing reps but would be detrimental to tearing fibers to build muscle.

I'm not sure how valid this is, most likely not at all, but when someone mentions "the herb" I have to throw in my two cents.

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
I should post this onto the Army's Facebook page, lol. Nonetheless if you go further into researching hemp you'll realize that there are thousands of uses for it that would actually help mankind as a whole...you could actually make paper out of it so efficiently that there wouldn't be a need to chop down trees for it! Just one little known example...but alas it's still illegal. Well weed is anyway. Hemp isn't....just need to have the close-minded old fashioned crowd die already so the "herb" can be distanced from the hardcore drugs. Still in the same category as cocaine and heroin! WTF!

And no I'm not a hippie liberal before someone goes there....