Need help with a problem!

sobeman88

Awards
Okay I have a problem

This has been going on for months. I cant digest anything! Im eating and eating, but not gaining weight. At the same time I cant go to the bathroom. No urge at all. The food just sits in there for days.

Im sorry this is gross but serious. I have already seen a doctor, and guess what he said?? Eat fiber! No **** sherlock. I tried that for days and days and still nothing! Im starting to get worried. I could have a thyroid problem or something? Even healthy foods I dont digest

sobeman88

Awards
For instance,

Today I ate nothing but yogurt, some salad, took 6 flax seed capsules, and then some oatmeal.

Not even an urge to poop lol. This cant be good. And I am quite skinny

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You call that eating and eating?

Sounds more akin to an absorptive problem than a thyroid problem. If you're constipated, take a laxative and eat more veggies - like a whole head of broccoli.

Maybe see a different doctor too.

sobeman88

Awards
No dude I usually consume about 4000 calories a day. And for being 125 lbs, yes thats eating and eating.

I only ate like that for one day to test things out because I cant go to the bathroom. Im pretty sure what I mention should produce a stool lol.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No dude I usually consume about 4000 calories a day. And for being 125 lbs, yes thats eating and eating.

I only ate like that for one day to test things out because I cant go to the bathroom. Im pretty sure what I mention should produce a stool lol.
4000 cals of anything should make a sizeable impact on your toilet. Get a laxative and a second opinion.

sobeman88

Awards
Okay thank you man I appreciate it. Yeah thats what I was thinking.

I really do eat 4000 cals a day. And have been for awhile and ive actually lost weight.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Probiotics? They give you the ****s for a while until you get used to them too.

sobeman88

Awards
Ive tried some probiotics before and nothing. Plus yogurt has the best source. So im thinking absorption problem as well. Its strange, after I eat my stomach kinda flares up. Also it flares up after exercise. Its bothering the crap outta me

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
could be colitis or crohns, definitely get tests done..colonoscopy etc

sobeman88

Awards
Thanks for the help guys. But I dont think it is crohns or colitis. I researched both and both state diarrhea. I have constipation. The food just sits in my stomach for days and days. Its frustrating. I could have candida

sobeman88

Awards
Wheres The Matrix when you need him?? This has been an on going problem! I digest nothing at all. My doctor keeps telling me, "eat more fiber..."

Ive done this many times and still no bowel movement. Im pretty sure normal is 2 poops a day. I average 2 poops a week! My skin on my face is scaly and my complexion sucks.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Lets try to fix your GI tract. Take out oats and grains for a few days, add in veggies. Try taking glutamine at about 10-20 grams a day. Doesn't do much for muscle but helps regenerate GI lining. You say you've taken probiotics, try actually taking them for 30 days continuously. Gut health has gone away but you can get the same bacteria in a different brand http://www.probiohealth.com/buy_ke_99.html.

Try a laxative for now, go natural. There are a number of things that could cause the problem. If you need grains, switch to rice, its easier digested.

sobeman88

Awards
Thanks man ill try all that. I used to be able digest anything about a year ago. This is why I am worried

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I take fiber, probiotics, digestive enzymes with each meal, fibrous carbs, and sometimes I have digestive issues too. Make sure you are staying hydrated. I know this is probably way off base, but have you been tested for diabetes? If you are uriniating frequently AND/OR not drinking enough fluids you could be severly dehydrated and not even know it. This severly impacts digestive health. Try drinking 2 gallons of water a day for a week and see what happens.

BEAST

sobeman88

Awards
Hey thanks man. However, diabetes is a negative. I have been tested several times and not even close. And I actually have been experiencing water retention with these problems. Really bad too. I drink water all day and i have no urge to pee.

Today I went to the bathroom finally, but it was small and stringy. How can this be if I eat 3000 calories a day?!! Where is it going?! Im just dumb founded. I am taking this intestinal health product and it is not even touching the problem!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Try the protocol I gave you for a month. You have to be patient, it won't clear up overnight. Don't falter from it, or you're not really don't the protocol.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I would definitely take the advice that wearedbleedblue suggested and see how that goes. He laid out a nice month long plan for you to stick to.
Good luck, bro.

sobeman88

Awards
Yea ill definitely give it a shot. I think i may have Crohns though. I took a laxative today and when i went to the bathroom, things were bad haha. Nothing solid at all. How could this be if I ate alot the last 4 days?!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
You're thinking too hard about why and not doing anything to correct the what. Just don't worry about it for now, try to fix it and then reassess in a month.

sobeman88

Awards
I realize this but its kind of hard when your body doesnt process the supplements to begin with. How can I take probiotics and all this when it just sits in my stomach.

A lot of people think this is crazy, but trust me you know when there is something wrong with your own body. Just a year ago, when I took a supplement I felt it doing atleast something within 20 mins. Now I can take like 50 probiotic pills and I feel no stool coming on whatsoever or nothing at all. And then im just constipated beyond belief. My stomach just balloons up all day.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Do you have glutamine? Do you have the KE-99 probiotics? If you "felt" all supplements within 20 min, it was likely in your head, not really happening. You need to cut out grains and beans for at least a week like I said. Until you actually try what I think will work, don't keep coming up with excuses. If you think there is something better, then do that instead. Go see a doctor, maybe you have an intestinal blockage. Either way, grains should be kept low for a while.

TheBig3

Awards
Have you tried senacot (sp?) or some other type of laxative?

terminator

terminator

Awards
#1. Try taking digestive enzymes before/with your meals.
#2. You need to consistently take a quality probiotic. Yogurt has very few CFU or Colony Forming Units. A suggestion would be to start with 2 Billion CFU a day for the first week and gradually work your way up to 5 billion CFUs. Some reputable probiotic companies are Natren, UAS Labs, Renew Life and Pure Essence Labs. I took the product from Pure Essence Labs ( I can't remember the name...maybe Living Flora or Healthy Flora) and it really helped keep me regular and I haven't been sick in a year now, which is odd for me, since I normally get sick 1-2 per year when everyone else around me is sick. I would look for the Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium Bifidus species to start off with. Many probiotic products are junk and either don't survive stomach acid and bile, or a large amount are destroyed by the time you are 1/2 way done with the bottle. Look for a product that guarantees the amount of probiotic CFU's on the label until the Expiration date as well.

Chest

Awards
Maybe youre consuming to much fiber. I read that if you eat to much fiber if will constipated. It might sound stupid but maybe that your problem.