Pancakes

TeamT10

Awards
In all honesty how bad can they actually be...

I mean i eat them every sunday, its kind of like my carb re-feed/cehat after not having any except in bananas during the week,

i eat them with blueberries, and syrup

should i stop this, keep it going

sobeman88

Awards
Nah dude they cant be that bad. I used to eat them all the time and I was pretty cut. Of course I worked out alot too. But they arent that bad.

Just some carbs and syrup is natural sugar. And hell, blueberries are fruit! lol

TeamT10

Awards
Nah dude they cant be that bad. I used to eat them all the time and I was pretty cut. Of course I worked out alot too. But they arent that bad.

Just some carbs and syrup is natural sugar. And hell, blueberries are fruit! lol
see thats what i thought, and considering i burn near 800 cals in a workout (2 times a day), eating them once a week or two, doesnt seem that bad

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established

Shoot no man, don't sweat it unless your in contest prep mode. Some good carbs and simple sugars from the syrup are fine.

dropshot001

Awards
if you are using them as a refeed meal then you are doing the right thing.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the white flour is the only problem with them. gluten and other anti-nutrients, etc

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The syrup is a bigger problem than the pancakes most likely, as if you aren't using real actual maple syrup but something like aunt jemima instead you are taking in high fructose corn syrup.

On the pancakes themselves, at home I make them from 1/3 cup almond meal, 1/3 cup soy flour 1/3 cup whole grain flour, with an egg white, baking powder, stevia as sweetener and hood calorie countdown skim milk. If the soy bothers you, can do the almond meal with just whole grain flour. Can also add flax meal to it if you wanted.

That plus real maple syrup = healthy good tasting pancakes

SBT

SBT

Awards
I love pancakes for my cheats or refeeds too!!!

TeamT10

Awards
I love pancakes for my cheats or refeeds too!!!
its always so satisfying after a really low or no carb week...

also thanks for the syrup info, didnt know there was much of a difference between syrups, ill look into getting the maple kind