ideal macros for a bulk?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay so I have several questions

i am consuming 3700 cals right now- i was eating at 3400 and gained some weight then lost 2 lbs? Flucuation of weight perhaps combined with higher metabolism

I am consuming 45 g of protien a meal
20-25 g of fats a meal (is this to high should i stay at or below 20?)
Carbs- about 60-80 a meal

I got a bottle of recompadrol coming too

sooooo I will be upping it to 4000 in about 2 weeks when i start my next cycle

but in the mean time is this okay? My main question is the fat thing- is more than 20 g of healthy fats at a meal okay?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay so I have several questions

i am consuming 3700 cals right now- i was eating at 3400 and gained some weight then lost 2 lbs? Flucuation of weight perhaps combined with higher metabolism

I am consuming 45 g of protien a meal
20-25 g of fats a meal (is this to high should i stay at or below 20?)
Carbs- about 60-80 a meal

I got a bottle of recompadrol coming too

sooooo I will be upping it to 4000 in about 2 weeks when i start my next cycle

but in the mean time is this okay? My main question is the fat thing- is more than 20 g of healthy fats at a meal okay?
Re fat, depends. I recommend reading the Macronutrient Composition for Optimal Muscle Growth article, and then looking at your nutrition again.

~Team APPNUT

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks Mrs. Scott!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I say just eat 4000 plus calories. I get 400+g carbs per day, about 250g protein and the rest from fats...

I dont think you should get too complicated into macros and timing if you arent competing... IMO

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
true true dude i ate 4k last winter on a bulk and got FAT i mean i gained alot of mass with it too- was on epistane gained about 10 lbs in 28 days LOL half of that was prolly muscle- maybe more i dunno

but yeah im going to up carbs

this is my meals so far Gamer(who is my pimp)

Meal one

1 cup oats, 1 cup skim milk, serving natty pb, 3/4 cup blueberrys, 1 1/2 scoop whey and some honey time to time

workout

pwo- 2 1/2 servingd waximaize
2 servings whey
4.5 g of bcaa (I get about 10 gs in my intra workout)

1.5 hours later
7-8 ounces 96% lean ground beef on a wheat bun
1 cup oatmeal

3 hours later

7 ounce chicken breast, serving of natty pb, and another cup of oats

3 hours later

7 ounce lean red meat with veggies

2 hours later 4 hard boiled eggs scoop of whey

bed

PB and whey

nets around 3.7k calls!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
true true dude i ate 4k last winter on a bulk and got FAT i mean i gained alot of mass with it too- was on epistane gained about 10 lbs in 28 days LOL half of that was prolly muscle- maybe more i dunno

but yeah im going to up carbs

this is my meals so far Gamer(who is my pimp)

Meal one

1 cup oats, 1 cup skim milk, serving natty pb, 3/4 cup blueberrys, 1 1/2 scoop whey and some honey time to time

workout

pwo- 2 1/2 servingd waximaize
2 servings whey
4.5 g of bcaa (I get about 10 gs in my intra workout)

1.5 hours later
7-8 ounces 96% lean ground beef on a wheat bun
1 cup oatmeal

3 hours later

7 ounce chicken breast, serving of natty pb, and another cup of oats

3 hours later

7 ounce lean red meat with veggies

2 hours later 4 hard boiled eggs scoop of whey

bed

PB and whey

nets around 3.7k calls!
Add some olive oil shots in there with the meals. It is a healthy fat and will get you mucho calories..

I would also go whole milk IMO and add a tall glass or 2 servings of whole milk post workout!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
For bulks, I usually chomp 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat

At 4k cals, that is 500g carbs 300g protein 100g fat.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Also, I feel like when i go over 130g fat a day, I get hella fat. If you are going to add cals on top, I feel that complex carbs are the best.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAYUMMMMM 500 g carbs! My body in general responds much better to fats than carbs i blow up like a ballon when i go over 400 carbs- I was on 500 when on an anabolic and still got some fat- but also got some quality muscle

I will throw some olive oil shots in there- i will suib it out for some pb

okay well my winter bulk is this

400-450 g of carbs(will be using anabolics plus recompadrol so major partitioning going on)
protien 320
fat 120

for a total of 4160 cals- as my weight goes up i will add another 50 g's of carbs and prolly another 10-20 g's of fats(if needed) If i dont stall out in weight gain diet will stay the same

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
DAYUMMMMM 500 g carbs! My body in general responds much better to fats than carbs i blow up like a ballon when i go over 400 carbs- I was on 500 when on an anabolic and still got some fat- but also got some quality muscle

I will throw some olive oil shots in there- i will suib it out for some pb

okay well my winter bulk is this

400-450 g of carbs(will be using anabolics plus recompadrol so major partitioning going on)
protien 320
fat 120

for a total of 4160 cals- as my weight goes up i will add another 50 g's of carbs and prolly another 10-20 g's of fats(if needed) If i dont stall out in weight gain diet will stay the same

My body does not handle carbs well either. I do much better with fats. I like the caloric level that Carcaya recommended, but I would switch up the composition a bit. Personally right now I am bulking at ~400-450g Pro, cycling between 120-300g carbs, and cycling my fats between 80-130g inversely proportionate to my carb intake for the day.

I like the idea of adding in extra olive oil shots. You could also add in extra Fish oils if you wanted. During my bulk I'm using 18-30g of Fish oil a day.

Good luck!

BEAST