Headaches whike on low carb diet

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone experienced headaches while doing a low to no carb diet? I've had headaches since Monday.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
Ya bro , everytime i start a low carb diet I get massive headaches for the 1st week.
Its just yourbody sayin Wtf are you doing to me ?
After the 1st week i`m fine. Try not to cutt out all sugars at once if you can.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I still have minimum amounts is carbs. Small serving of oats in the morning and any that come from fruits or vegetables. I hope it goes away soon.

GSMachinist

Awards
I have the headaches but kno aching joints lol

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
Make sure you are gettn all your minerals and vitamins , fish oil too etc.....eat alot of green veggies
the headaches will eventually go away when your body adjusts.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i do year round low carb dieting. no cycling no loading and keep it under 60gramas a day.

no headaches here.

brandonp005

brandonp005

Awards
Now that you mention it, I myself did notice a slight increase in headaches about the time I first started my low carb diet. I'm not sure if the diet had anything to do with it because I was having very strenuous days at work as well.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I get headaches the first week or two and then by the eighth week i start get loopy. I loose my car in parking lots and other dumb stuff. Thats about the time i start upping my carbs a little. Its great learning our your body responds to different things. LOL

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
All very good information. The only carbs I have been consuming are from vegetables and maybe a bit of fruit. I went from 300 - 400 a day, to under 50 a day. The change is drastic, but it works wonders for the body.

I have been taking 3g's of fish oil and multi-vitamin everyday.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All very good information. The only carbs I have been consuming are from vegetables and maybe a bit of fruit. I went from 300 - 400 a day, to under 50 a day. The change is drastic, but it works wonders for the body.

if your trying to reach keto, be careful with artificial sweeteners and especially aspartame. it may prevent you from reaching your goals.

also, if you have and shyyting issues take 20grams of bulk psyllium husks a night or late evening, and on a empty stomach.

check out my credentials in the link, i have current pics and pics from 2008, and i credit low carb dieting for my success.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/157658-w-pics-alpha.html

nynone

nynone

Awards

Well no wonder you're having headaches bro! Take some small amounts of caffeine. I recommend coffee, double brewed to minimize actual caffeine content. Otherwise, I'd say to up your carb intake a little. Maybe add some pasta to your diet when they get unbearable.

Basically what I mean by that is to keep your carb count at 50g, then add a pasta (I recommend wheat) containing another 30 or so grams of carbs. When the headaches subside, should be that day, then continue without your pasta. It'll be like cycling carbs daily, but it'll help you combat those headaches a good amount.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Great information. I might splurge later with two corn tortillas. My wife is making chicken tinga, can't pass that up.

Should I keep milk out of my diet? I know milk contains low amounts of carbs.

nynone

nynone

Awards
Great information. I might splurge later with two corn tortillas. My wife is making chicken tinga, can't pass that up.

Should I keep milk out of my diet? I know milk contains low amounts of carbs.
Personally, I would. One reason being I'm lactose intolerant. Second being that I don't personally think much good comes from milk. the calcium isn't as absorbed well due to a lack of vitamin D in it, and it's harsh on the endocrine system.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a symptom of transitioning into ketosis. Once your body adapts to using ketones for fuel it will likely go away.