recovery, MPS, Carb vs Protein PWO

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Coingestion of Carbohydrate and Protein Hydrolysate Stimulates Muscle Protein Synthesis during Exercise in Young Men, with No Further Increase during Subsequent Overnight Recovery -- Beelen et al. 138 (11): 2198 -- Journal of Nutrition

little excerp

These results show that carbohydrate and protein hydrolysate supplementation during and immediately after exercise do not seem to further enhance muscle protein synthesis over the subsequent overnight recovery period. Whole-body protein turnover does not necessarily reflect protein synthesis on a skeletal muscle tissue level. As a consequence, the greater whole-body protein synthesis rates observed during overnight recovery might be attributed to tissues other than skeletal muscle. It could be speculated that gut proteolysis during exercise (33) is compensated for by greater protein synthesis in the gut during subsequent overnight recovery. Furthermore, it has been suggested that brain tissue contributes largely to overall protein synthesis rates during the night (16,34). Research on the diurnal variation of protein synthesis rates in different tissues is warranted.

basically have a nice serving of MAP before bed, and sleep well.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Man I wish I could afford a tub of MAP lol Give me a tub and I'll log it haha