Women's Hormone Levels....

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Does increased testosterone help women attain leaner, more muscular physique? Not talking about anabolics, but maybe a test booster, etc.

My girl was wanting to know about this, and she works even more than I do so I told her I'd try and figure it out

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does increased testosterone help women attain leaner, more muscular physique? Not talking about anabolics, but maybe a test booster, etc.

My girl was wanting to know about this, and she works even more than I do so I told her I'd try and figure it out
It's debatable. I actually wrote an article on this last year: Breaking the Myth: Increasing Testosterone in Females = Muscle Accretion, Strength Gains, and Fat Loss - get her to read it (or download it from Breaking the Myth: Increasing Testosterone in Females = Muscle Accretion, Strength Gains, and Fat Loss for her to review.

An extract from the article:
Studies also indicate that there is no difference in testosterone levels between heavily trained female athletes and sedentary controls (Tegelman, et al., 1990). However, increases in strength and power have been correlated with pre-training testosterone levels (Krahenbuhl, Archer & Pettit, 1978), leading Hakkinen, et al. (2000) to hypothesize that testosterone levels in females are indicative of their trainability (although not necessarily of their results).

Growth Hormone

It has been suggested that other anabolic hormones, such as GH may be responsible for hypertrophy, strength gains, and leanness in females (Kraemer & Ratamess, 2005), since such results are achieved withOUT changes in testosterone levels.
She'd be better off using a Growth Hormone/Testosterone booster or stack of. And the same with women as with men - there's no point in increasing testosterone levels unless you're increasing FREE Testosterone, since only FREE Testosterone can be used in making any type of results.

~Team APPNUT