cooking with oil

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how do u count the fat grams when u cook with oil. I usually count them all like 14g for a Tablespoon of olive oil, but are u really getting all of that fat? How do u guys count it?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont count it, unless you pour it on your food after OR your using it in a sauce.

however most fats will become saturated at a certain temperature, too ensure this happens less frequently use WATER and OIL while cooking to increase the SMOKEPOINT

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I found the best way to fry food is with a non stick/ no calorie spray, they even have EVOO flavor like this, then you can get the full benefit of your EVOO if you want to marinate your meat in it or pour it on top of your salad...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well i usually cook in oil to add fat, im bilking and need/want the extra calories and i was wondering if u are relly getting alot of the fats cuz i need every calorie desperately haha

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i dont count it, unless you pour it on your food after OR your using it in a sauce.

however most fats will become saturated at a certain temperature, too ensure this happens less frequently use WATER and OIL while cooking to increase the SMOKEPOINT
Great post Cf405.

I use canola oil, exclusively - after researching smoke point and MUFA content. Sweet Potato fries are to die for! :)

PS: I mean... sweet potato friend PLUS Recompadrol are to die for ;)