nutritions tips that many/most people don't know

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. nutritions tips that many/most people don't know


    List some. Ill start off. Coconut oil contains MCT's, that will give you the same energy of preworkout carbs, and will also be less fattening, helping one lean out over time.


  2. Adding barley to your Oat meal will reduce the spike in blood sugar by like 30% in the afternoon and like 12% for dinner.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by hadijd View Post
    Adding barley to your Oat meal will reduce the spike in blood sugar by like 30% in the afternoon and like 12% for dinner.
    Good one and awsome avy! How much barley?


    By the way, Ill rep anyone whos tip seems to have credibility.
    •   
       


  4. 1/3 of Barley, 1/3 of oats . . . you can also have a 5 grain Oatmeal with Barley, Rye, Oats, and a couple of other grains but its alittle pricey.

    Also adding Cinnamon to the oatmeal lowers blood sugar so you dont have a big spike in insulin. cinnamon has chromium and thats why type II diabetes people use.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    List some. Ill start off. Coconut oil contains MCT's, that will give you the same energy of preworkout carbs, and will also be less fattening, helping one lean out over time.
    to add to this they increase cholesterol conversion in the testies,

    provide a faster conversion to ketone bodies during exercise

    anyone with fat mal absorbtion or gall bladder problems can eat it due to the MCT oil being absorbed the same way a carbohydrate is absorbed.

  6. Buckwheat is a COMPLETE protein grain with 10g protein and 30 carbs per serving with a small amount of fat.

    Quinoa complete protein grain with around 7 g protein and 28ish carbs per serving.

    Amaranth is the same quinoa in repects to nutrient content and complete protein, except an awesome "hot" cereal with splenda.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    to add to this they increase cholesterol conversion in the testies,

    provide a faster conversion to ketone bodies during exercise

    anyone with fat mal absorbtion or gall bladder problems can eat it due to the MCT oil being absorbed the same way a carbohydrate is absorbed.
    So what's the best way to utilize MCTs? Preworkout?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    So what's the best way to utilize MCTs? Preworkout?
    That's how I feel, but I havn't really experimented. Im pretty new to the stuff.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    So what's the best way to utilize MCTs? Preworkout?
    pre workouts and night time (pre bed)

    and in the very beginning phases of keto diets along with after carb up days.

  10. Any more?

  11. Two things....

    Eat artichokes while on a PH cycle. There are SEVERAL studies done on this but I've heard this from a friend whose been lifting and juicing for some time, and hes way more knowledgeable then I.

    Why? Some benefits from artichokes.....

    Artichokes are a healthy vegetable that help to speeds up the digestive processes by stimulating the release of liver bile. Liver's that don't produce enough bile let cholesterol accumulate. Recent studies from Germany show that people who ate artichokes for 4-6 weeks increased bile production (same time frame as a lot of mild PH cycles?) and lowered LDL cholesterol by as much as 22%! The same study concluded that artichokes may be able to block the formation of new cholesterol in the liver as well. I ate them because of my friends advice, but I had to verify it a bit...it makes sense to me....

    the second tidbit not food/nutrition related exactly, but still bizarre, and relevant to the conversation because of the coconut oil comments. I read a study that some researchers believe that coconut oil could be used as a plasma substitute in emergency situations because of its bioavailability, low pH, etc. I thought that this was insane....

  12. Eating watermelon can help produce arginine in the body causing some nitric oxide flow in your blood stream.

  13. Freezing white bread and eating after defrosted, reduces G.I impact by 30%. So I have read........

  14. - Goat Milk and Kefir Yogurt Drinks are great sources of protein for those who are lactose intolerant.

    - If you are lactose intolerance, warming up milk reduces or eliminates the impact

    - I read somewhere in several places and articles that Dairy fat (whole milk for example) is not as bad to your health as people thought and as a matter of fact has proven to be beneficial (especially to pregnant women and athletes). For example, Milk Fat contains CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)
  15. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    Freezing white bread and eating after defrosted, reduces G.I impact by 30%. So I have read........
    Actually the study done was freezing it, then toasting it reduced the GI impact that much Nicer still, the Ezekiel sprouted grain breads come frozen normally, so there has to be about 0 GI impact from that.

    my nutritional tips are more taste based than functionality based. The main functional one I have is that normally something like almond meal or walnut meal is fairly expensive to buy. But if you get one of those cheap blade style coffee grinders, you can buy bulk 2lb or bigger bags of almonds/walnuts/etc at sams club , costco or bjs cheap and make your own meal. Then using a combo of 1/3 almond/walnut meal, 1/3 soy flour 1/3 whole grain wheat as a replacement for regular flower you end up with amazingly normal texture, but can also get away with adding less oil in most recipes as well as having more protein in the pancakes/muffins/whatever. Works super well with banana pecan pancakes. You can go as high as 1/2 nut meal, just at that point texture starts to change. I used to do 1/3 nut 1/3 buckwheat 1/3 whole grain flour, but my wife didn't like the texture.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  16. I am not lactose intolerant, but I do use Real Goodness milk when going low carb because the lactose has been filtered out and there are only 7 grams of carbs (11 grams of protein) per serving. It's a bit pricey, but I wait for sales at my local supermarket and stack the $1 coupons from their website:

    http://www.realgoodness.com/index.cfm

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadlift View Post
    - Goat Milk and Kefir Yogurt Drinks are great sources of protein for those who are lactose intolerant.

    - If you are lactose intolerance, warming up milk reduces or eliminates the impact

    - I read somewhere in several places and articles that Dairy fat (whole milk for example) is not as bad to your health as people thought and as a matter of fact has proven to be beneficial (especially to pregnant women and athletes). For example, Milk Fat contains CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)

  17. I've recently been eating this as a snack in between meals. Dry roasted edamame

    4g fat
    10g carbs (8g fiber)
    14g protein

    1/4 cup serving. Contains soy beans and sea salt. A nice healthy snack food if you ask me. And it tastes great IMO.

  18. I am interested in using coconut oil before the gym. what type do you suggest? how much do you take? and how long before your preworkout supplement do you take it?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadlift View Post
    - Goat Milk and Kefir Yogurt Drinks are great sources of protein for those who are lactose intolerant.
    Kefir is not recommended for people with liver problems, i wouldn't recommend it for those taking orals as it may place more stress in the liver.

    Lactose is still present in Kefir and might cause discomfort in those w tolerance problems

  20. Quote Originally Posted by hadijd View Post
    1/3 of Barley, 1/3 of oats . . . you can also have a 5 grain Oatmeal with Barley, Rye, Oats, and a couple of other grains but its alittle pricey.

    Also adding Cinnamon to the oatmeal lowers blood sugar so you dont have a big spike in insulin. cinnamon has chromium and thats why type II diabetes people use.
    awesome, was not aware of that, i add cinnamon to my eggs and chicken

  21. Drinking 8oz of pomegranate juice daily can reduce arterial plaque by nearly 40% in one year.

  22. Since plant proteins are incomplete proteins(lacking or insufficient amount of a few amino acids), food combining is recommended to make it a compete protein. For example, by combing grains & legumes (rice and beans) in the same meal, you get the missing amino acids and make it a complete protein .

    Now it is known that you donít have to have it in the same meal as long as you have a variety of foods throughout the course of the day.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I've recently been eating this as a snack in between meals. Dry roasted edamame

    4g fat
    10g carbs (8g fiber)
    14g protein

    1/4 cup serving. Contains soy beans and sea salt. A nice healthy snack food if you ask me. And it tastes great IMO.
    Oh and I failed to mention that this snack contains all 8 essential amino acids
  24. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by anoopbal View Post
    Since plant proteins are incomplete proteins(lacking or insufficient amount of a few amino acids), food combining is recommended to make it a compete protein. For example, by combing grains & legumes (rice and beans) in the same meal, you get the missing amino acids and make it a complete protein .

    Now it is known that you donít have to have it in the same meal as long as you have a variety of foods throughout the course of the day.
    actually quinoa is a complete protein, there are one or two others as well.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  25. lots of great tips in here!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by austinfrench5 View Post
    I am interested in using coconut oil before the gym. what type do you suggest? how much do you take? and how long before your preworkout supplement do you take it?
    I take any edible brand that isn't too hard to melt. I mix it with my preworkout meal, but I tey to workout 60-90 min after the meal, so I know that wouldn't work for everyone.

  27. Beans on toast is a complete protein

  28. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I've recently been eating this as a snack in between meals. Dry roasted edamame

    4g fat
    10g carbs (8g fiber)
    14g protein

    1/4 cup serving. Contains soy beans and sea salt. A nice healthy snack food if you ask me. And it tastes great IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Oh and I failed to mention that this snack contains all 8 essential amino acids

    I avoid everything that has Phytoestrogens like soy.

    Soybeans and processed soy foods are among the richest foods in total phytoestrogens.

    Studies suggest there is an inverse correlation between soybean ingestion and testosterone in men.


    Soybeans also contain potent enzyme-inhibitors that can block uptake of trypsin and other enzymes which the body needs for protein digestion.

    Soybeans also contain hemagglutinin.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by survival View Post
    I avoid everything that has Phytoestrogens like soy.

    Soybeans and processed soy foods are among the richest foods in total phytoestrogens.

    Studies suggest there is an inverse correlation between soybean ingestion and testosterone in men.


    Soybeans also contain potent enzyme-inhibitors that can block uptake of trypsin and other enzymes which the body needs for protein digestion.

    Soybeans also contain hemagglutinin.
    I am aware of all of this....but i do feel that some soy protein in your diet won't kill you. If you use soy solely as your only source of protein will you have a problem.

  30. Drink your own urine and your penis will grow...serious.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Drink your own urine and your penis will grow...serious.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by survival View Post
    Kefir is not recommended for people with liver problems, i wouldn't recommend it for those taking orals as it may place more stress in the liver.

    Lactose is still present in Kefir and might cause discomfort in those w tolerance problems
    Can you direct me to any article about Kefir causing stress on the liver???

  33. [QUOTE=Xerxes;2522652]Two things....

    Eat artichokes while on a PH cycle. There are SEVERAL studies done on this but I've heard this from a friend whose been lifting and juicing for some time, and hes way more knowledgeable then I.

    Why? Some benefits from artichokes.....

    Artichokes are a healthy vegetable that help to speeds up the digestive processes by stimulating the release of liver bile. Liver's that don't produce enough bile let cholesterol accumulate. Recent studies from Germany show that people who ate artichokes for 4-6 weeks increased bile production (same time frame as a lot of mild PH cycles?) and lowered LDL cholesterol by as much as 22%! The same study concluded that artichokes may be able to block the formation of new cholesterol in the liver as well. I ate them because of my friends advice, but I had to verify it a bit...it makes sense to me....

    QUOTE] This is interesting. I don't use PH's or steroids, but with the rediculous amount of healthy food I eat, and all the times Ive taken grams of something that only has an RDA of a few milligrams, and even some odd supplements, I am interested in liver cleansing. I once used a kilo container of CEE, and if youve ever taken that stuff, it dose not belong in the human body!

  34. Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    Freezing white bread and eating after defrosted, reduces G.I impact by 30%. So I have read........
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Actually the study done was freezing it, then toasting it reduced the GI impact that much Nicer still, the Ezekiel sprouted grain breads come frozen normally, so there has to be about 0 GI impact from that.
    The GI impact is indirectly reduced by freezing/toasting. The direct loss of GI comes from the loss of nutrients as a result of freezing and toasting... Less high glycemic nutrients = lesser GI impact.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Exercise123 View Post
    The GI impact is indirectly reduced by freezing/toasting. The direct loss of GI comes from the loss of nutrients as a result of freezing and toasting... Less high glycemic nutrients = lesser GI impact.
    What are you talking about? High glycemic nutrients? This is just plain false. Please link me to anything that explains what you're talking about.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    What are you talking about? High glycemic nutrients? This is just plain false. Please link me to anything that explains what you're talking about.
    A nutrient can be a macronutrient (lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins) or a micronutrient (vitamins and minerals). White bread has a high GI. White bread's GI impact decreases after freezing/toasting. The decrease in its GI is not through freezing/toasting directly, rather indirectly. It is from a loss of nutrients because of the freezing/toasting. Therefore less nutrients available equals less overall nutrients; with less overall nutrients the overall GI impact will decrease. All in all I'm not saying the original theory is wrong, I'm just stating that it is due to an underlying effect.

  37. I don't need a crash course in what a nutrient is, thanks. GI is derived from carbohydrates impact on blood sugar/insulin release. You're saying that freezing and toasting causes a decrease in carbs?

  38. Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    I don't need a crash course in what a nutrient is, thanks. GI is derived from carbohydrates impact on blood sugar/insulin release. You're saying that freezing and toasting causes a decrease in carbs?
    Freezing, toasting, microwaving, frying (off the top of my head) all cause a decrease in one, two or all three macronutrients. For example, toasting bread or frying pancakes, when you have burnt nutrients those are the destroyed blackened nutrients. Destroyed proteins turn into carcinogenic acrolein. Carbohydrates are destroyed through caramelization via molecular destruction. Lipids are turned into smoke from the destruction of fatty acids and glycerol. Over time, constantly consuming destroyed/burnt nutrients can be detrimental to your health.

    So yes in the end, toasting the bread will decrease the amount of carbohydrates. To what extent obviously depends on how long it is toasted or how black the bread is, and when there is a loss of nutrients, there is a loss of complete carbohydrates, loss of carbohydrates, loss of GI impact.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 02:41 PM
  2. Anybody used Complete Nutritions PH's?
    By Cantell in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 07:00 AM
  3. AConrad00 reviews Unique Nutritions PEA!
    By AConrad00 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
  4. optimum nutritions serious mass
    By texas in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Log in
Log in