glycemic problem?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    Not really. Maybe a cup of morning coffee, but that's it.

Yeah, I really want to give a keto type diet a try just to see how I do. My biggest issue is on Keto I will do fine all day, but about 6 pm I will CRAVE carbs. The evil little bastards!

I may see if my mom has any old blood sugar testing kits she doesn't use anymore laying around.
    I think we may be half brothers, but all kidding aside I suffer from the same issues, come evening time...crave, crave and more cravings for sweets.

This is a serious quality of life issue and I've yet to find something that works, tried Chromium and not sure if it's all that effective.

Recompadrol and Vinegar both appear to be popular, as forms of treatment, has anyone experienced success with either of these products?

2. how are you getting your carbs? get some organic blue agave, its low in glycemic and its real sweet
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I think we may be half brothers, but all kidding aside I suffer from the same issues, come evening time...crave, crave and more cravings for sweets.

This is a serious quality of life issue and I've yet to find something that works, tried Chromium and not sure if it's all that effective.

Recompadrol and Vinegar both appear to be popular, as forms of treatment, has anyone experienced success with either of these products?
    Neither Recompadrol nor vinegar are approved medical treatments.

Look, if you are really suffering from insulin resistance/early stage diabetes you are simply not going to find a solution in a bottle unless it comes with a prescription. I know this is likely to be disregarded because people just want a solution that is convenient for them but there isn't one.

Anyways, good luck.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    The Apple cider vinegar was approved by Dr. Oz and Bob Greene. I saw that on TV a few weeks ago and it's why I started taking it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    The Apple cider vinegar was approved by Dr. Oz and Bob Greene. I saw that on TV a few weeks ago and it's why I started taking it.
    Ok I know all this gets complicated but bear with me.

At best, vinegar slows (not stops) the digestion of carbs. That means that ultimately, your body must at some point, still process them. Therefore it is no better than a band-aid.

Also the media loves to jump on any studies that suggest even the slightest potential for any 'natural' products to have therapeutic applications. This makes for interesting news/TV but is rarely of any practical value. I can guarantee that no endocrinologist is going to advise acetic acid as a first line treatment for diabetes.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post

Look, if you are really suffering from insulin resistance/early stage diabetes you are simply not going to find a solution in a bottle unless it comes with a prescription. I know this is likely to be disregarded because people just want a solution that is convenient for them but there isn't one.

Anyways, good luck.
    Thanks and I understand that. I was more hopeful than anything, for a natural alternative as opposed to an RX. I've been to an endo and educated myself extensively on the issue of insulin resistance, as type II diabetes is prevalent in my family. My endo didn't seem to think that I needed treatment for insulin resistance, which isn't viewed by medical community the same way as a diabetes is , an almost passive approach towards offering the patient any type of treatment.

7. At 5'10 / 245, plus a family history of diabetes and hitting middle age, its a safe guess that he is having insulin resistance / metabolic syndrome. Top priority is to get diet under control and lower body fat ASAP.

Get down to 180-200 and you can likely manage it without needing drugs. With the internet you can easily find tons of information on diabetes. Get your carbs from low GI foods.

Its really all up to you at this point.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The GI (Glycemic Index)
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 04:25 PM
  2. How to....low glycemic pwo carbs?
    By srx600 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 11:15 PM
  3. Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load