96 grams of protein a day

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. 96 grams of protein a day


    Could YOU build or maintain your physique off of 2 dozen egg whites daily if the rest of your diet was in check?


  2. Maybe if you weighed 100lbs you could maintain.
    •   
       


  3. No. What Mac said.

  4. Thanks for the responses. I am taking in about 100 grams of protein through whites and chicken. I was going to try to cut out my shakes if possible(80 grams whey/casein). I often question if they absorb or some how get lost in translation.

  5. I know a 230lb guy that maintains his mass off of 150 grams of protein a day.. Not claiming anything, just saying, anything is possible.. My dad is 195 12%BF and maintains his weight with about 100 grams of protein a day.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    I know a 230lb guy that maintains his mass off of 150 grams of protein a day.. Not claiming anything, just saying, anything is possible.. My dad is 195 12%BF and maintains his weight with about 100 grams of protein a day.
    I knew a guy that made me look liek a little girl and all he ate was icecream sandwiches, hot dogs and whatever else he felt like (donuts ect)...

    I think the OP needs to question if HE can do it... Is he at or close to an easy to keep "natural" muscle mass? If so then, I guess it is possible but if he is highly trained and has taken careful and strategic plans to get beyond and easy to maintain weight then probably not. MORE IMPORTANT - WHY?????

    There is no reason to ever cut your protein calories like this NONE:
    Money? - Shakes are cheaper than solid protein.
    Calories? - You should cut carbs first, if your protein is this low that better mean you are taking in under 100 calories a day

    there is no logical reason for this unless you have failing kidneys and even that can be debated.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post
    I knew a guy that made me look liek a little girl and all he ate was icecream sandwiches, hot dogs and whatever else he felt like (donuts ect)...

    I think the OP needs to question if HE can do it... Is he at or close to an easy to keep "natural" muscle mass? If so then, I guess it is possible but if he is highly trained and has taken careful and strategic plans to get beyond and easy to maintain weight then probably not. MORE IMPORTANT - WHY?????

    There is no reason to ever cut your protein calories like this NONE:
    Money? - Shakes are cheaper than solid protein.
    Calories? - You should cut carbs first, if your protein is this low that better mean you are taking in under 100 calories a day

    there is no logical reason for this unless you have failing kidneys and even that can be debated.
    Im in no way telling op to eat 100grams or protein or less.. Just throwing out some food for though. I take in an average of 250grams a day.. Maybe if your muscles have fully matured will they be easily maintainable.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Im in no way telling op to eat 100grams or protein or less.. Just throwing out some food for though. I take in an average of 250grams a day.. Maybe if your muscles have fully matured will they be easily maintainable.
    Yeah... first half of that was meant for you and the rant at the end was for the OP

  9. I guess I am just curious if I would digress without my protein shakes(80 grams worth).

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jontrainer View Post
    I guess I am just curious if I would digress without my protein shakes(80 grams worth).
    Why are shakes and egg whites the only options...

    This is just such a weird thread. You give no info about yourself and want us to predict something theoretical in that it uses false absolutes that you are self imposing.

    Could someone do fine off 100g protein, I guess but you would want to up your carbs and that would not be a good change for most people.

  11. wtf r u trying to do by decreasing protein? I believe what Gamer said that muscle CAN be maintained at 100-150 grams of protein BUT if ur trying to loose weight DO NOT cut out protein- here is why A. Muscles thrive on protein and muscle helps burn fat
    B.Whenever someone consumes protein the body has to break it down- when the body goes into the process of breaking it down it expends energy thus aiding in the burning of fat

    C. Protein is awesome
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html

  12. Doctor... Doctor!! I need you to set up a protein drip at my desk.

  13. If youre an 85 lb 12 year old I suppose you could get away with 96 grams a day... Until you hit a growth spurt
    NTBM Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  14. TheTransforma
    TheTransforma's Avatar

    Just give it a try and see what it does. I would try to keep your other macros high enough to compensate for the 80 x 4 calories you would lose by dropping the protein.

  15. Thanks for the advice. I am going to try to get my protein up through food and use the shakes when I am pressed for time.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Maybe if you weighed 100lbs you could maintain.
    +1^^^^^^^^^^

  17. What makes you think your body isnt absorbing the protein from the shakes?

  18. What makes you think your body isnt absorbing the protein from the shakes?


    I guess cuz the shakes are like drinking water especially compared to the volume of 10 egg whites.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    wtf r u trying to do by decreasing protein? I believe what Gamer said that muscle CAN be maintained at 100-150 grams of protein BUT if ur trying to loose weight DO NOT cut out protein- here is why A. Muscles thrive on protein and muscle helps burn fat
    B.Whenever someone consumes protein the body has to break it down- when the body goes into the process of breaking it down it expends energy thus aiding in the burning of fat

    C. Protein is awesome
    agreed decreasing protein isnt ideal. i understand about you trying to cut down on shakes though, solid food is better. if youre not buying it get some chicken turkey steak etc. But if you are buying it and moneys the issue shakes are the less expensive way.

  20. i think if you cut out the shakes and just replace half that protein with other healthy options you could probably do it. take it up to around 130-150g a day...depending on your size then add extra healthy fats and carbs to make up any caloric deficit you could maintain. but 96 seems low unless your under 150lbs or so. i think it is reasonable to suggest .7/.8g protein/lb of body weight would maintain you

  21. I don't know how protein powder is cheaper than whole foods when I can get 10lbs of chicken for $22 at Sam's Club.

    Replace protein shakes with chicken.

  22. Lyle Mcdonald says you need .08 grams of protien per pound for maintance. This varies by greatly by % of body fat, .08 is simply a guide line. Like said above everyone is different.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by jontrainer View Post
    Could YOU build or maintain your physique off of 2 dozen egg whites daily if the rest of your diet was in check?
    I can't see how downing 2 dozen egg whites is more convenient than downing protein shakes? Plus without the yolks, you're missing the best part of the egg.

    You don't need MuscleTech shakes if money is an issue. You can buy bulk whey for a very reasonable price.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jontrainer View Post
    Could YOU build or maintain your physique off of 2 dozen egg whites daily if the rest of your diet was in check?
    Take a look at http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/...m****144&page=2

    I'm not saying that it's true but they mention:

    "This was a leaning cycle that I did using a vegan-style diet. I actually averaged only around about half of my body weight (around 95 grams) of protein, with 300 grams of carbohydrate while dropping over 30 pounds in a 12-week timeframe. At 7%, my abs are clearly defined......I believe that the inclusion of carbs helped me reach this level at my strongest - my bench press was 280 pounds and dead-lift was 415 pounds when this picture was taken."

    Personally, I think a lot of the information (propaganda) about needing to eat at least 1.5g for each lb of your bodyweight in protein comes from companies that manufacture whey. If you look back over the last 15 years or so there is a direct correlation between the amount of supplement companies being formed (and the money they make!) and the amount of protein needed to be consumed each day, vitamins needed to be taken, test boosting supplements needed to be taken, etc., etc., etc. and it has lead to 'normal' people like you and I feeling that we need to take numerous products as 'staples' when, in fact, we are too scared to drop supps in case we gain 30lbs of fat and our max bench press drops by 50lbs overnight.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    Personally, I think a lot of the information (propaganda) about needing to eat at least 1.5g for each lb of your bodyweight in protein comes from companies that manufacture whey. If you look back over the last 15 years or so there is a direct correlation between the amount of supplement companies being formed (and the money they make!) and the amount of protein needed to be consumed each day, vitamins needed to be taken, test boosting supplements needed to be taken, etc., etc., etc. and it has lead to 'normal' people like you and I feeling that we need to take numerous products as 'staples' when, in fact, we are too scared to drop supps in case we gain 30lbs of fat and our max bench press drops by 50lbs overnight.
    Don't get me started on the 'gram of protein per kilogram of lean mass' conversation. Why in the world would I want to take in protein to support the adipose that I am carrying on my 'not-ready-to-walk-on-stage' frame.

    Do it up op. There's a lot of brosci about protein. I think the JISSN posted in their newest (once per decade,) publication 0.8g protein per kilogram...I can't remember if it was total weight or lean mass...Either way, that'd be around 90g for most people (* < 200lb.)
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 1.5 or 2.0 Grams of Protein Per Pound...
    By Pressure in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 12:07 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
  3. 15 grams of BCAA = 15 grams of Protein???
    By iDShaDoW in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM
  4. Grams Of Protein For Grams Of Carbs
    By bradhore in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 11:51 AM
  5. Accurate grams of Protein
    By Bull6125 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Log in
Log in