No More Peanut Butter!!!

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
OK, so about a month a half ago I was on here and kept reading about people eating natty peanut butter.....and it sounded good! I think I even posted how I could not eat peanut butter because I loved it so much and for whatever reason, even if I am not pigging out on it, it makes me gain FAT!

But anyway, I started eating peanut butter again. I would eat one banana with pb and a pb sandwich made with those round sandwich bread things. I swear to you that I have gained 3 or 4 pounds of fat over the past month and a half! My diet is the same otherwise.................DAM*N PB!! No mas for me!!

Yes, I realize that this was a totally useless post. lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, you added calories to your diet and have seen an increase in weight? Is that what you just said?

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Basically replaced morning and afternoon snack with these two pb snacks.....and yes, there probably was some increase in calories. Just saying that I cannot do pb...too rich in calories for me. Like I said, useless post, just need to stay away from pb.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
peanut butter sucks anyway, wayyyyy too much omega 6 and very little omega 3.

lift or die

Awards
PB= weight..... if your cutting you have to watch you PB intake

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter rocks my socks. 'nuff said

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter is calorie dense, but what kinda bread were you eating it on?

hadijd

hadijd

Awards
Idiot dude! of course its not clever to add high fat with high sugar . . . what did you expect? PB with a banana in bread??? too early to eat pb anyways, save the healthy fats for the last three meals of the day. Do you even measure your pb intake or do you just slab it on the freaking bread? Every night I use two table spoons of natutal pb with flax to my caesin protein shake before bed. do you even work out?????

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Idiot dude! of course its not clever to add high fat with high sugar . . . what did you expect? PB with a banana in bread??? too early to eat pb anyways, save the healthy fats for the last three meals of the day. Do you even measure your pb intake or do you just slab it on the freaking bread? Every night I use two table spoons of natutal pb with flax to my caesin protein shake before bed. do you even work out?????
You are awesome! 2 tbls natty with a banana midmorning and 2tbls natty on bread midafternoon. And do I work out? Yes bitch, and at 6' 183, don't come in here talking sh*t about somebody working out! I was squatting 405 when you were in grade school!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have the same problem, i've limited natty pb and almonds for that matter for bulks only, as stated before pb is very calorie dense, so i use it when it's hard to get in all those calories, but i gained fat when i was eating a lot of it but that can be expected at a calorie surplus anyway unless everything else is exactly in line

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about that, I cannot stand rude people......talking sh*t. Basically my point was that it is amazing what a little bit extra can do and that I have to be careful because I am walking a thin line....basically trying recomp. That little bit of PB pushed me from a small calorie deficit to a surplus.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PB= weight..... if your cutting you have to watch you PB intake
true to an extent depending on how your body reacts to good fats

My Body HATES carbs so when I cut I of course lower the carbs up the fats

I take in like 70-90 g's of healthy fats and I have cut up good

But anyways dude peanut butter kicks ass period

I am bulking up here in about a week and I cannot WAIT to start big mashin' on peanut butter and cottege cheese at night!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
high fat with high sugar
For me that's a recipe for fat gain. Sorry if hadijd came off harsh, but I have to agree with him on that point about fats and sugars in the same meal.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But natty pb is low in sugars- if u can find the stuff that is just peanuts and salt- krogers brand!

MrMostly

Awards
There are other problems with peanuts. Contrary to popular belief, they promote heart disease and cancer in the latest science. I have eliminated them from my diet. I still eat English walnuts. Actually of course, peanuts aren't even nuts.
The offending compond is called lectin. Almond butter would be a better choice.
1. Agrarian Diet and Diseases of Affluence - Do Evolutionary Novel Dietary Lectins Cause Leptin Resistance?
Tommy J?nsson, et al.
BMC Endocrine Disorders 2005, 5:10doi:10.1186/1472-6823-5-10

2. Atherogenic Potential of Peanut Oil-Based Monounsaturated Fatty Acids Diets
Loren Cordain, Ph.D.
Lipids 1998 Vol. 33 no. 2 Page 229

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im down with almond butter! ITS GOOD!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Just bump your cardio a little. Figures what the calorie difference from what you used to eat compared to the two meals with PB. Adjust cardio accordingly.