Count EFA in macros?

  1. Count EFA in macros?


    Simple question, do you count EFA's in your macro count for your diet? I assume so but I ask because I take Animal Omega and at 50/30/20 and around 2400 cals that seems to take up a lot of fat in my diet.

    Thanks


  2. lol i figured i was doing something wrong. Thanks I will enjoy some cheese now!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by headend View Post
    Simple question, do you count EFA's in your macro count for your diet? I assume so but I ask because I take Animal Omega and at 50/30/20 and around 2400 cals that seems to take up a lot of fat in my diet.

    Thanks
    Why would you not?

  4. [QUOTE=Nitrox;2492488]Why would you not?[/Q[/U]

    unless hes taking in 20g+ from it the calories are negligable.

  5. I think the amount of fish oil i take adds up to around 100 cals, so obviously I count it.

    Im just a pimp like that . and thats around 15g i think.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    I think the amount of fish oil i take adds up to around 100 cals, so obviously I count it.

    Im just a pimp like that . and thats around 15g i think.
    thats 11g and negligable calories.

    IMO not worth counting into daily macros AT ALL

  7. Maybe its just me but when you start overlooking 'insignificant' calories you end up with a significant total. Throw in some BCAAs and a couple creamers for the coffee next thing you have 250 unaccounted calories and crappy progress. Just seems like bad practice to me - if you're gonna count in the first place...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    Maybe its just me but when you start overlooking 'insignificant' calories you end up with a significant total. Throw in some BCAAs and a couple creamers for the coffee next thing you have 250 unaccounted calories and crappy progress. Just seems like bad practice to me - if you're gonna count in the first place...
    i see where your going, but it all depends on your intake

    first of all creamer is counted.

    Supplements are counted after certain amount of calories IMO, and works better that way.

    competing? may be a diff story.

  9. Im usually bulking and error on the side of higher calories, by not counting 100 cals of efas, Id get another hundred from a protein source, which probably benefits me over a longer period of time.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    Im usually bulking and error on the side of higher calories, by not counting 100 cals of efas, Id get another hundred from a protein source, which probably benefits me over a longer period of time.
    i count direct sources of carbs, proteins, fats.

    however if my diet consists of a grain with a complete protein, i count that protein.

    i always account 200-300 calories for indirect sources of fat, carbs and protein, but do not count them directly.

    my macros are for arguments sake

    250 protein 200 carb 100 fat. All direct sources. the added stuff i get is extra. and adjust accordingly, and will always drop carbs before protein or fat.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i see where your going, but it all depends on your intake.
    I disagree. IMO it depends on your target deficit/surplus. If that is 500 calories then leaving 100 unaccounted is a 20% built in error.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    Im usually bulking and error on the side of higher calories, by not counting 100 cals of efas, Id get another hundred from a protein source, which probably benefits me over a longer period of time.
    Sure you could do it that way but why not just do it accurately from the start? Instead of 2400 calories, target 2500 and count the EFAs. Whatever floats your boat - if it works in the long run...

    Maybe it is a difference in counting methods. I use an Excel spreadsheet and all I do is add another line, enter the food, and it calculates everything for me.

  12. If it goes in your body, count it!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by smoothballer View Post
    If it goes in your body, count it!
    so count the 1-1.5g sweetner in each protein shake.

    Count the sugar alcohols.

    count it all.

    Not for me , and not worth the time, its 100 calories, jerk off and you burn it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. macros?
    By booya123 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 03:57 AM
  2. Those who count macros...
    By HITscientist in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 08:38 PM
  4. Need help with my Macros.....
    By dpatterson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Log in
Log in