4-5 meals a day is NOT good.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
OK so ive finally trained my body to eat 4-5 meals a day. Much better then just 3 big meals a day right. Well maybe not 4 me :( Im waking up now hungry after about 2-3 hrs. after i fall asleep. Thats my eating pattern, eat every 2-3 hrs. Its good that im eating every 2-3 hrs now, but now my body is waking up in the middle of the night hungry and ready to eat! I hate it. I need my undisturbed 7-8 hrs of sleep! Who else is has this problem and what do you do to help it!? And Casein protein is not a solution i drink it before bed already. Thanks

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Are you eating enough calories in the 4-5 meals during the day? If yo are waking up hungry then this doesn't sound like you are. Eating 4-5 meals is normally better than 3 but you still need to make sure you get enough calories to fuel your body.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was in the same boat, even with adequate calorie intake. Now I just make a full protein shake right before bed, with a mix of different forms of protein for different rates of digestion, then every time I get up during the night I take it out of the fridge and have a gulp or two. Keeps the hunger away nicely, and hopefully fights catabolism as well.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
OK so ive finally trained my body to eat 4-5 meals a day. Much better then just 3 big meals a day right. Well maybe not 4 me :( Im waking up now hungry after about 2-3 hrs. after i fall asleep. Thats my eating pattern, eat every 2-3 hrs. Its good that im eating every 2-3 hrs now, but now my body is waking up in the middle of the night hungry and ready to eat! I hate it. I need my undisturbed 7-8 hrs of sleep! Who else is has this problem and what do you do to help it!? And Casein protein is not a solution i drink it before bed already. Thanks
casein protine or cottage cheese pre bed should solve that problem bro, they both digest super slow.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you add fats and fiber to your casein?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Do you add fats and fiber to your casein?
:bigok: Do this and should be good to go...

I will either do 1 scoop casein with 2 cups unsweetened Almond milk
or
1/2 cup CC with 2 TBSP natty PB
both followed by 3 pysillium husk caps

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I say just take a scoop of protein and a tall glass of whole milk if you wake up and thats a good amount of casein and whey..

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I say just take a scoop of protein and a tall glass of whole milk if you wake up and thats a good amount of casein and whey..
I thought carbs were a no-no at night.

stops gh production.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought carbs were a no-no at night.

stops gh production.
I thought it lessened GH output and was carb amount/type dependent. Also, GH has not been proven to aid in muscle building anyways...

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I thought it lessened GH output and was carb amount/type dependent. Also, GH has not been proven to aid in muscle building anyways...
matter of opinion i suppose.

im pretty sure simple sugars arent so good at 2am.

just a guess though.

:)

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cottage cheese and natty PB is my pre=bed meal, if i wake up a simple low carb shake r2g.

red meat is also something i eat before bed sometimes, slower digesting and some fats.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
cheese n eggs baby, cheese n eggs

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
cottage cheese and natty PB is my pre=bed meal, if i wake up a simple low carb shake r2g.

red meat is also something i eat before bed sometimes, slower digesting and some fats.
same thing here except not cottage cheese anymore, I literally gag if I put it in my mouth. I sub casein shake.

really he just masterbates vigurously when he gets back to bed to work off those sugars.
thats why in his avi 1 arm is behind his head... its a 24 inch cannon lol

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I try to do about 6 meals a day.

I taper the night off with a casein shake, but I keep something by my bed because I am almost guaranteed to wake up straight staving in the middle of the night. So I keep a couple granola bars right next to me. Throw em down, chug some water, and crash right back out.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
WOW, thanks 4 all the replies. usually my prebed meal is either 2cans of tuna with 3 pieces of bread. or if i have a chicken in the fridge, lots of chicken. I stopped taking casein cause it wasnt satisfying hunger and my chicken and tuna digest slow. But i like the sound of PB, milk and cottage cheese. Thats sounds pretty filling. Not a big fan of these foods, except milk, but ill give it a try! Anything to keep me from waking up cause of hunger. Gotta watch the liquid intake 2 though i dont wanna be waking now cause i gotta piss every hour. Thanks, Good Info Here!

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW, thanks 4 all the replies. usually my prebed meal is either 2cans of tuna with 3 pieces of bread. or if i have a chicken in the fridge, lots of chicken. I stopped taking casein cause it wasnt satisfying hunger and my chicken and tuna digest slow. But i like the sound of PB, milk and cottage cheese. Thats sounds pretty filling. Not a big fan of these foods, except milk, but ill give it a try! Anything to keep me from waking up cause of hunger. Gotta watch the liquid intake 2 though i dont wanna be waking now cause i gotta piss every hour. Thanks, Good Info Here!
i take my cottage cheese and mix a tablespoon or two into it. sounds and looks gross but tastes better than either of those two foods on its own.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
How about weight gainer? Anyone take these shakes? I know most have some casein in them. They any good, filling, slow digesting? Think they may have to much fat in them though :(

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you need to really take a look at the mavro break down of each one and then specifically at where the nutrients are coming from... lots if not most are just a big tub of malto with some whey and casein in it.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Dude i am about your height and weight exactly and i hate eating 7-8 times a day... I do this

Meal 1- Protien shake and Something with 50-70 Grams carbs
Meal 2- Subway Flatbread Double the chicken 52 gram pro and 50 grams carbs
Meal 3- Protien Bar and Skim Milk = 50 gram pro 50 gram carbs
Meal 4- Protien shake and some Carbs
Meal 5- Eggs and Grilled chicken or some other type of meat and carbs and fruit or veggies

not the greatest but it helps me maintain weight and not spend too much time in the kitchen. If you get hungry just make smart choice. Im guessing ur not trying to step onto stage as a bodybuilder, so a diet like this with high priotien should be sufficent it is for my powerlifting maybe it could help u out.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Fat + Fiber = much much slower digestion.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
Dude i am about your height and weight exactly and i hate eating 7-8 times a day... I do this

Meal 1- Protien shake and Something with 50-70 Grams carbs
Meal 2- Subway Flatbread Double the chicken 52 gram pro and 50 grams carbs
Meal 3- Protien Bar and Skim Milk = 50 gram pro 50 gram carbs
Meal 4- Protien shake and some Carbs
Meal 5- Eggs and Grilled chicken or some other type of meat and carbs and fruit or veggies

not the greatest but it helps me maintain weight and not spend too much time in the kitchen. If you get hungry just make smart choice. Im guessing ur not trying to step onto stage as a bodybuilder, so a diet like this with high priotien should be sufficent it is for my powerlifting maybe it could help u out.

Man thats pretty boring i lik 2 eat real foods, i loveeee food! lol. I only have two protein shakes a day, morning and PWO. And if i had a choice i would only have a PWO shake, but i need to hurry up and get some protein in me when i wake up in the morning fasted so.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Man thats pretty boring i lik 2 eat real foods, i loveeee food! lol. I only have two protein shakes a day, morning and PWO. And if i had a choice i would only have a PWO shake, but i need to hurry up and get some protein in me when i wake up in the morning fasted so.

i like to do whey shake and a stack of pancakes in the morning mmm =)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im just gonna suggest some cottage cheese before bed

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Don't drink it, eat it. cottage cheese will sit fine, scoop of peanut butter or 14 almonds.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Aghhhh yes! IHops CheeseCake pancakes R the best! :)
helll yea !!!! mm ihop also love powerlifting cuz i can pound beers at night and still go heavy in the morning lol

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
carbs are a no no before sleep or even pre workout as far as natural gh output goes.

I usually do not take carbs pre workout or a few hrs before I go to sleep.

jcr1

Banned
Awards
Please post scientific backup. This is interesting, would like to hear more.

bomb402

Awards
This is actually a little bit of insulin resistance. Look into a metabolic balancing doctor and the protein shake before bed should help greatly.

BigTyler

Awards
I would go with whole food before bed.
8ozs of chicken & 2T of Natural peanut butter is what I do.