Oatmeal for breakfast

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I always made an oatmeal during my breakfast. Love it!

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i usually put one packet of flavored like cinnamon roll, then 1/2 cup of regular oats. i can't eat just unflavored....it makes me sick

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i put my cup of oats in a bowl and add tap water, stir it up and eat it lol. i dont even cook it, hell i dont even use hot water.

The Cook.

Mindless

Awards
i put my cup of oats in a bowl and add tap water, stir it up and eat it lol. i dont even cook it, hell i dont even use hot water.

The Cook.
That's what I used to do, but since it's time consuming to eat everthing separate, I started throwing everthing in the oatmeal.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established

The Cook.
you should probably put up a better version of that picture, looks like it could be a dude next to you

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you should probably put up a better version of that picture, looks like it could be a dude next to you
that is a dude, thats what makes it funny haha, that and i look like a douche... its gamer2be08 in the pink.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
LOL. I thought my thread is boring and yet, all of you are sharing ideas about breakfast.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
oats and natty pb yummm

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mix my chocolate protien in tap water put it in oats and eat- cold- my ol lady thinks im nuts- but likes my schowlenness

suresha

Awards
  • Established
I mix my chocolate protien in tap water put it in oats and eat- cold- my ol lady thinks im nuts- but likes my schowlenness
i do the same except i use milk, and chase it a 32oz of ice cold h2o:32:

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i ground up my oats and snort them through a chocolate straw

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I mix frozen blueberries and strawberries in mine.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i eat oats like 2-3 x a day

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i used to be a big oatmeal fan but since i started eating paleo i dont miss it one bit. oatmeal and all grains include anti nutrients like phytates and lectins, phytates prevent any minerals or enzymes from digesting. its such a nutrient empty food. you get highly glycemic carbs (not as high as white bread or something but still up there) and fiber that you can get from vegetables. you dont need starchy carbs.

the most important part is that you dont need carbs at all to initiate an insulin response. everyone knows that carbs, especially quick digesting carbs, are good postworkout where along with a boost in blood sugar they create an insulin surge which is critical in shuttling nutrients to the muscles, growth, etc. check out this research that was done. it discovered that beef/fish/eggs measured high on the insulin index without any effect on blood sugar!!! this means no spikes in energy, no risk for diabetics, no fat gain during bulking!

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/66/5/1264?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&author1=holt&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

oatmeal is pointless. all the extra carbs just cause massive glycogen/water retention. i was eating 2-4 cups of oatmeal a day and when i stopped i didnt only become much more ripped and shredded but muscles also became more solid. definitely lost a little bit of size but it was definitely all glycogen related, not muscle mass.

im an athlete so i workout everyday whether its gym or training. at first it was a little sluggish getting through workouts on only 100-180 grams of carbs from fruits and vegetables a day. i replaced all those calories from empty carbs with healthy fats and after a week or so my body started using fat for energy a whole lot more efficiently than carbs. im at my all time leanest, eating most of my calories through fat. testosterone is also at an all time high. not trying to preach here but oatmeal isnt god of bodybuilding and its completely not needed. empty calories.