Vomiting & possible stomach bleeding, need help ASAP!

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
I know this may seem kinda like a waste of thread, but I really need help asap and cant find an answer anywhere. But heres the situation-

I had just taken a Bronkaid tab then had a slice of pizza right after which pretty much made me throw up instantly(nasty taste). I them poped another Bronkaid right after because I had threw up the 1st one. Now I have a funny burning sensation in my stomach and no matter how much cold water I drink I still feel as if its there. Did I mess up by taking the Bronkaid + baby asprin right after I had vomited? Could my stomach possibly be bleeding? what can I do?

Thanx in advance.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
take a tums, sounds like acid reflux.

if that doesnt help take a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) which can help lower acidity.

you can try milk, and coral calcium as well. if its not better by tomorrow goto the doctor.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
take a tums, sounds like acid reflux.

if that doesnt help take a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) which can help lower acidity.

you can try milk, and coral calcium as well. if its not better by tomorrow goto the doctor.
Thanx! Its not unbarable or anything, just an akward burn. I still got 1 more Bronkaid to take for the day at around 6pm, do you advise I should go through with taking it or is this pretty much a big deal if my stomach is infact bleeding? Is acid reflux bad?

ironwheel

Awards
I am not a doctor, but I do not think your stomach is bleeding. While it is possible, such severe stomach issues are usually connected to prolonged regular use or over use of aspirin and similarly stomach-taxing drugs.

The warnings on Bayer's website DO NOT list stomach issues as possible side effects from Bronkaid, so I personally would go ahead and take the other doses if need be. However, please note the following warnings and talk to your doctor:

BRONKAID Caplets provide temporary relief of shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, wheezing and cough associated with bronchial asthma. Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and drain bronchial tubes.

The combination of active ingredients in BRONKAID Caplets is recognized by the FDA as safe and effective for their intended use.

Asthma is a lung disease characterized by reversible constriction and inflammation of the airways, and increased airway responsiveness to a variety of stimuli.

* Bronchodilators, like ephedrine, act on specific receptors, resulting in the relaxation of bronchial smooth muscle.

* Guaifenesin is believed to cause a reflex stimulation of bronchial glands, resulting in a decrease in the thickness of bronchial secretions.

Active Ingredients | Uses | Warnings | Directions | Other Information | Inactive Ingredients

Active Ingredients (in each caplet):

* Ephedrine sulfate 25 mg. Bronchodilator
* Guaifenesin 400 mg. Expectorant

Uses

* temporarily relieves shortness of breath, tightness of
chest, and wheezing due to bronchial asthma

* helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial
secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of
bothersome mucus, drain bronchial tubes and
make coughs more productive

Warnings

Do not use

* unless a diagnosis of asthma has been made by a doctor
* if you are now taking a prescription monoamine
oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for
depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions,
or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after
stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if
your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a
doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
* in children under 12 years of age

Ask a doctor before use if you have

* heart disease
* high blood pressure
* thyroid disease
* diabetes
* difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
* ever been hospitalized for asthma or if you are taking a prescription drug for asthma
* persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis,
or emphysema
* a cough which is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)

When using this product you may experience nervousness, tremor, sleeplessness, nausea, and loss
of appetite. If these symptoms persist or become worse, consult your doctor.

Stop use and ask a doctor if

* symptoms are not relieved within 1 hour or become worse
* cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur,
or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent
headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.

Good luck.
IW

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
^ thanx for that info man, I appreciate you taking the time to help out but I'm really more concerned that the combination of stomach acids and ephedrine/asprin could have messed me up, but like you said the asprin was a small dose and not regularly used except once per day for about the last 2 weeks. Thanx bro and good looking out.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^ thanx for that info man, I appreciate you taking the time to help out but I'm really more concerned that the combination of stomach acids and ephedrine/asprin could have messed me up, but like you said the asprin was a small dose and not regularly used except once per day for about the last 2 weeks. Thanx bro and good looking out.
your ok, id skip the last dose or take it with food.

seems like its acid reflux. just sayin, happens to me with IB profin or too much greasy food.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
your ok, id skip the last dose or take it with food.

seems like its acid reflux. just sayin, happens to me with IB profin or too much greasy food.
So me throwing up then popping a pill right after is no biggie? In terms of absorbtion either is mainly what i mean?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So me throwing up then popping a pill right after is no biggie? In terms of absorbtion either is mainly what i mean?
i wouldnt of taken that dose unless you saw your pills in the puke.

absorbtion you should be OK .your body generate HCl for digestion.