tendonitis

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
ive been having pain below the elbow for a while and my friend said it was tendonitis. i think i got it from not doing undergrip barbell rows properly. think i had the barbell to far forward when lifting up so it was hinging back my forearm. i would do arm exercises afterwards and it would be painful, not that painfull,kind of felt like i was super pumped in the forarm.guess i wasnt paying to much attention to as much as i should of. i havent worked out in a little over two weeks and it sucks.

anyone have this trouble before? does it last for a while or come back? any suggestions on treating it?

back part of the arm below the elbow,more towards the inside.

thanks

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
You could try a Cissus extract. Right now I'm using it to see if it helps with back pain from a ruptured disc and slight tendonitis in my right elbow/shoulder.

The proven method for healing it would be time, but I for one don't like to take several weeks off from the gym. I would just say ice it and take some NSAID's. Unless its serious it will go away with time.

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
thanks ill look into those supps.

but to ease my mind ive just been doing abs and legs while i heal.

ironwheel

Awards
I have often heard people describe tendinitis as feeling like a strong burning sensation. What does the pain feel like, how does it increase/decrease, and is there any noticeable increase in size at the area of pain?

While you are describing an area that a tendon connects to bone (and a likely place for tendinitis), I have heard many people say they have this condition when they have strained a muscle or are simply using improper form that results in pain.

IW

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
I have often heard people describe tendinitis as feeling like a strong burning sensation. What does the pain feel like, how does it increase/decrease, and is there any noticeable increase in size at the area of pain?

While you are describing an area that a tendon connects to bone (and a likely place for tendinitis), I have heard many people say they have this condition when they have strained a muscle or are simply using improper form that results in pain.

IW
yeah kind of a burning sensation when i was using it during lifting.but the pain is there but not alot during my hiatus off of working out.lifting things off the ground with some weight cause little pain or if im straightening out my arm on a stretch the more i over extendend back hinging it tends to hurt.its going away but real slowly.

i believe i got it from wrong form.it was between two excercises either reverse barbell row by holding the barbell to far in front which caused my arm to hinge back(overextend to much) or it also be a combination of reverse barbell improperly with in addition of incline dumbell curls.

if i massage the area it isnt painfull but you can feel its pretty tender.pain only happens in pulling or over extending.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Tendonitis doesn't necessarily stem from bad form; your form could be perfect and it could still develop. Anyways, narrow down which kind of elbow tendonitis it is by holding your hand palm-up in front of you and testing whether the pain comes from the inside of the elbow or closer to the outside - medial and lateral epicondylitis respectively - or get it diagnosed by a doctor. Ice, NSAIDs, and basic physio should help you nip this in the bud.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Tendonitis doesn't necessarily stem from bad form; your form could be perfect and it could still develop.
So true. Repetitive stress injury is the name of the game.

Glenno

Awards
I have tendonitis went to the orthopeicd dr cause it was so bad I couldn't lift a empty five gal bucket. After two shots of cortisone and some time off it's all good. Every once in a while when I lift super heavy I will feel it but I would go get the shots it helps

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
take alot of anti-inflam, ice it several times a day, and dont work out for awhile. it will go away if you do it right

ive been having pain below the elbow for a while and my friend said it was tendonitis. i think i got it from not doing undergrip barbell rows properly. think i had the barbell to far forward when lifting up so it was hinging back my forearm. i would do arm exercises afterwards and it would be painful, not that painfull,kind of felt like i was super pumped in the forarm.guess i wasnt paying to much attention to as much as i should of. i havent worked out in a little over two weeks and it sucks.

anyone have this trouble before? does it last for a while or come back? any suggestions on treating it?

back part of the arm below the elbow,more towards the inside.

thanks

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have achilles tendinitis, Got it 3 years ago and it still gives me issues sometimes today, though not to often. Mostly on cold mornings I need to warm those two little tendons and stretch them some before jumping, thats about it.

Give it tons of rest, ice it, and massage it ever so gently to relax it and open up blood vessels. At least this was the advice my sports doc gave me for mine. But dude, dont even wank with it, put it in a sling and pretend its dead. The less you use it, the faster it will heal.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I have achilles tendinitis, Got it 3 years ago and it still gives me issues sometimes today, though not to often. Mostly on cold mornings I need to warm those two little tendons and stretch them some before jumping, thats about it.

Give it tons of rest, ice it, and massage it ever so gently to relax it and open up blood vessels. At least this was the advice my sports doc gave me for mine. But dude, dont even wank with it, put it in a sling and pretend its dead. The less you use it, the faster it will heal.
Thats actually antiquated protocol.. Unless it is in the first 72 hours or so of injury (acute phase), do not guard the elbow. This can lead to structural problems like adhesions and contractures.

rest and ice are suggested during the first 72 only. Agreed on the light massage.. you should keep it mobile but stay off the weights until the symptoms have remissed

Intheflesh diagnosed it correctly.. you said the posterior arm just below the olecranon process, toward the medial portion- medial epicondylitis. Tendons of muscles that flex the wrist and fingers originate here :wink1:

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
Tendonitis doesn't necessarily stem from bad form; your form could be perfect and it could still develop. Anyways, narrow down which kind of elbow tendonitis it is by holding your hand palm-up in front of you and testing whether the pain comes from the inside of the elbow or closer to the outside - medial and lateral epicondylitis respectively - or get it diagnosed by a doctor. Ice, NSAIDs, and basic physio should help you nip this in the bud.
with palms up it under and outside of the ulna- upper extensor tendons. ive just been chillin till it gets better. light massage once in a while.

thanks

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established

"put it in a sling and pretend its dead. The less you use it, the faster it will heal."

my paynus or my arm?

lol

thanks for the advice everyone.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
It would be spot on advice Zero, but he said its been bothering him awhile. Recent practice has condoned keeping the area mobile after 72 hours and facilitating circulation to the area in order for more nutrients and oxygen to help heal the tissue. Of course, the activity is very selective as not to excaccerbate the injury

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
"put it in a sling and pretend its dead. The less you use it, the faster it will heal."

my paynus or my arm?

lol

thanks for the advice everyone.
its recommended to get it massaged often and let blood flow to it as well :veryhappy:

Bacya

Awards
When I had tendonitis in my shoulder any pressing movement would hurt a lot. What worked for me was taking a break from pressing, applying heat to the area before sleep, and doing very light exersizes for the rotator cuffs. I feel like the heat really helped with the healing process since it increased blood flow to the area, it did feel alittle inflamed afterwards but it subsided rather quickly. I always considered that ice is a fix immediately after an injury but that heat helps witht the process of recovery.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
When I had tendonitis in my shoulder any pressing movement would hurt a lot. What worked for me was taking a break from pressing, applying heat to the area before sleep, and doing very light exersizes for the rotator cuffs. I feel like the heat really helped with the healing process since it increased blood flow to the area, it did feel alittle inflamed afterwards but it subsided rather quickly. I always considered that ice is a fix immediately after an injury but that heat helps witht the process of recovery.
correct

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
time is the best thing, Im mid cycle with tnedonitis in both elbows, kills during bench and lat pulldown, try lower weight higher reps or half reps on smith machine if you dont wanna stop, I havent but im an idiot

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
time is the best thing, Im mid cycle with tnedonitis in both elbows, kills during bench and lat pulldown, try lower weight higher reps or half reps on smith machine if you dont wanna stop, I havent but im an idiot
im just stopping upper body for right now. sticking with legs and abs. when things feel better im just gonna start of with pushing routines light to heavy then do the same with pulling routines.

been using the icy hot.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Yea the icy hot has been crucial for me, its getting slightly better for me, im just hoping it eases itself away, i should do more abs, but I have a lower ab strain too so that goes out the window