How do you cook your sweet potatoes post workout?

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
I was just reading a post by PublicEnemy and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought it'd be polite to start my own.

My question is, how do you guys here on AM prepare your sweet potatoes for your post workout meals??? I ask because I have been reading quite a bit about how much of an amazing food they are and I just got some tonight and dont really know how to prepare them.

The quickest recipe I could find in a quick Google search was about 35 mins and thats just cooking time. Is there any way to pre make this wonder-food and store it for a few days?

Im totally in the dark here, Im a TERRIBLE cook. lol Help a fellow AM brother out.

Thanks

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Bake them in the oven at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. You can then scoop them out, mash them up with a bit of butter (if your a keto/anabolic dieter) or a few tsp. brown sugar and store them in a container in the fridge. When you want them, pop them in the microwave and WHAM - Sweet taters!!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could just microwave them. I used to do it all the time.

Taken from another website:

1 sweet potato

"Wash well but don't peel. Prick skin with fork all over. Place on a paper towel in microwave. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Turn, placing what HAD been on the bottom on top. Cook another 5 minutes. Vegetable Love says 13 - 15 minutes for 2 one-pound sweet potatoes. (Microwave strengths vary, experiment with yours til you know.)"

Cut it up into wedges or mash it. I like it mashed, salt and pepper to taste. 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and brown sugar optional.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys!!! I wasn't sure if they would stay good in the fridge after preparation. I will try all of those recipes for sure!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i usually wrap it in a paper towel then soak the paper towel and then microwavefor about 5 min....... makes a nice steamed potato

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ agreed, just made sum the other day with sum oil salt and pepper and grilled them with a bison steak and sum grilled veggies and of course a nice side salad........ DELISH!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did it again today with bison and jamacian jerk chicken kabobs ooo its sooo good haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anyone else ever had bison steak, so money 40 g protein only 3 g fat in a 6 oz steak

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I was just reading a post by PublicEnemy and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought it'd be polite to start my own.
Awww TheBreeze you're so thoughtful... :love:

You could make baked potato chips... I've never tried them with sweet potatoes but they are soooo legit with reds. Crisp them a little bit in olive oil and then bake them slow and long. They turn out pretty well with sea salt and a little white wine vinegar.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Damn that sounds good.

I'm having some grilled red potatoes right now, among other grilled vegetables and roast pork tenderloin.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Bake them in the oven at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. You can then scoop them out, mash them up with a bit of butter (if your a keto/anabolic dieter) or a few tsp. brown sugar and store them in a container in the fridge. When you want them, pop them in the microwave and WHAM - Sweet taters!!
i do the same!! i never get sick of sweet potato/yams..I norm buy 4-5lbs cook them at 375 for 45 min scoop them out and mash it with chunk of butter and little sugar..yum yum

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
I just right now microwaved my first sweetpotato and smashed it up with 6 oz lean ground beef and a serving of cottage cheese :) me = satisfied :)

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the tips fellas. I like the one below I think the best. I have about 5 yams in the cupboard so I'll be cooking them up sometime soon. I hope they come out as good as y'all make them sound. Too bad the only sweet potatoes Ive really ever had were 1. sweetened beyond belief(but delicious) and 2. from a TV dinner...I think the 2nd ones were the best. LOL

i do the same!! i never get sick of sweet potato/yams..I norm buy 4-5lbs cook them at 375 for 45 min scoop them out and mash it with chunk of butter and little sugar..yum yum

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

My question is, how do you guys here on AM prepare your sweet potatoes for your post workout meals??? I ask because I have been reading quite a bit about how much of an amazing food they are and I just got some tonight and dont really know how to prepare them.

The quickest recipe I could find in a quick Google search was about 35 mins and thats just cooking time. Is there any way to pre make this wonder-food and store it for a few days?

Im totally in the dark here, Im a TERRIBLE cook. lol Help a fellow AM brother out.

Thanks
i eat them cooked with honey and cinnamon

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I just saw that. LOL

I'm just trying to keep the peace amongst a bunch of testosterone driven, steel smashing, meatheads. Myself included.
Ha its completely understandable. It can be amazing how easily someone's ego can become damaged on a message board. I myself am guilty too.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I know this is a bit of a late post, but I want to add something... Add Cinnimon!

Cinnimon is insulinogenic, and will aid with the uptake of the carbohydrate restoring glycogen at a faster rate. Plus, I personally think it makes it taste all the better too (and I love the taste of the sweet potato regardless!).

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is a bit of a late post, but I want to add something... Add Cinnimon!

Cinnimon is insulinogenic, and will aid with the uptake of the carbohydrate restoring glycogen at a faster rate. Plus, I personally think it makes it taste all the better too (and I love the taste of the sweet potato regardless!).
2nd that! tastes real good

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Pre baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes. Reheated in the microwave as needed, plain or with cinnamon and evoo or mac nut oil.

BEAST

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Pre baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes. Reheated in the microwave as needed, plain or with cinnamon and evoo or mac nut oil.

BEAST
That is the the best to do it !!!:veryhappy:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sweet potatos with all the toppings are great.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I would never have sweet patatoe or yams post. You should be hitting Duncan n having donubts sweets or simple sugars not complex.

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
Cut em into thin slices and bake in oven on olive oil coated pan for 15-20 minutes 350-400 degrees , good eats

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any1 using marshmallow spread? :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mashed together with banana

andy148lbs

Awards
rinse and stab with knife......wrap in paper towel and mic for 7min.