How do you cook your sweet potatoes post workout?

  1. How do you cook your sweet potatoes post workout?


    I was just reading a post by PublicEnemy and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought it'd be polite to start my own.

    My question is, how do you guys here on AM prepare your sweet potatoes for your post workout meals??? I ask because I have been reading quite a bit about how much of an amazing food they are and I just got some tonight and dont really know how to prepare them.

    The quickest recipe I could find in a quick Google search was about 35 mins and thats just cooking time. Is there any way to pre make this wonder-food and store it for a few days?

    Im totally in the dark here, Im a TERRIBLE cook. lol Help a fellow AM brother out.

    Thanks


  2. In a hurry? eat them raw.

  3. Could always make a big ole bulk batch of sweet potato fries that'll last a couple/few days. U can find the recipe in the recipe section on here.
    •   
       


  4. Bake them in the oven at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. You can then scoop them out, mash them up with a bit of butter (if your a keto/anabolic dieter) or a few tsp. brown sugar and store them in a container in the fridge. When you want them, pop them in the microwave and WHAM - Sweet taters!!

  5. You could just microwave them. I used to do it all the time.

    Taken from another website:

    1 sweet potato

    "Wash well but don't peel. Prick skin with fork all over. Place on a paper towel in microwave. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Turn, placing what HAD been on the bottom on top. Cook another 5 minutes. Vegetable Love says 13 - 15 minutes for 2 one-pound sweet potatoes. (Microwave strengths vary, experiment with yours til you know.)"

    Cut it up into wedges or mash it. I like it mashed, salt and pepper to taste. 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and brown sugar optional.

  6. Thanks guys!!! I wasn't sure if they would stay good in the fridge after preparation. I will try all of those recipes for sure!

    THANKS AGAIN!!!

  7. i usually wrap it in a paper towel then soak the paper towel and then microwavefor about 5 min....... makes a nice steamed potato

  8. Quote Originally Posted by nateparker584 View Post
    Could always make a big ole bulk batch of sweet potato fries that'll last a couple/few days. U can find the recipe in the recipe section on here.
    Sweet potato fries are so f'ing money.

  9. ^ agreed, just made sum the other day with sum oil salt and pepper and grilled them with a bison steak and sum grilled veggies and of course a nice side salad........ DELISH!

  10. did it again today with bison and jamacian jerk chicken kabobs ooo its sooo good haha

  11. anyone else ever had bison steak, so money 40 g protein only 3 g fat in a 6 oz steak

  12. I was just reading a post by PublicEnemy and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought it'd be polite to start my own.
    Awww TheBreeze you're so thoughtful...

    You could make baked potato chips... I've never tried them with sweet potatoes but they are soooo legit with reds. Crisp them a little bit in olive oil and then bake them slow and long. They turn out pretty well with sea salt and a little white wine vinegar.

  13. Damn that sounds good.

    I'm having some grilled red potatoes right now, among other grilled vegetables and roast pork tenderloin.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by cowboy007 View Post
    Bake them in the oven at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. You can then scoop them out, mash them up with a bit of butter (if your a keto/anabolic dieter) or a few tsp. brown sugar and store them in a container in the fridge. When you want them, pop them in the microwave and WHAM - Sweet taters!!
    i do the same!! i never get sick of sweet potato/yams..I norm buy 4-5lbs cook them at 375 for 45 min scoop them out and mash it with chunk of butter and little sugar..yum yum

  15. I just right now microwaved my first sweetpotato and smashed it up with 6 oz lean ground beef and a serving of cottage cheese me = satisfied

  16. Quote Originally Posted by james122 View Post
    I just right now microwaved my first sweetpotato and smashed it up with 6 oz lean ground beef and a serving of cottage cheese me = satisfied
    Amen to that brotha.....they just never seem to get old, god im a carb glutton

  17. Thanks for all the tips fellas. I like the one below I think the best. I have about 5 yams in the cupboard so I'll be cooking them up sometime soon. I hope they come out as good as y'all make them sound. Too bad the only sweet potatoes Ive really ever had were 1. sweetened beyond belief(but delicious) and 2. from a TV dinner...I think the 2nd ones were the best. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    i do the same!! i never get sick of sweet potato/yams..I norm buy 4-5lbs cook them at 375 for 45 min scoop them out and mash it with chunk of butter and little sugar..yum yum

  18. Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Awww TheBreeze you're so thoughtful...
    I just saw that. LOL

    I'm just trying to keep the peace amongst a bunch of testosterone driven, steel smashing, meatheads. Myself included.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
    I was just reading a post by PublicEnemy and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought it'd be polite to start my own.

    My question is, how do you guys here on AM prepare your sweet potatoes for your post workout meals??? I ask because I have been reading quite a bit about how much of an amazing food they are and I just got some tonight and dont really know how to prepare them.

    The quickest recipe I could find in a quick Google search was about 35 mins and thats just cooking time. Is there any way to pre make this wonder-food and store it for a few days?

    Im totally in the dark here, Im a TERRIBLE cook. lol Help a fellow AM brother out.

    Thanks
    i eat them cooked with honey and cinnamon

  20. I just saw that. LOL

    I'm just trying to keep the peace amongst a bunch of testosterone driven, steel smashing, meatheads. Myself included.
    Ha its completely understandable. It can be amazing how easily someone's ego can become damaged on a message board. I myself am guilty too.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Ha its completely understandable. It can be amazing how easily someone's ego can become damaged on a message board. I myself am guilty too.
    You got that right.

  22. I know this is a bit of a late post, but I want to add something... Add Cinnimon!

    Cinnimon is insulinogenic, and will aid with the uptake of the carbohydrate restoring glycogen at a faster rate. Plus, I personally think it makes it taste all the better too (and I love the taste of the sweet potato regardless!).

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    I know this is a bit of a late post, but I want to add something... Add Cinnimon!

    Cinnimon is insulinogenic, and will aid with the uptake of the carbohydrate restoring glycogen at a faster rate. Plus, I personally think it makes it taste all the better too (and I love the taste of the sweet potato regardless!).
    2nd that! tastes real good

  24. microwave, sometimes add honey its great

  25. Pre baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes. Reheated in the microwave as needed, plain or with cinnamon and evoo or mac nut oil.

    BEAST

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    Pre baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes. Reheated in the microwave as needed, plain or with cinnamon and evoo or mac nut oil.

    BEAST
    That is the the best to do it !!!

  27. Sweet potatos with all the toppings are great.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  28. I would never have sweet patatoe or yams post. You should be hitting Duncan n having donubts sweets or simple sugars not complex.

  29. Cut em into thin slices and bake in oven on olive oil coated pan for 15-20 minutes 350-400 degrees , good eats

  30. Any1 using marshmallow spread?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  31. Mashed together with banana
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  32. rinse and stab with knife......wrap in paper towel and mic for 7min.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sweet Potatoes
    By rhunt000 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 08:33 PM
  2. Sweet potatoes
    By bigbeef in forum Recipes
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:29 PM
  3. Sweet potatoes
    By AM07 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
  4. turkey, sweet potatoes and a nice sale?
    By lennoxchi in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 12:59 PM
  5. different ways to cook sweet taters??
    By Head Nurse in forum Recipes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Log in
Log in