More Brown Rice Less White Rice Could Reduce Diabetes Risk

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
word, brown rice, and whole grain noodles are my primary carb sources besides oats..

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you add fats and protein to white rice, it lowers the glycemic index.. I do that because I dont really like brown rice..

UKStrength

Nice find mate, but could you not just eat more fruits and vegetables and enjoy your white rice? :)

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
does white rice really taste that much better? never had it, always went with the brown.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
does white rice really taste that much better? never had it, always went with the brown.
I think it does... And the nutritional value isnt that far off from brown rice anyways.. People make the two rices sound like 2 different things..

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you add fats and protein to white rice, it lowers the glycemic index.. I do that because I dont really like brown rice..
Correct, but two comments to make.

Firstly, remember that if you add fat and protein just to lower the GI, you are also adding calories which will effectively increase insulin requirements. So if you are choosing low GI for cutting reasons you will be defeating the purpose unless you are tracking all calories.

But secondly, I agree with what you are effectively saying. GI becomes less important as your meal is made up of progressively more protein and fat.

Personally I eat white rice when bulking and brown when cutting.