diet question

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

diet question

i have been working out for about three weeks and watching what i am eating i weigh 205 and am wanting to lose fat and gaim muscle. i take 200 grams of lg lipotropic protein a day and asgt pre workout and in the morning on off days. i take a protein shake at breakfast and eat a lean pocket at 9:30 am most days protein shake at lunch eat a dinner then another protein shake. its hard to eat any other food tho my protein fills me up so i am never hungry do i need to keep eating or is this normal?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

maybe lower the dose on the protein shake so you want be as full. put more veggies in your later meals. just my opinion give it a shot, won't hurt nothin
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.15%

You're body will adapt to multiple feedings, particularly after a shake. Stay away from the Lean Pockets dude. NOt the cleanest of eating.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

well dont you want to ingest as many grams of protein as you weigh? another thing i cant tell if the creatine is working i dont get pumps i just dont really feel any differnt. i get tired during my reps and sets but dont really feel a burn in my muscles. it isnt until the second day that i start to feel sore am i working hard enough? im doing the 5x5 with 2 days on 1 off and so on?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.54%

Why so many shakes? Eat real food instead of supplemented protein such as fish, chicken, lean beef, etc.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yesss! i agree with dusty. dont completely remove the shakes just put more clean foods in and drink like a shake a day or maybe two if your protein count is real low but a good diet should be very accurate, burnt into your head, more than planned out
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

Why so many shakes? Eat real food instead of supplemented protein such as fish, chicken, lean beef, etc.
    This.

Whole Food > Supplements. Always. Sit down at figure out what your average daily kcal intake is and then figure out what you want it to be corresponding with your goals. Plan your diet according to this. If you need help, this whole forum is here for you brother.

i get tired during my reps and sets but dont really feel a burn in my muscles. it isnt until the second day that i start to feel sore am i working hard enough? im doing the 5x5 with 2 days on 1 off and so on?
    Do you think you are working hard enough? The longer you lift the more experienced you will become at telling whether something "works" or not for your body. Its very much a personal thing. Keep a journal when you lift. If you didn't write it down at the gym, it didn't happen. And if you don't match or at least surpass your numbers every corresponding work out, you are wasting your time.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eurich1052 View Post
    i have been working out for about three weeks and watching what i am eating i weigh 205 and am wanting to lose fat and gaim muscle. i take 200 grams of lg lipotropic protein a day and asgt pre workout and in the morning on off days. i take a protein shake at breakfast and eat a lean pocket at 9:30 am most days protein shake at lunch eat a dinner then another protein shake. its hard to eat any other food tho my protein fills me up so i am never hungry do i need to keep eating or is this normal?
    very hard to do simultaneously bro... either pick one or the other

what bf% are you?
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

i need to go to the doctor to get that checked i havnt yet
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

you dont need a doc for that... your gym may have a pair of calipers and someone who may check it for free or maybe an electronic device which is less reliable but much quicker

can you see your abs? (even if you have to flex)
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

I work out in my basement and I can't see my abs even flexed
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.29%

good god man. 200g of protein from protein shakes?? that's way to much. drop it down to one or two shakes per day then eat whole foods for the rest.

if you can't see any ab definition flexing i'd say you probably need to cut the fat first before you try to gain weight/muscle.

are you doing any cardio?

use fitday.com or dailyburn.com to calculate your daily caloric intake and post that to us so we can help you out.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

doesnt the lipotropic promote fat loss? and as in running for cardio i have not done i have just been lifting
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.54%

Protein is Protein. Start doin some research about diets and routines on the net and there will be plenty of info to get you started on the right track.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Eurich1052 View Post
    doesnt the lipotropic promote fat loss? and as in running for cardio i have not done i have just been lifting
    No. Exercise and proper diet promotes fat loss...

Seriously man... ONE shake per day for awhile - post workout... eat some breakfast, eat a nice dinner...

Break out some steel cut oats, quinoa, and sweet potatoes for carbs. Cook ahead of time... Pack lunches, whatever. That amount of protein from shakes alone is just silly.

Whey digests quickly, usually like 30 minutes. Whole food proteins will fuel muscle synthesis and repair for much longer... Eggs - 4 hours, cottage cheese - 8 hours, chicken / steak - 4 to 6 hours.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

a small peice of advice:::
    YOU NEED TO RUN
    especially if your a hard gainer ( muscle wise )
    if your packing on weight and your strength is going up and your thinking man this is awesome
    welllll if you keep packing on that weight dont you think your body is going to need more than a couple explosive movements to get it used to its new enviroment?
    dude i packed on like 16 pounds over a course of 3 weeks this passed christmas and i thought i was the sh!t
    then as i progressed further into my strength gaining i completely lost my abs
    and started to even get NIPPLESSS
    you got to run man
    you gotta keep your body
    in a fat burning state
    muscle building state
    not a far storing state

Similar Forum Threads

1. diet question
    By liftallday123 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 12:59 AM
  2. help with diet and other question