Can anyone help me?!?! - AnabolicMinds.com

Can anyone help me?!?!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Can anyone help me?!?!

Hey everyone! First of all... THANK YOU for even taking a look at this thread to see if you can give some advise! I won't make it long, so hopefully you stick through and can give me a bit of advise!

Stats:
    - 25 year old male
    - 5'9"
    - 184 lbs
    - bodyfat...? Likely 15-17%
    - lifting 8+ years... (seriously for 4-5)

Supps:
    - KreAlkalyne (fancy name brand creatine! lol)
    - RPM (pre-workout)
    - Drive (halfway through first bottle)
    - daily multi-vitamin (Vitamin Shoppe brand)
    - Liver/kidney support

Diet:
    - Morning: 1.5 scoops of 100% Pure Whey protein shake in water (about 36-38 grams of protein) and a slice of wheat bread...
    - Pre-workout (30-45 min prior): 2 RPM, 3 Drive, half of a whey protein shake
    - Post workout: LeanBody Protein Shake (40g protein)
    - Afternoon: typically grilled chicken, veggies, etc.
    - Early evening: LeanBody Protein Shake
    - Late evening: 100% Casine Protein shake before bed... And usually a handfull of slices of turkey breast or cottage cheese...

As you can see... I am on a lower carb, mostly protein shake liquid diet... I will have a solid meal in the early afternoon (3-4pm). I eat something every 3-4 hours... Metabolism is definately up and running... need food every 3 hours or i get DAMN HUNGRY! With my body, i notice the carbs and sugar hit me hardest...

Training:
    - 5 days a week, typically as follows:
    Monday - Chest and abs
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Back
    Thursday: Arms
    Friday: Shoulders

I am currently about 10 weeks back into working out... I took about a year off after a cycle for many reasons (none of them good; i.e. new g/f, started small business, lack of time, PURE LAZINESS!!!, etc.)... At my "best" (on cycle) i was roughly 192lbs and hydrotested (water tank bodyfat test) at about 7.4% bodyfat... Shortly there after, i let myself go....

Now, back into the gym, i am not trying to "get huge" again... though it would be nice! I am trying to maintain the muscle i had kept (surprisingly a good amount on my shoulders, upper chest and back, and legs)... while reducing my midsection. I have a TERRIBLE predisposition to love handles and only when i'm below 9-10% body fat do they go away...

NOW FOR MY QUESTION!!!!

It's a diet question... It seems that no matter what i do.... I can't drop that fat around the love handles.... Now before you flame me.... I am an avid reader and have quite a bit of research prior to posting new threads... So given the above diet (which is my typical daily intake)... Why can I not lose my love handles?

Also.... I feel as though i am starting to LOSE my mass in my upper chest area... This tells me it's GOTTA be something with my current intake. I grasp the concept that i need to intake less calories than I burn to lose weight (in simple terms of course)... But I am now feeling tight and firm.. And am at the cross roads of "to increase calories and keel my mass" or " to keep at it and blast off my mid-section and love handles"....?!?! I am a bit carb sensitive and fear that my intaking more carbs, I will just bloat up.

Is there another way I can increase my calories as to NOT lose my mass.... Yet continue to lose body fat? Perhaps start eating to gain mass but introduce a fat burning supplement? (which one?!?!)

Again... Though my questions are a bit vague... I hope i provided enough background info for you to advise... I am very interested to hear your opinions as to my current predicament! Thanks in advance...

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Insulin resistant types can cycle carbs to help preserve muscle tissue while losing fat.

If you want me to be blunt the idea of consuming most of your meals as liquids is moronic. Food is more anabolic and more thermogenic ignoring all of the nutrients you will be lacking. Also, one of the massive flaws of calorie restriction (as well as being prone to muscle catabolism) is slowing down your own metabolism. What do you plan on doing when you hit a plateau- cut out your only solid meal?

I am not sure on the rules of this forum but I have written a very in depth article on BB about love handles as well as solutions to get rid of them. You can search for me on there if you want.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Will do! And I appreciate the blunt reply! The reasoning for my mainly liquid intake is due to my work schedule.... I drive around all day and tend be in a rush... Protein shake provide me with the protein i need in a convenient way! My choice would be to eat more meals as I don't prefer my current diet... But if its a matter of eating like crap or downing s protein shake every couple hours... I find that for losing some weight, intaking the protein shake is best....

I am MORE than willing to change my diet if it means getting results.... It's just a matter of logistics...
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious1 View Post
    Will do! And I appreciate the blunt reply! The reasoning for my mainly liquid intake is due to my work schedule.... I drive around all day and tend be in a rush... Protein shake provide me with the protein i need in a convenient way! My choice would be to eat more meals as I don't prefer my current diet... But if its a matter of eating like crap or downing s protein shake every couple hours... I find that for losing some weight, intaking the protein shake is best....

I am MORE than willing to change my diet if it means getting results.... It's just a matter of logistics...
    Get a small Igloo cooler and pack tuna, chicken, fruit, veggies,cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.It`s easy to carry, lots of variety and you`ll get most of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that shakes don`t provide. Shakes are a supplement, not a lifestyle. Eat and you`ll grow and lose at the same time.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

If you are in fact carb sensitive, I would avoid carb cycling, and intake more dietary fat. Put a TBSP of Macadamia nut oil in your shakes, and toss the wheat bread. Take a container of raw almonds, and walnuts with you as you travel. Grab a handful of those inbetween meals as you get hungry. Take in some beef during the day, sirloin preferrably. Have it with broccoli, or asparagus. Make whole eggs, and eat 3 or 4 in the morning too. scramble them up. Its quick. Use Egg lands best. This worked great for me, and should for you too. Drink plenty of water, and take carnitine too. Species makes a great fat burner to compliment this. Carnitine helps your body use fat for fuel. Make sure you do cardio, and train hard. I commend your use of Vitamin shoppe brand. I have some good friends there.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Thanks a lot for the input!

Cooky... Which fat burner are u referring to from species...?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.

Here is a quote from outstanding on another thread:

In all seriousness though... I didn't engage in any discourse involving utilization rates, I was merely stating that whey protein's proficiency cannot be overstated and has been repeatedly demonstrated to be a superior proliferative source for achieving all anabolic markers in comparison to whole food. Protein metabolism is a heavily studied sect of science, and all published and verifiable data that has materialized from those decades of study all show whole food is nowhere near as profound as whey protein at reversing catabolism, replenishing amino acid content, initiating protein synthesis, or the rapidity at which all those functions occur.

---------------
    I think he has some merit to his statement before we undermine whey protein.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Very good quote chocolate... Thanks for posting it! I agree with it... But also think I may be overdoing the liquid diet aspect of my intake...

Perhaps maybe I should continue with a similar diet... But instead of 2 scoops of whey... Do only one and add more whole foods.. Thereby maintaining the benefits of intakkng whey... Yet receiving the anabolic and thermogenic effects of metabolizing while food...?! Thoughts?
  9. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Don't let work interfere with your diet. Here is an example of my sunday night that allows me to eat right at work:

10 Chicken breasts cooked handle my meals for while I am at work and it takes me under 40 minutes on Sundays.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Don't let work interfere with your diet. Here is an example of my sunday night that allows me to eat right at work:

10 Chicken breasts cooked handle my meals for while I am at work and it takes me under 40 minutes on Sundays.
    YES!!!!!

I cook 4-7 lbs of chicken at a time. My girlfriend and I go through it in a couple of days. We fortunately have a microwave at work and can make hot food..

Raw veggies ( broccoli, cauliflower, etc) are actually the best to eat because heat diminishes part of the nutritional value.

If you're going to drink so many shakes per day, I would suggest a protein blend (whey and casein) so that you have some slower digesting protein.

Also adding in fat free cheese to your eggs is a great way to add some protein and change things up. I load my eggs with turkey, onions, bell peppers, spinach, low fat cheese and cook them with olive oil... Im a breakfast fanatic so when I do have to drink a bulk shake instead of a meal it makes me

haha

good luck with your diet, you might as well be the gatorade sponsor drinking their new RTD drinks lol
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  11. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    Also adding in fat free cheese to your eggs is a great way to add some protein and change things up. I load my eggs with turkey, onions, bell peppers, spinach, low fat cheese and cook them with olive oil... Im a breakfast fanatic so when I do have to drink a bulk shake instead of a meal it makes me
    I love breakfast, but my breakfast is usually scrambled eggs 5-6 of them, and Turkey Bacon... Good stuff.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I love breakfast, but my breakfast is usually scrambled eggs 5-6 of them, and Turkey Bacon... Good stuff.
    ha i love that stuff we buy 2 of the 3 packs at sams. cant beat 6 packs of turkey bacon for that price
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

LIPOLYZE. Is the fat burner. I also love Trader Joes Turkey bacon.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.

I know what you mean about that lower mid -section and love handles. Look into this thread as it helped me understand why thats the last and hardest to go- Advanced Fat Loss Discussion (alpha/beta receptors) .

Also it is very confusing to get rid of those love handles while keeping mass, because the best way to rid of them is to lower your calorie and fat intake by about 500-1000cals a day BUT at the same time doing that will only hinder your muscle growth if not cause you to lose muscle. So where does that lead you? Only Back to the drawing boards unfortunately. So now what do we do? Well heres what i did- Ran a decent clen/t3 cycle that best suited me, along with a PH to keep my hard gains. Just an example. Good luck bro and just know that as long as you stay on track you'll be fine and reach your goals. Its only a matter of time, dont stress it, you've been there b4 and you sure as hell can do it again AND some! Just stay focused and positive.
  15. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    Here is a quote from outstanding on another thread:

In all seriousness though... I didn't engage in any discourse involving utilization rates, I was merely stating that whey protein's proficiency cannot be overstated and has been repeatedly demonstrated to be a superior proliferative source for achieving all anabolic markers in comparison to whole food. Protein metabolism is a heavily studied sect of science, and all published and verifiable data that has materialized from those decades of study all show whole food is nowhere near as profound as whey protein at reversing catabolism, replenishing amino acid content, initiating protein synthesis, or the rapidity at which all those functions occur.

---------------
    I think he has some merit to his statement before we undermine whey protein.
    It isn't about reversing catabolism or replenishing amino acid pools rather than the impact on insulin levels and how that influences fat storage on the 'love handles'.

I agree with Cooky32 on the oils and carnitine. Keep in mind that different forms of 'cardio' have different impacts so it is very vague. GH producing workouts like HIIT or lactate style weight training workouts will improve insulin sensitivity and help you along your way.