Hey everyone! First of all... THANK YOU for even taking a look at this thread to see if you can give some advise! I won't make it long, so hopefully you stick through and can give me a bit of advise!
- 25 year old male
- 184 lbs
- bodyfat...? Likely 15-17%
- lifting 8+ years... (seriously for 4-5)
- KreAlkalyne (fancy name brand creatine! lol)
- RPM (pre-workout)
- Drive (halfway through first bottle)
- daily multi-vitamin (Vitamin Shoppe brand)
- Liver/kidney support
- Morning: 1.5 scoops of 100% Pure Whey protein shake in water (about 36-38 grams of protein) and a slice of wheat bread...
- Pre-workout (30-45 min prior): 2 RPM, 3 Drive, half of a whey protein shake
- Post workout: LeanBody Protein Shake (40g protein)
- Afternoon: typically grilled chicken, veggies, etc.
- Early evening: LeanBody Protein Shake
- Late evening: 100% Casine Protein shake before bed... And usually a handfull of slices of turkey breast or cottage cheese...
As you can see... I am on a lower carb, mostly protein shake liquid diet... I will have a solid meal in the early afternoon (3-4pm). I eat something every 3-4 hours... Metabolism is definately up and running... need food every 3 hours or i get DAMN HUNGRY! With my body, i notice the carbs and sugar hit me hardest...
- 5 days a week, typically as follows:
Monday - Chest and abs
I am currently about 10 weeks back into working out... I took about a year off after a cycle for many reasons (none of them good; i.e. new g/f, started small business, lack of time, PURE LAZINESS!!!, etc.)... At my "best" (on cycle) i was roughly 192lbs and hydrotested (water tank bodyfat test) at about 7.4% bodyfat... Shortly there after, i let myself go....
Now, back into the gym, i am not trying to "get huge" again... though it would be nice! I am trying to maintain the muscle i had kept (surprisingly a good amount on my shoulders, upper chest and back, and legs)... while reducing my midsection. I have a TERRIBLE predisposition to love handles and only when i'm below 9-10% body fat do they go away...
NOW FOR MY QUESTION!!!!
It's a diet question... It seems that no matter what i do.... I can't drop that fat around the love handles.... Now before you flame me.... I am an avid reader and have quite a bit of research prior to posting new threads... So given the above diet (which is my typical daily intake)... Why can I not lose my love handles?
Also.... I feel as though i am starting to LOSE my mass in my upper chest area... This tells me it's GOTTA be something with my current intake. I grasp the concept that i need to intake less calories than I burn to lose weight (in simple terms of course)... But I am now feeling tight and firm.. And am at the cross roads of "to increase calories and keel my mass" or " to keep at it and blast off my mid-section and love handles"....?!?! I am a bit carb sensitive and fear that my intaking more carbs, I will just bloat up.
Is there another way I can increase my calories as to NOT lose my mass.... Yet continue to lose body fat? Perhaps start eating to gain mass but introduce a fat burning supplement? (which one?!?!)
Again... Though my questions are a bit vague... I hope i provided enough background info for you to advise... I am very interested to hear your opinions as to my current predicament! Thanks in advance...