Postwork shake question?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Alright well post workout i have been taking GlycoMaize, a waxy maize based product along with 5g creatine monohydrate. Well during my workout i consume Scivation Xtend and was wondering if post-workout I should either add Xtend or a Whey Protein to my post-workout shake. I have currently been going GlycoMaize 35g + Creatine 5g + 3 scoops Xtend then an hour later consuming a meal high in protein. Should i have the whey instead of the Xtend post-workout?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Alright will do from here on out then thanks you though.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
drink the carbs n creatine immediately post wo. then drink the protein 15-30 minutes after that.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Alright man sounds good, thanks for the advice you guys.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Then again, you could just do both.

Usually after I workout I'll have a 20-32oz gatorade with 5-10 g creatine, one or two scoops of xtend, and beta-alanine.

Then after I drink that I'll have my protein shake with several slices of cinnamon bread.

I then eat a whole meal full of carbs and protein about an hour to an hour and a half after my PWO.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advive you guys, I will try consuming the GlycoMaize + Creatine + Xtend First on the ride home will consume a whey protein shake to get the best of both.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA/EAA+WMS

then

Whey

Having the whey protein with the WMS will slow down the absorption and negate its purpose.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
BCAA/EAA+WMS

then

Whey

Having the whey protein with the WMS will slow down the absorption and negate its purpose.

That's actually what i kind of figured, Thanks Rodja, do you think 30 min would be an ideal wait time between the WMS then whey protein shake?

Chico222

Awards
I take Universal Torrent, expensive, but has everything already in it.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I usually take WMS+protein in one shake,than sip on extend for the rest of my day. You guys are saying to split them up?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Then again, you could just do both.

Usually after I workout I'll have a 20-32oz gatorade with 5-10 g creatine, one or two scoops of xtend, and beta-alanine.

Then after I drink that I'll have my protein shake with several slices of cinnamon bread.

I then eat a whole meal full of carbs and protein about an hour to an hour and a half after my PWO.

Beta-Alanine PostWO?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
The reason he is saying to take WMS + Xtend immediately post workout is due to the rapid absorption of both these products and the ability to naturally spike your insulin levels. Protein would slow this rate to some degree so take the WMS + Xtend then 30 min later have a whey protein shake or some other sort of high protein meal.

Beta-Alanine post workout will help lower the H+ concentration from the lactic acid build up during a workout that is why he takes it post workout