Lower Insulin Resistance?!?!

Z

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are some of the best ways to lower insulin resistance and improve metabolic health?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
change your diet,

More heart healthy fats, Less overall Carbohydrate and simple sugar consumption, more Leafy green veggies, and fresh veggies, Blue berries raspberries (i limit this to the mornings)

On top of that there are supplements

Gut Health is GREAT, and i use Recompadrol which helps many or all parameters associated with metabolic syndrome (Syndrome X)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
change your diet,

More heart healthy fats, Less overall Carbohydrate and simple sugar consumption, more Leafy green veggies, and fresh veggies, Blue berries raspberries (i limit this to the mornings)

Gut Health is GREAT, and i use Recompadrol which helps many or all parameters associated with metabolic syndrome (Syndrome X)
Gut Health?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah i know but is OOS for long time.

but the probiotics is good for insulin?
if it helps digestion, and the proper functioning of intestines it can, statistically significant with out the above changes? who knows.

Z

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
change your diet,

Awesome

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Alpha Lipoic Acid helps increases insulin sensitivity for a short period, but I dont know how good it would be to just pop ALA all day. If you have the type of diet that makes a person insulin resistant, your body would probably learn to stay insulin resistant.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ala is excellent for insulin sensitivity as well as potent antioxident.

I've used up to 1800mg per day. Sometimes more.

Some people have problems though with that.

I wouldn't suggest ALA if you have metabolic syndrome because you may also have thyroid issues that are being handled with medicine and ALA can interact with that

Z

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is insulin sensitivity the same as insulin resistance?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No insulin resistance is much different. And it'll lead to diabetes in the future.

Insulin sensitivity is a good thing

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus quadrangularis is also known as "Veld Grape." It's another medicinal plant native to Africa, India, and other parts of Asia. Cissus has traditionally been used to treat a variety of ailments such as bone fractures, ulcers, wounds, indigestion and asthma. Animal studies have shown Cissus extracts may have gastroprotective effects, contribute to bone health, and have antioxidant/antimicrobial activities. A number of people swear by Cissus as an analgesic and use it to treat weight lifting injuries. Lately, Cissus has also been touted as a fat loss agent, thanks to two studies.The first was discussed by Paul in his review of Cylaris. Of course, this study actually tested the entire Cylaris formula—which makes it difficult to draw conclusions about Cissus itself. A second study, however, did test a proprietary Cissus extract (CQR-300) and concluded it "...brought about significant reductions in weight and blood glucose levels, while decreasing serum lipids thus improving cardiovascular risk factors.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is insulin sensitivity the same as insulin resistance?
They are inverses to one another. So if you become more insulin sensitive, then your resistance is dropping...

Take it from a diabetic, the best way to lower insulin resistance is through exercise and improving diet. That's because the single biggest improvement comes from reducing and/or spreading out food energy intake. Supplements don't really address this so are largely ineffective and since most people have not practical way to measure insulin resistance supp companies can make all the claims they want.

Some meds like Metformin do reduce resistance but this means that if used by a 'healthy' person mild hypoglycemia can be a side effect. So really, a 'healthy' person need not be concerned about directly controlling insulin resistance. Exercise and eat right and the rest will follow.

G

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
cardio. and avoid simple refined sugars and other high GI carbs and stick to complex carbs. doing these two things willl vastly improve your insulin sensitivty (and lower your insulin resistance)

G

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
No insulin resistance is much different. And it'll lead to diabetes in the future.

Insulin sensitivity is a good thing
Insulin resistance is another way of saying you have low insulin sensitivity, meaning it requires a lot of insulin for your body to process a small amount of glucose, which causes an "insulin spike."

insulin resistance is a condition. dont worry about insulin resistance, just worry about increasing your insulin sensitivity. really, it's just semantics

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its a little more then how you explained, ill get to it at a later point in time because I'm on my fone

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
alright

short but sweet

Insulin resistance IS a condition, but it isnt "nothing to worry about". in the long run it can lead to hyper insulinemia, obesity, and lipid problems, as well as diabeties.

with IR your body is unable to usefully use the insulin you secrete for the amount of sugar you ingest. That isnt good, since the insulin pathway activated Glut4 translocation there may be a problem bringing it to the surface cell when you have IR.

obviously this all depends on the degree of insulin resistance.

Insulin Sensitivity is a good thing. This means the more "sensitive" you are to insulins effects, the less you need to secrete for the same amount of sugar for uptake into cells.

heres web MD Definition for IR as well...

IR- In insulin resistance, the body's cells have a diminished ability to respond to the action of the insulin hormone. To compensate for the insulin resistance, the pancreas secretes more insulin.

People with this syndrome have insulin resistance and high levels of insulin in the blood as a marker of the disease rather than a cause.

Over time people with insulin resistance can develop high sugars or diabetes as the high insulin levels can no longer compensate for elevated sugars.